• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrested Development |OT| Season 4 - May 26 - Netflix Unmakes A Huge Mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Yup, and plus Michael was drunk so he probably wasn't thinking straight.

I also think I might forgetting something, but didn't the only time that they actually showed Lucille 2 on the stairs "dead," there was just a lightning flash and she was suddenly gone? Could have skipped forward in time, could represent altered perceptions, etc

Jessica Walter was looking super old, but not frail.

I thought she worst when her hair was wet at the Coast Guard office. Quite a few times she looked absolutely great though.

Definitely not frail though, She could still carry some bags full of gold bars. ;)

Gotchaye

Yes. but wasn't that the day before? Didn't the punch occur the day after the night GOB gave Michael the roofie? How the narrator explained it was just slightly confusing.

Michael remembered that GM and his girlfriend had had issues - he was surprised that they were going to work it out. And he's ridiculously insincere when commiserating with GM about how awful the situation is. The narrator's also pretty clear - the only thing the roofie made him forget was that he took the roofie. "The truth" refers to him taking a roofie, not to him taking a roofie and then forgetting relevant information.

I liked Kristen Wiig as Young Lucille. I thought her lip movements were perfect. Haha. Agreed that Seth Rogen as a young George Sr. was terrible. Also the extended cut of "You're a Crook, Captain Hook" was unnecessary.

TUSR

Banned
I liked Kristen Wiig as Young Lucille. I thought her lip movements were perfect. Haha. Agreed that Seth Rogen as a young George Sr. was terrible. Also the extended cut of "You're a Crook, Captain Hook" was unnecessary.

Yeah I don't like things being changed.

It helps I find Kristen Wiig incredibly attractive.

I definitely have a type... Red heads.

Gotchaye

Huh, that was Rogen? Yeah, he was unbelievable (in a bad way).

Mariolee

I also think I might forgetting something, but didn't the only time that they actually showed Lucille 2 on the stairs "dead," there was just a lightning flash and she was suddenly gone? Could have skipped forward in time, could represent altered perceptions, etc

Yup, as we've seen multiple times throughout this season they've done it before.

So here's what we got so far:

I THINK I FIGURED OUT THE MYSTERY OF LUCILLE 2'S DISAPPEARANCE. Let me get the things that everyone has agreed on out of the way first: I'm almost positive that Lucille 2 suffered from vertigo from Michael trying to have sex with her again or whatever, fell down the stair car, Michael got nervous and hid the body while it was dark somehow in between fireworks, accidentally framed Buster, and then took a forget-me-now and forgot the whole thing.
Now here's the kicker: I think I know where he hid the body. Continuing off of what I said before, Michael probably hid her body in the Banana Stand which is why he inexplicably changed to a Banana Stand shirt when he gets back to the Bluth house!!!! It would also serve as a meta joke since Lucille 2 represents a lot of money for Michael and THERE'S ALWAYS MONEY IN THE BANANA STAND. Triton255 from NeoGAF also added that "Puts the "You're a crook, Captain Hook!" scene in a whole new light. With Buster as the defendant and Michael trying to convince everyone that he's guilty. Not that he necessarily would knowingly betray Buster, but still the same brother vs brother concept."

I don't think Lucille 2 is dead. I think Michael just over-panicked and hid the body in the Banana Stand only to reawaken there like GOB did in the storage unit. Plus, Michael was drunk so he probably wasn't thinking straight.

I think we cracked it.

Michael remembered that GM and his girlfriend had had issues - he was surprised that they were going to work it out. And he's ridiculously insincere when commiserating with GM about how awful the situation is. The narrator's also pretty clear - the only thing the roofie made him forget was that he took the roofie. "The truth" refers to him taking a roofie, not to him taking a roofie and then forgetting relevant information.

Yeah, it's late and it didn't make immediate sense right away. Like the whole GOB effect of forgetting he took one. lol. Still, even with Michael's luck with women being so poor, I'm shocked he'd still want to try to date a woman he know his son liked, with the last time it being Heather Graham.

Apparently the actor who played Young Barry Zuckerkorn is actually the son of the actor who plays Zuckerkorn! Uncanny.

I didn't know that, pretty cool.

jerry113

Banned
Bahaha I was wondering why he was so very good. Awesome.

Also, shout out for Kristen Wiig being the shit and Rogen making her look bad, as he is wont to do to his coactors

tumblr_mngx7kvT5J1qzxi8so1_250.gif

Yeah I don't like things being changed.

It helps I find Kristen Wiig incredibly attractive.

I definitely have a type... Red heads.

Dude, back in 2003 I think, I watched the "Joe Schmoo Show" with her in it. It was pretty much her first big job before she got all SNL and Bridesmaids famous. She was still very attractive, it's worth watching that if you haven't seen it yet.

Yeah, almost positive that (spoilered if I'm right)
Lucille 2 suffered from vertigo from Michael trying to have sex with her again or whatever, fell down the stair car, Michael got nervous and hid the body while it was dark somehow in between fireworks, accidentally framed Buster, and then took a forget-me-now and forgot the whole thing.

That's actually pretty damn plausible.

oatmeal

Banned
Poor Steve Holt in episode 11...at the beginning when Gob/Michael are racing to the house and he stops and the big bug flies off of his van and breaks :(

Arkos

I like how people refer to THE FONZ as 'the actor that played Zuckercorn'.

Incredible.

