• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrested Development |OT| Season 4 - May 26 - Netflix Unmakes A Huge Mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mariolee

I might be insane but
Is it possible that Sally Sitwell and Tony Wonder are responsible for whatever happened to Lucille 2?

I think that's the red herring and that Michael hid the body. Sally going into power was just the icing on the cake. Plus, we know Tony Wonder probably didn't do it because he was with GOB the entire night.

The Boat

Loved it, the first three episodes aren't very good, but it picks up steam. Could have done without this new character centric format even if it plays out nicely at times. I do apreciate that they're taking risks and trying new things. It was nearly impossible to live up to the hype, so they did a great job.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
I feel like one main reason AD is so great is that it doesn't follow "the secret of all television: at the end of the episode, everything is back to normal." :p

Thus I think we need more hands cut off, more hair cut off, more murders (?), more gay stuff (!), etc

Divius

I was hoping Kitty would have a run in with the Ostrich if only to reference Archer.

tumblr_mgtfodlDeR1qi7deco1_250.gif
tumblr_mgtfodlDeR1qi7deco4_250.gif

dorkimoe

Am I crazy or does Portia go from looking like a totally different person to relatively normal in the later episodes?

THe entire first episode she was in, I didnt think it was her. I thought it was going to be some running gag with her character. Then when they show the preview of her cutting her hair she got hotter. But yeah she looks so weird

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I think that's the red herring and that Michael hid the body. Sally going into power was just the icing on the cake. Plus, we know Tony Wonder probably didn't do it because he was with GOB the entire night.

Michaels line in ep 1: "Then I fall down a flight of stairs, crack my head open. You feel terrible your entire life."

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Quote from businessman in sweat lodge: "Anyone else hear that iguana talk? Let's kill it."

Lindsay finds a dead iguana: "Who keeps killing all these iguanas?"

Mariolee

Did they ever go earlier than the kids being born in 1-3? I figured that was why. They were just much younger in these flashbacks.

Well, we see Lucille when Michael and Lindsay were kids and she was still played by Jessica Walters, and when we see GM as a kid the two parents are played by Kristen Wiig and Seth Rogen.

Quote from businessman in sweat lodge: "Anyone else hear that iguana talk? Let's kill it."

Lindsay finds a dead iguana: "Who keeps killing all these iguanas?"

Haha nice catch.

strobogo

Banned
Man I loved those awkward scenes between Tony and Gob.

Same.

Same!

Same

I can only imagine how many takes where one of them spit water out laughing during the double drink scene. I was dying at that and thought it had to take tons of takes to get it right.

What was the deal with that long shot of GOB listening to the message and then just staring into the mirror in the epilogue?

Crack open a Final Cut Pro User Manual much? It don't sound like ya do!

Michael couldn't have had anything to do with Lucille 2; after Cinco de Cuatro but before the roofie, he tells Gob that he's going to find a way to deal with her (first episode I think?) So he doesn't know she's missing, or I'm mis-remembering the scene.

Zeppu

The only thing I would really love to see edited in order is the full penthouse scene when the whole cast gathers.

What was the deal with that long shot of GOB listening to the message and then just staring into the mirror in the epilogue?

His mother woke him up telling him it was his time to rise as a director and to keep his nose clean, no scandals. At that point he probably had forgotten what had happened. It all came back to him when he got the voicemail. Also, it would've been fantastic if he had had some shaving foam on his nose.

Europe has surprisingly few sign flippers.

Yeah, that's just a reference to real estate places very commonly having sign flippers to point people to open houses and things.

We also very commonly have them for tax centers and sometimes bonds places as well. There's a chain called "Liberty Income Tax" and they always have a guy nearby dressed in a flimsy Statue of Liberty costume spinning a sign.

It's kind of depressing honestly.

Recon

Banned
Michael couldn't have had anything to do with Lucille 2; after Cinco de Cuatro but before the roofie, he tells Gob that he's going to find a way to deal with her (first episode I think?) So he doesn't know she's missing, or I'm mis-remembering the scene.

No, he said he lost control, and some other things.

His mother woke him up telling him it was his time to rise as a director and to keep his nose clean, no scandals. At that point he probably had forgotten what had happened. It all came back to him when he got the voicemail. Also, it would've been fantastic if he had had some shaving foam on his nose.

ohhhh

doyyyyyy

My apartment complex, which is actually very nice and not at all cheap or sketchy, uses one of those sign flippers on weekends.

It makes me cringe.

Slacker

So even though season 4 wasn't perfect, I can't wait for season 5. Time to buy up some Mike's Hard Lemonade and Pepsi to make it happen. Downloaded "Boomerang" by Lucy Schwartz this morning for good measure too. :p

So even though season 4 wasn't perfect, I can't wait for season 5. Time to buy up some Mike's Hard Lemonade and Pepsi to make it happen. Downloaded "Boomerang" by Lucy Schwartz this morning for good measure too. :p

Haha, yeah I thought the "Pepsi" for breakfast seemed kind of misplaced. The Mike's Hard Lemonade was funny as Mr. Beard had all of that leftover from the show.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I think George and Oscar got themselves confused. Oscar cries at the drop of a hat in ep 2, and thats what "George" complains about later on.

Either that, or Oscar had the same medical problem George is having now, and thats what caused their personality differences.

A really great and overlooked joke is gob running into Ann and falling on his ass, in the first gob ep.

Way to plant, Ann!

The super long pauses/narration with George-Michael might be the best part of the season to me people after the first watch.

lol, I think I'll be able to appreciate that a little more on my second watch. You know almost 45 seconds of nothing wouldn't have made it on the old show.

Zeppu

lol, I think I'll be able to appreciate that a little more on my second watch. You know almost 45 seconds of nothing wouldn't have made it on the old show.

That's the best part of having a series on Netflix. Since they're not bound by timeslots they can flesh out scenes like that no problem

Never took a minute to listen to the lyrics, they're great. I didn't notice them before since I was so shocked at what happened between the two at the end. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom