• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARMS |OT| (’-‘)-------------

Having kids finally pays off.

a4yiLrX.jpg

Guess I'll be playing Arms a lot sooner than I thought.

This used to be my strategy as a kid.

random25

GGs GoreMagala! My battery indicator is beeping now. Gotta charge first.

You are really getting the hang of evading my ram ram. You are still hard to hit lol.

GGs GoreMagala! My battery indicator is beeping now. Gotta charge first.

Alright then. GG. No joke you've given me an existential crisis. Everyone else is going on about "at this point just try not to let Gore perfect you" and then you come in and wipe me out in seconds, I'm impressed but shaken. I'll definitely have to keep brawling you to get that down since any other scenario I've got covered

Not hard to hit enough

I'm really loving this game so far! Anyways here's my FC so feel free to add me :)
6965-4998-4369

I've added you.

I believe I'm in your lobby

random25

Alright then. GG. No joke you've given me an existential crisis. Everyone else is going on about "at this point just try not to let Gore perfect you" and then you come in and wipe me out in seconds, I'm impressed but shaken. I'll definitely have to keep brawling you to get that down since any other scenario I've got covered

Not hard to hit enough

Your ultra-aggressive style is really making it hard to use the dragon because I can't use it as much as I want. You easily corner me and with that towering Helix with fast party poppers I tend to panic on what to do after a get-up.

You can really be imposing on smaller stages. That's really Min Min's weakness.

Your ultra-aggressive style is really making it hard to use the dragon because I can't use it as much as I want. You easily corner me and with that towering Helix with fast party poppers I tend to panic on what to do after a get-up.

You can really be imposing on smaller stages. That's really Min Min's weakness.

Well, my goal is to give all my opponents anxiety so as long as I'm doing that, which seems to be the case, I'm happy. I like knowing that I'm at least a challenge and have people frightened or guessing. It's interesting to hear your take on it since I felt I was being pummeled, turns out you had to do a lot of decision making in order to do what you did so it makes me feel better about the loss than just something that's practically unavoidable since at first I was completely taken aback. Like I said let's make sure to brawl again soon, it's some good learning for me and some stress for you :p thanks for that

Moondrop

Banned
The game gets even more addicting when you start testing all of the arms combinations for yourself. Best overall combo I've found is three horizontal (tribolt) + three vertical (hydra), which I have on Twintelle- versatile and mean. Shield on Min Min's left has potential, plus it's lulzy. Tried blorb on Mechanica and Kid Cobra- goes better with her slow hovering than his grounded quickness.

Added, Christ that Mkart play time

I'm up against the good people tonight I see xD

Then again it is 5:42 AM right now 🤔

Again, I felt like I got somewhat pummeled XD thought it did feel like more of back and forth mind games so I hope it was fun. Likely the best Min Min and Ribbons I've played with thus far, and I did win at least 😂

Robiin

Two days in, I think the combat and controls are starting to click finally. I can actually think and choose options fast enough to be able to outsmart bad players. Before I was struggling with how to execute what I wanted and was also learning the systems. Feels great to be able to do what I intend fast enough.

I still have a long ways to go and I am still bad, but progress is progress!

Not hard to hit enough

I believe I'm in your lobby

Yep i can see you.

im watching the conversation about the Elusive Helix but i feel left in the air somewhat, i tried private messaging to not stir the flow of the conversation off but i did not get any replies. If someone could give some details it would be appreciated:

What type of control setup is Helix using Motion, traditional, traditional Pro?

On what stages (if any) he's having great advantage?

Does it only applies to online play?

Does the control setup the opponent is using againts him have any bearing in how hard it to hit Helix?

A world of thanks if anyone can answer.

im watching the conversation about the evading Helix but i feel left in the air somewhat, i tried private messaging to not stir the conversation but if someone could give some details it would be appreciated:

What type of control setup is Helix using?

On what stages (if any) he's having great advantage?

Does it only applies to online play?

Does the control setup the opponent is using againts him have any bearing in how hard it to hit Helix?

A world of thanks if anyone can answer.

Are you able to play right now? You can face my Helix in question. It's late and I think it's getting to me but you'll see it

In particular double poppers Helix

Portable mode

Any and all stages great advantage (though Snake Park anything goes)

Yes it applies to online

For the most part no, everyone I've gone against has said that hitting me has been ranging from hard to a nightmare, recently I've had a string of loses from great fights but it might be due to mentality and the night getting to me

DjRalford

I am really struggling to beat the counter the counter training against twintelle, im throwing a punch to lure her to move then countering but she is a pain.

God Gore you're amazing! Had a really hard time closing in on you. Anyways I've got to go now. Will definitely play with you next time and hopefully beat you as well (even if only once :p)

correojon

Byte and Barq in skillshot GP4 gave me a lot of trouble with Springman, but I was finally able to beat them. I didn't have much problem with the rest though it wasn't easy. Replayed GP4 with Ribbon Girl and almost blazed through it, but when I got to Hedlok it repeteadly destroyed me. I finally managed to beat him, I love how little by little I got better against him until I could beat him with almost half my HP.
Next I'll try GP5 with Ninjara, my idea is to beat GP at least once with every character while progressively ramping up difficulty. I think I'm getting much better, I couldn't win a single match in GP3 when the game released and I did fairly well in the testpunches.

Any advice for Twintelle's training? I managed to cheese it by getting the first hit and stalling time, but I can't KO her. I can reliably dodge her counters but getting a hit in myself is just a matter of luck right now :( Only reliable way of hitting her is by baiting her counter with a single punch, then using my special to punish her but I can only do that 2 times in a fight and it´s not enough to KO her.

Cpt Lmao

I think reviewers were a tad harsh on this game, as an over the shoulder fighting game it's quite innovative, and it's incredibly well polished.

random25

Fighting rank 9 and above is the true test. Damn they are so hard.

This Min Min main named TOT is the best I've fought yet. I just won once in many tries because of beyblade lol.

Top Bottom