Dude no way! If you don't know he's the Fonz then I feel like you can never fully understand the humor of these comedic roles he's played. It's always funny first and foremost because it's the Fonz!

Blastoise

Banned
Dude no way! If you don't know he's the Fonz then I feel like you can never fully understand the humor of these comedic roles he's played. It's always funny first and foremost because it's the Fonz!

I feel people need to have knowledge of Happy Days before they can fully appreciate Arrested Development.

Metaphoreus

This is semantics, and nothing more
EDIT: Also whats with all of the Facebook message noises. Just heard one in the first ep while he was kicking the tumbleweed.

Fakeblock jokes duh! I think whoever first said that they should have used Eisenberg as a Cera stand in is a genius and deserves a spot writing the show lol

I mean I know what the joke is about I just don't get why it happens when it does. Unless they know we are watching it on our computers and might have Facebook open at the time and then tab over to check our messages. META AS SHIT!

The only one I noticed was in the episode where Lindsay is talking to Marky Bark in Lucille's penthouse. Just after Mark shovels up some cake with the picture of Buster, there was a messaging sound. I actually went to check Facebook to see if I had received a message. (And, because I'm unfortunately using Windows 8, I also switched over to that other mode that I never ever use to see if the Messaging app had received some message.) I remember the scene so clearly because I eventually rewound the show a couple of times to make sure I wasn't making things up.

Arkos

I feel people need to have knowledge of Happy Days before they can fully appreciate Arrested Development.

Do you mean just for Winkler appreciation or are they actually similar as shows in a significant way? As a responsible adult I am aware of the Fonz and his influence on culture but I've never really watched Happy Days lol

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Has anyone noted that Michael changes shirts from seeing Lucille 2 on the stair car to when he sees Gob with Tony? From blue to a banana stand shirt. It's supposed to be the same night right?

Arkos

Has anyone noted that Michael changes shirts from seeing Lucille 2 on the stair car to when he sees Gob with Tony? From blue to a banana stand shirt. It's supposed to be the same night right?

See: the page right before this one

Edit: or the next post! Lol

Mariolee

Part of my theory:
I THINK I FIGURED OUT THE MYSTERY OF LUCILLE 2'S DISAPPEARANCE. Let me get the things that everyone has agreed on out of the way first: I'm almost positive that Lucille 2 suffered from vertigo from Michael trying to have sex with her again or whatever, fell down the stair car, Michael got nervous and hid the body while it was dark somehow in between fireworks, accidentally framed Buster, and then took a forget-me-now and forgot the whole thing.
Now here's the kicker: I think I know where he hid the body. Continuing off of what I said before, Michael probably hid her body in the Banana Stand which is why he inexplicably changed to a Banana Stand shirt when he gets back to the Bluth house!!!! It would also serve as a meta joke since Lucille 2 represents a lot of money for Michael and THERE'S ALWAYS MONEY IN THE BANANA STAND. Triton255 from NeoGAF also added that "Puts the "You're a crook, Captain Hook!" scene in a whole new light. With Buster as the defendant and Michael trying to convince everyone that he's guilty. Not that he necessarily would knowingly betray Buster, but still the same brother vs brother concept."
I think we cracked it.

oatmeal

Banned
In the POOF'S WOOPS article that shows up when Tony is talking to GOB.

It says "Product Recalls: 'China Wow! Smoke From Nowhere."
Not for use near rabbits, mice, bees, doves, or colonizing animals.

Well now we know what kind of smoke was killing the bees.

It's also on page 11, and the episode is 11...might be a stretch.

Mariolee

In the POOF'S WOOPS article that shows up when Tony is talking to GOB.

It says "Product Recalls: 'China Wow! Smoke From Nowhere."
Not for use near rabbits, mice, bees, doves, or colonizing animals.

Well now we know what kind of smoke was killing the bees.

It's also on page 11, and the episode is 11...might be a stretch.

lol nice. There is no stone unturned in this show.

oatmeal

Banned
Gob digging the wall, says "I will show everyone that I'm not afraid of the sweet sting of sweat in my eyes..."

A call-back to the pilot.

Finished it tonight. It was a slow burn but picked up in the second half. Really enjoyed it in the end.

Lindsay looks sooo fucking good with short hair holy fuck.

Socreges

Banned
11 episodes down.

The Gob and Michael episodes have been so much better than everything else so far.

Tobias/Lucille was awesome, though.

I'll definitely finish the last 4 tomorrow. Hyped.

Lijik

Is there some sort of symbolism regarding the ostrich? I mean there are references to it inside the show (michaels google car, etc) but is there some other reason?

In the ancient world, ostrich eggs were placed in the tombs and graves, especially those of rulers and children. They appear to symbolize the hope of resurrection or immortality
http://biblicalanthropology.blogspot.com/2010/10/ostrich-in-biblical-symbolism.html

Just came across this on tumblr and thought back to this post

jerry113

Banned
I would choose a movie over an additional season if it means we get to see the main characters all in the same scene as opposed to talking over the phone.

Wow just finished. It's slow going up until episode 4, but then it's a non stop train that doesn't let up. It doesn't quite reach the old AD at it's peak, and there's a few dull spots here and there spattered throughout (all of the Rogan/Wiig scenes fell completely flat for me, and Debrie took up perhaps a little too much screen time), but in general it fits right at home with the old show after the initial hump. Just makes the wait for the now all too necessary movie that much more difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom