• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrested Development |OT| Season 4 - May 26 - Netflix Unmakes A Huge Mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where were they the first time?!

tumblr_mlj9wzmG5g1soo3kso1_400.gif

I was 10 9 when the show started

Did anyone else feel really bad for Maeby?

She didn't graduate high school?
Her parents treat her like dogshit.
I could go on but her episode to me was pretty depressing.

Also, the final scene when George Michael punches Michael. Great acting.
Damn, that really got me in the feels. (sorry for this lame phrase but that's how I feel).

Damn, that really got me in the feels. (sorry for this lame phrase but that's how I feel).

Michael and Maeby were the most tragic characters in the new series, agreed. I was pretty upset by the punch too, mad even at first. Then the song Boomerang, which added to the feels with the perfect lyrics.

I love Maeby.

I've always felt bad for her, but her dogged resourcefulness will always keep her one step ahead of catastrophe, I think.

Zebra

The whole season was "I feel really bad for [insert character here]."

And yeah, that final scene was great. Such a beautiful thematic through-line from Michael's relationship with his father, to George-Michael's relationship with his father.

CzarTim

Michael and Maeby were the most tragic characters in the new series, agreed. I was pretty upset by the punch too, mad even at first. Then the song Boomerang, which added to the feels with the perfect lyrics.

Michael deserved the punch. Not even the first time he's gone after a girl GM likes.

I couldn't believe Michael went back to Isla Fisher after he KNEW that she and his son were together.

How far he has fallen. Holy Shit.

Gob with the Rape pills, Buster with the Lucille doll, Lucille 2 dying maybe?
Was surprised with the directions the show went in.

I just finished, and it's still early, but I feel like this season would have worked better as a movie.

There were definitely some good laughs in here, but I think the show was perfect when almost every character was interacting with each other throughout each episode. The first time I watched the original 3 seasons I was laughing out loud at every other line per episode. Here, I can appreciate the show for its intelligence and the way it handles and connects each storyline, but it simply wasn't that funny for the most part.

Where were they the first time?!

also, Team 10% raise your hands high.

Been here since the first episode aired :D I actually had to get my family into it as they thought it was dumb at first.

And yeah, 10% I can't stop thinking about this show, so many fun little things to discover.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
#Team10%
#anewstart

George Michael did a partial chicken dance. BlockaBlockaBlocka

Oh yeah, and we've never seen his chicken dance!

I'm watching again and I feel like they named the Christian talk show just to troll the fans because they knew we'd have to try to remember how to actually say it lol

There so much more they are getting away with now that they aren't on Fox

Gob on the Jesus portrait:
"For a second, I thought that was a real guy."
That's the episode we just watched and that one sentence was the biggest laugh I've had so far along the Thanksgiving miracle.

This season is less "10 laughs a minute" but damn is the way it is built really impressive.

I cant be the only one on Michaels side with Rebel. George michael is such a retard and michael is still the guy tryibg to do the right thing while unwittingly becoming more like his family with every decision. He did have her first :p truthfully, michael is 45ish and george michael is 20 something, girls like that dont come along every day for 40 something guys and im sure he was still feeling sore for the whole dorm situation, and hes always been selfish, like "why not me? I deserve this for putting up with all this shit and keeping everyone afloat"

Goldrush

The show is still making me laughs days after binging through it. Bored at work and I just randomly made the connection regarding the joke of Barry and the stepladder.

Rewatching Gob Episode 1. When he's hiding in the Rock when Michael walks in, Michael kicks it over and he goes "JESUS CHRIST" still as funny as the first time.

I cant be the only one on Michaels side with Rebel. George michael is such a retard and michael is still the guy tryibg to do the right thing while unwittingly becoming more like his family with every decision. He did have her first :p truthfully, michael is 45ish and george michael is 20 something, girls like that dont come along every day for 40 something guys and im sure he was still feeling sore for the whole dorm situation, and hes always been selfish, like "why not me? I deserve this for putting up with all this shit and keeping everyone afloat"

The fact that she's fall for someone like George Michael was highly unbelievable in the first place.

I guess people just believe, hey, you know your son likes her, so just walk away, don't alienate your son.

Although I still really hated the punch.

Slacker

I'm with you. I'm not sure how old "Rebel Alley" is but the actress playing her is 37, much closed to Michael's 40-somethingish than George Maharis's 23ish. Of course you could also say Michael shouldn't be looking for Tracey 2.0 in a flighty wannabe actress. Her personality is better suited to George Michael. Michael definitely didn't deserve the punch, however.

The fact that she's fall for someone like George Michael was highly unbelievable in the first place.

I guess people just believe, hey, you know your son likes her, so just walk away, don't alienate your son.

Although I still really hated the punch.
She didnt like george michael, she liked george maharis

The punch was perfect because it was a call back of sorts to GM punching Gob over anne.

I think it was really coming to a head though, because Michael was trying to be sensitive to GM with the movie and didnt want to harm the relationship, until it came down to him personally, when he didnt give a shit.

To add a bit more, Michael, is the guy who is reluctantly keeping his family together and taking care of everyone, even though he hates it. George michael is in a similar situation, when he was younger he had a different perspective, thinking "my familys crazy but they arent so bad, dad" now he feels the same way about his father as michael felt about the rest of the bluths. Truly "twins" :lol

stktt

Banned
One of my favorite sight gags is Ann quietly nibbling on some food while the rest of the family is arguing in the penthouse.

On rewatch in one of the first couple episodes, Michael says when he was going into the Bluth apartment and is very quickly passed by a redhead (Lindsay), "Gentleman, start your engines". Turns out to be the same thing GM says about Lindsay when he sees her at the gala.

Okay. wow. I found some foreshadowing about the ending in one of the early episodes

When Michael is getting Andy Richter to jump on board for his movie there is this:

Andy: So they're finally making a movie about that, huh?
Michael: Theres more to it than that...Its about a young man trying to get out from under his domineering Father, while dealing with the slow death of his wife.

Obviously later we learn the movie was supposed to be about Michael and GM, not Michael and George...which is exactly what this entire season up to that ending leads up to (metaphorically).

The show is still making me laughs days after binging through it. Bored at work and I just randomly made the connection regarding the joke of Barry and the stepladder.

LOL fuuuck.

That's a low blow, Loblaw!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom