• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrested Development |OT| Season 4 - May 26 - Netflix Unmakes A Huge Mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can only imagine how many takes where one of them spit water out laughing during the double drink scene. I was dying at that and thought it had to take tons of takes to get it right.

Oh god, yes. Deleted Scenes/Gag reel will be so good. I loved the Gob and Tony Wonder parts. It's like they were discovering a new feeling they've never had before.......friendship.

Even though it's so broad, I've been laughing to myself about ANUSTART all day.

I wonder when during the great layoff that Mitch came up with this. They mentioned about putting things in an "Arrested" folder. Wonder if they noticed something like this. lol.

j-wood

I hate our stock market sometimes. Netflix shares dropped 5% because "critics haven't liked the new season"

I hope this doesn't kill any further AD plans :(

When I was watching Buster's episode and realized he was getting a
hand replacement
, I groaned and was ready for awkward/unfunny jokes. Somehow, they made it work.

Sometimes it was just the
prosthetic itself
that got me.

Overall, big fan of Season 4. I think it has some S3-esque lows, but it has a lot of S1/S2-esque highs and even does a few things that are brand new.

For me, S2>S1>S4>S3.

When I was watching Buster's episode and realized he was getting a
hand replacement
, I groaned and was ready for awkward/unfunny jokes. Somehow, they made wit work.

Sometimes it was just the
prosthetic itself
that got me.

"Blind Side Monster" follows similar expectation paths. It's a dumb joke but every time Love says it, I laughed.

GJS

I agree things like this happen. They can really oversell jokes as well, such as with Ann:
Michael and GOB continously call her different wrong names in the same scene and at the wedding it blatantly spelling "Her?" above where she stands.

Late reply but I don't really think it is oversold. The "Her?" joke has been ongoing since Ann's character was first introduced, and carried on in this season too. The acronym for her church being the same fit perfectly with it.

Anyone rewatch the Gothic Castle clip with Gob and George Michael to see if they can see Tony Wonder in the bean bag? lol I thought that was awesome.

Anyone else want to see maeby fuck over kitty? I was disappointed that didnt happen this season.

Methinks maeby will be on the way up before all is said and done. She was too good as the studio exec.

I think this season is incredible... from
Maeby's censored/uncensored cursing
to
Buster's disappointment at not getting the "cream pie" Lucille 2 tells him she wants.
sogood.gif

Theres a possibility it was never meant to be built in the first place, he just tricked George with it to make him try and build the wall first for some kind of larger plan to take down the Bluths

What it did was get the Bluths to invest the rest of their money into that Wall so they were broke pretty much the whole show. Still, I'd like to see it revisited and see it Stan had a separate plan for it, or if it was just a red herring to get the Bluths to go broke.

Anyone notice that "Mark Cherry" is the same name as the Desperate Housewives writer than Ann and George Michael were protesting in Season 2?

Episode 1 when Michael and George Michael are walking down the campus sidewalk, you can see the back of a camera and a boom Mic behind them as they're walking. Has it been made apparent what this was for, can't be coincidence...

I would choose a movie over an additional season if it means we get to see the main characters all in the same scene as opposed to talking over the phone.

I want a movie just to wrap up all these storylines just so we can go back to an all Bluth Season 5 when schedules clear up. They've all said they really loved doing this. They'll make the time.

I need to watch that episode now. So many Ostriches everywhere!

Season 2 flashback.

How did I miss this F word? haha

Also repost for new page

Episode 1 when Michael and George Michael are walking down the campus sidewalk, you can see the back of a camera and a boom Mic behind them as they're walking. Has it been made apparent what this was for, can't be coincidence...

One thing I didn't like was the lack of delineation between Oscar and George Bluth. They really felt like two completely different characters in S1-3, but I got them confused a few times this season.

I know some of that was meant to be intentional, but Oscar, to me, is a gentle-voiced, smiley stoner.

Anyone else notice there was a lot more sex, etc. this season? Did
Lindsay and Tobias ever actually cheat on each other in seasons 1-3?

ivysaur12

Banned
http://variety.com/2013/digital/news/arrested-development-draws-big-early-netflix-audience-1200488489/

“Arrested Development” isn’t just hype anymore.

Netflix is seeing strong early sampling for the series since launching all 15 of its episodes on Sunday, according to preliminary data from broadband technology firm Procera Networks.

Thirty-six percent of all devices connected to one unspecified DSL network tracked by Procera on Sunday were watching at least part of one episode of “Arrested Development”–three times the number of those watching “House of Cards” in February.

One unspecified cable broadband network saw traffic peak volumes for Netflix jump 10% on Sunday over the previous Sunday, with an 8% increase in the number of subscribers over the same time span. “Even though this was a holiday weekend, Arrested Development was a significant contributor to that traffic jump,” said Procera analyst Cam Cullen.

As expected, the binge viewers were out in force; data showed about 10% of viewers made it through all 15 episodes.

A range of 2-7% of total Netflix traffic on various networks were derived from “Arrested Development.” While that may seem tiny, weigh that range against the sheer volume of content on both Netflix and the Internet in general.

It’s not as simple as “Development” is a bigger draw than “Cards”; the latter series paved the way for the former, and “Arrested” brings in a much bigger built-in fan base given the cult following that has come in from its run on broadcast TV and DVD.

One downside for the popularity of the series: Episodes also popped up on file-sharing networks for illegal consumption.

Although TV industry execs have called on Netflix to release viewing stats for its bold foray into original series, the Los Gatos, Calif.-based company has its own justification for keeping those numbers data close to the vest. In Netflix’s view, providing ratings information would make little sense considering that the initial sampling levels so crucial to a premiere episode in traditional TV is meaningless to a company that measures the value of a series over the life of its run.

With Netflix sticking to its practice of not revealing ratings for its programming, Procera data is about as close as you can get to audience data. The company measures usage across the networks of five of the top 10 cable operators and three of the top 5 DSL operators in North America.

One thing I didn't like was the lack of delineation between Oscar and George Bluth. They really felt like two completely different characters in S1-3, but I got them confused a few times this season.

I know some of that was meant to be intentional, but Oscar, to me, is a gentle-voiced, smiley stoner.

Anyone else notice there was a lot more sex, etc. this season? Did
Lindsay and Tobias ever actually cheat on each other in seasons 1-3?

You pretty much had to remember that, for whatever reason (Be it the prophecy, or the Macca root), their personalities flipped.

There so much more they are getting away with now that they aren't on Fox

Gob on the Jesus portrait:
"For a second, I thought that was a real guy."

Ann on the expression "marry me!":
"Like many evangelicals, Ann took it literally"

I was wondering the same. I think it looked like a Bachlorette show or something. There was a girl in the center with a red rose with a bunch of male students surrounding her with white roses. Maybe thats referenced somewhere?

It seemed like a constant theme of season 1-3 was that a lot of people ALMOST had sex.

Hahaha yeah, I thought it was a funny "little" detail, as it was done so casually this season.

You pretty much had to remember that, for whatever reason (Be it the prophecy, or the Macca root), their personalities flipped.

Wasn't that part of the plot?

I must have missed that, my bad.

Maybe I just miss that hair.

Gob on the Jesus portrait:
"For a second, I thought that was a real guy."

I LOST it here.

There so much more they are getting away with now that they aren't on Fox

I was wondering the same. I think it looked like a Bachlorette show or something. There was a girl in the center with a red rose with a bunch of male students surrounding her with white roses. Maybe thats referenced somewhere?

I see what you did there ;)

Also yeah, it just seemed like something was going on, I wouldn't be surprised if that as brought back up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom