• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARMS |OT| (’-‘)-------------

ggx2ac

Following from my last post: http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=241114750

I have now finished Grand Prix Level 7 with Twintelle (along with Min Min and Helix.)

DClfxEnUwAEQvMj.jpg

DClf2CBUQAQTeGf.jpg

DClgGjrVYAA0_-s.jpg

You guessed it, I used Ice Dragons.

Anyway, I'm tired so I am going to take a break.

Note: I lost the match I got a perfect with.

Branduil

Why does my slapamander never, ever fucking hit. I don't understand. I cannot hit the broadside of a fucking barn. I must be the most worthless ARMS player in existence because I cannot for the life of me figure out how to aim these fucking arms.

Speely

Banned
Why does my slapamander never, ever fucking hit. I don't understand. I cannot hit the broadside of a fucking barn. I must be the most worthless ARMS player in existence because I cannot for the life of me figure out how to aim these fucking arms.

Is this online or off?

The hit detection in this game is weird. Sometimes my hits land and sometimes it phases right through them.

I agree, it seems a bit inconsistent online.

Moondrop

Banned
Slapmander is amazing on Helix. It naturally curves the "correct" way when you stretch and lean, i.e. if you lean left and punch, it arcs left to right. Unlike say a normal glove, which would curve from straight to left.

Go to versus mode -> training -> guard breaking. There are only 3 curves for slapamander: straight, left, or right. Practice the input as you punch. Motion or standard?

Slapmander is amazing on Helix. It naturally curves the "correct" way when you stretch and lean, i.e. if you lean left and punch, it arcs left to right. Unlike say a normal glove, which would curve from straight to left.

Go to versus mode -> training -> guard breaking. There are only 3 curves for slapamander: straight, left, or right. Practice the input as you punch. Motion or standard?

They curve up and diagonally too..

DrDogg

May I remind you that this is the whole post I quoted?

There doesn't seem to be any ambiguity that it was about the competitive nature of the game. If you're trying to avoid addressing the things I brought up again just let me know and I'll just block you.

Just because a game isn't designed to be competitive doesn't mean it isn't competitive. Smash was not designed to be competitive, but it certainly is. My complaint in the post you quoted was concerning the lack of resources traditional fighting games offer. Two different topics.

May I remind you that our conversation evolved almost immediately after that post as you went on a rant about a bunch of stuff that's hardly been talked about recently. What have I not addressed that you brought up? I have no issues answering whatever questions you have, but please, it if bothers you so much feel free to block me.

By the way, where's everyone sitting on their rank level? Feeling pretty good at Rank 6, but I'm sure some of you here are far past that.

Rank 9 at the moment. Was going for 10 earlier tonight, but it takes so many wins to level up now... and I kind of don't see the point since there aren't any leaderboards or anything. >_>

Can you hit the training dummies? I would start there and practice your aim. Much easier on a target that isn't moving or fighting back. I don't use Slapamanders much and it's harder to aim/curve with traditional controls anyway, so I can't be much more help.

Soul Lab

Me and the wife gave the motion controls another shot tonight.

Oof. It tells like ni ntendo did a good job but they are just naturally not intuitive.

I will stick to gamepad until I have the game mastered than give them a try again.

Would stick controls be intuitive, if you weren't use to them for more than 20 years?
I don't think so

Branduil

Can you hit the training dummies? I would start there and practice your aim. Much easier on a target that isn't moving or fighting back. I don't use Slapamanders much and it's harder to aim/curve with traditional controls anyway, so I can't be much more help.

I can hit stationary targets in training, but once I play an actual match the slapamander almost never hits. I don't understand how you're supposed to use it if it's so inaccurate.

Speely

Banned
Grand Prix level 4

Hmm. Opponents are a lot harder to hit on GP lvl 4 than on 3, but Slapamanders are pretty forgiving. I would try out a weapon that's easier to visually see connecting (or not) like the various glove weapons. Slaps are too fast on the snap to read.

CazTGG

I'm really torn on this game. The character designs are fantastic and there's a satisfying amount of strategy to be found in the combat, but the content is incredibly limited and the difficulty curve is pretty steep in single-player. Also: The method for unlocking new ARMS is an unnecessarily tedious middle step to getting a couple pieces of gear.

Would stick controls be intuitive, if you weren't use to them for more than 20 years?

Yes, because buttons don't rely on you swinging your hands around in order to get them to work. The motion controls aren't very good and left a very poor impression with the less than informative tutorial.

Pastry

Banned
My one gripe with game is that there really isn't much reason to play anything other than the light agile characters. The medium/heavy ones don't have enough to offset the lack of mobility.

TheTeacher

Neo Member
Christ I can't win one ranked match. Anyone I meet beata the crap out of me. In 10 matches ir so I've won ONE round. I have never seen the Rank meter go up.

Should I simply try to beat the GP at levels higher than 4 before I take my chances at Ranked?

PS: This was so satisfying..

mTo9aWT.jpg

Blindy

I've been on on the side of the law thus far but damnit, I just did my 1st Medium ARMS timer and 2 of the 3 items I got are for Ribbon Girl.....has to be a sign of things.

Am I destined to become apart of the Red Ribbon Army? She has serious potential. Great music too!

Top Bottom