• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrested Development |OT| Season 4 - May 26 - Netflix Unmakes A Huge Mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Just watched up to episode five. Really enjoyed 1, 4 and 5, mildly enjoyed 2 and 3. It's not always hilarious but I laugh a lot, I appreciate they're telling a longer story and it's genuinely quite impressive.

Aiii

So not worth it
Just like showing people smokers lungs and what not to scare them off of smoking, every plastic surgeon should have this up on the wall of their waiting rooms:

SiSYfXe.jpg

Sjees.

Aselith

Just like showing people smokers lungs and what not to scare them off of smoking, every plastic surgeon should have this up on the wall of their waiting rooms:

http://i.imgur.com/SiSYfXe.jpg[IMG]

Sjees.[/QUOTE]

Why would a plastic surgeon want to scare people off of plastic surgery?

Nether!

Just finished episode 11.

Will reserve judgement until the very end but I am enjoying it overall.

GOB episodes have been the strongest as they seem to feel the most similar to the show in terms of pacing and other main cast members appearing.
That's my biggest issue so far, the solo episodes move too far away from the format of the series and don't let the main characters interact enough.

Expect there will be a great fan-edit of all the footage to turn the 15 episodes into one, great 8-hour episode.

I'm liking it so far but I don't think the original three seasons are somehow above reproach (season three especially). I think the way they've structured the new season is really interesting, and all of the comedian cameos are cool too. Can't wait to watch more later tonight.

CrisKre

I think this season is quite different and yet manages to retain familiarity.
It took me a couple of episedoes to adjust, but im enjoing it tremendously now. It's brilliant and I'm ecstatic the bluths are back.

Finished them all now. Will take a week or so before watching again.

Still think the length is the only thing I'd change. Can't believe I'm saying less is better when it comes to AD, but yes, less would have been better.

Having said that, very impressed. Hope this is a great success and we get another season that the cast can prepare their schedules for better next time.

Just finished ep 7:

-LOL at the Entourage joke
-Richter continues to kill it, talk show side-kicks: "Well fuck you too!"
-Ann's zipper on the pajamas
-"I've made a huge mistake" when he's surrounded by the family with the song coming in "hello darkness my old friend". Loved that.
-Embryo Dan!
-
Holy fuck at Steve Holt, didn't recognize him at all!

And yeah Portia looked awful, but then somehow looked amazing after cutting her hair. Wut

fallingdove

Just finished Episode 5. I like them well enough but I think they would have been stronger if the character stories had been edited together.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Buster Ep:
I fucking died when he was sewing naked
The camera stayed on it for so long too.

Also, someone earlier mentioned the hallway between the apartments being extended. They're right. I wonder if they forgot there was supposed to be a branching hallway there (Next to the garbage chute) or if maybe there's a reason. Maybe Lucille 2 expanded her apartment. But then again, that's where the elevator was I thought. Or at least some kind of exit. (From the episode way back when Buster showed GOB his "Army skills" and ran off to make a loop around to sneak up behind him. He went down that hallway.)

Seanspeed

Banned
I think the
Rush
references in episode 4 are just for me.
I didn't notice em. What were they?

Anyways, I'm watching Episode 5 now. There's some good laughs here and there, but it definitely doesn't have the charm of the original. The interaction with all the family members is gone and I dont like the focus on individual characters.

A seriously lack of Gob hurts, too. He's the best character.

Also a bit disappointed with Maebe. I was thinking she'd grow up to be a bit hotter. /pedo

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.

SiSYfXe.jpg

Sjees.
Ellen degeneres is all about that trophy wife.

Disappointed to see the show already on torrent sites with thousands of seeders. Didn't know people could pirate Netflix stuff. Guess nothing is immune to piracy, though.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Wow. Buster's episode has cameo's from both Gabe and David Wallace from The Office.

Disappointed to see the show already on torrent sites with thousands of seeders. Didn't know people could pirate Netflix stuff. Guess nothing is immune to piracy, though.
If only Netflix had George Michael's software.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
A lot of folks across the world do not have access to netflix as well. It's just the nature of television shows now. So it's not very surprising (and not very hard technically to pull episodes from netflix). I believe there is an archive going on for netflix content. In the deep recesses of the Internet.

Do they go out of their way to make Maibe unattractive? The first time she came on I thought she was a maid or something and had to do a double take.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom