• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrested Development |OT| Season 4 - May 26 - Netflix Unmakes A Huge Mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Buster's was hilariously and uncomfortably creepy, even for that character.

The giant hand was the funniest thing I've ever seen. When he broke the TV remote I almost shat myself from laughter.

It didn't seem funny to me, but sad and pretty disturbing.

I think that's the point, that's what this season does. This family need each other. Even Maeby, the least insane one, who could have gone off to have a life of her own, tried to gets her parents to notice her by staying in high school for an extra 5 years.

They have all forgotten the 'family first' rule. Hopefully the next season will see the glorious reunification of the Bluth family.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
When he sent Herbert Loves kid flying, I almost pissed myself. The drone pilot part as well oh man.

When he went all BUSTER-SMASH on Herbert Love as well. Buster having a giant superpowered hand is just an amazing idea.

Proven

Finished it.

Had a shaky start, but I appreciated how it tried to continue the story without just being "Hey guys, remember this joke?"

Then the episodes got way better, but the callbacks got way worse. Audibly groaned when Annyong appeared. Gob reading the contract going "bla bla bla" was fine, but Loblaw's earlier appearance before that seemed to just be there for the sake of being there.

AD is better than that.

But I was honestly curious about Annyong, especially after Perfecto got a more relevant role.

ivysaur12

Banned
So, who killed Lucille? My money's on Sally Sitwell.

Also, what was the reference to her secret with the caterpillars in the bed when she was with Tony Wonder? The narrator even pointed to her hiding something, but I was never sure what it was.

Sullichin

Also, what was the reference to her secret with the caterpillars in the bed when she was with Tony Wonder? The narrator even pointed to her hiding something, but I was never sure what it was.
She has alopecia.

lenni

She's an alpaca!

I finished yesterday and am waiting for a few days to watch again. It seems the first few episodes, though they weren't as good, would likely become better during a second viewing.

deleted

I'm looking forward to Buster's giant Fingerprints.

I think that's the point, that's what this season does. This family need each other. Even Maeby, the least insane one, who could have gone off to have a life of her own, tried to gets her parents to notice her by staying in high school for an extra 5 years.

They have all forgotten the 'family first' rule. Hopefully the next season will see the glorious reunification of the Bluth family.

Let's hope so. Even Michael did some pretty disturbing things this season.

BTW: Do we know, who the guy painting the sign on last or second to last episode is? He was pretty prominent in the shot and I'm thinking either George Sr. or Oscar.
Edit: Wasn't in the last two episodes, but once I find it, I'll post a screenshot.

I usually don't agree with Netflix releasing all the episodes of its shows at once, but man did they do the right thing with Arrested Development. Could you guys imagine the shitstorm that would happen if they only released Episode 1 this week?

Divius

I usually don't agree with Netflix releasing all the episodes of its shows at once, but man did they do the right thing with Arrested Development. Could you guys imagine the shitstorm that would happen if they only released Episode 1 this week?
People would stop watching during those first 3 episodes

tirminyl

You know, it didn't really hit me until just now but it has only been a week since it was released but I couldn't imagine just now watching episode 2 tonight or something. Definitely like the way they release episodes as I was able to move at my own place and finish out the season.

Going in for a second rewatch!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4RKeZJpw1c

Yes, that's what's going to happen to your hair Steve

I love the Gothic sounding version of Final Countdown played during that. haha.

As the other have said, yeah, you can see her Eyebrow fall off if you look closely, pretty funny.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
Dear god the first episode was awful. Good thing the series got much better after that. I just felt like it needed much more buster.

Dear god the first episode was awful. Good thing the series got much better after that. I just felt like it needed much more buster.

I was kinda depressed after watching Michael 1 at 3:30 am on the first day. That episode gets better after you watch it again, especially with the knowledge of the MaHarris joke.

Also yes, we all need more Buster in our lives.

AlexMogil

I don't know if this has been mentioned before but the house the George Michael bought is the reverse of the Bluth model home, except it actually *is* the Bluth model home with the image reversed in post processing. One of the giveaways is that George Michael's, Michael's, and Rebel's shirt buttons reverse position between being outside the home and inside the home but the big one was a giveaway the producers gave as a hint.

When the sex offenders give George Michael his hat, he walks backwards, sits at the piano, and leans his arm against the bottom keys of the piano. But it plays notes from the *top* of the piano, giving away that the scene was shot in reverse. Also when Michael leaves the house George Michael says "This is all backwards." Meaning the situation... and the set.

So the Twister sets, the hat, and even Michael Bluth's hair was reversed during shooting to pull this off.

Neat. I'm sure some blogs pointed this out, but it was fun to figure it out as it went along.

I was kinda depressed after watching Michael 1 at 3:30 am on the first day. That episode gets better after you watch it again, especially with the knowledge of the MaHarris joke.

Also yes, we all need more Buster in our lives.

I was "what the fuck did I just watch" seeing that episode the first time, but on the rewatch actually liked it quite a bit, episode 2 and 3 on the other hand...

numble

They never explain why Michael is wearing the Banana Stand uniform when he goes home after Cinco. I bet the "blood stains" on his uniform are actually chocolate stains.

They never explain why Michael is wearing the Banana Stand uniform when he goes home after Cinco. I bet the "blood stains" on his uniform are actually chocolate stains.

Yeah, we all seem to think it's a clue about what happens in Season 5/Movie

Minority opinion: I wish Rita was in the season in some capacity. Mr. F was one of my favorite parts of S1-3.

I know many weren't crazy about the Rita arc, but I loved it too. Charlize is gorgeous. Also, Michael getting hit by the Poppins was always funny.

Slacker

Minority opinion: I wish Rita was in the season in some capacity. Mr. F was one of my favorite parts of S1-3.

I loved every second of the Rita story line. It's especially funny watching the second time through knowing what's going on. And of course, Charlize. ;)

A "merkin" lol. I remember when I was in like high school and somebody found out about that word

LOL Always nice to learn something new everyday.

Don't something merkin if you are at work btw.

Soo. .

What's with the ostriches??

It gets pretty deep.

Also, I dunno how I missed this or if I forgot, but there was an Ostrich at the premiere party.
H8RXdGP.jpg

JohnsonUT

Just finished watching and am going to catch up on the hundreds of jokes I probably missed. But upon glancing through this thread, where are all the gifs?

Same here. I see people all the time not liking that story arc but I love everything about that arc. Plus, it has the funniest end to the arc of all the stories. And one of the best uses of "On the next AD...".

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Same here. I see people all the time not liking that story arc but I love everything about that arc. Plus, it has the funniest end to the arc of all the stories. And one of the best uses of "On the next AD...".

"...It's one of my ILLUSIONS!"

Definitely agree, it's one of the best "On the next," it's one of the best trick/illusion jokes, it has a great flaming Tobias unable to get in the pool, it explains where his hair went (right?), the parallel to his wedding that he tried to avoid, such a great one

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
One of my favorite lines of the season was:

"...put all of your annes in a basket"

It caught me off guard and got a laugh out of me. All of the "Egg", "Her?", "H-E-R", "Anne", and "Who?" bits just never failed.

I liked being able to watch an all new season, and my God Isla Fisher is gorgeous (SBC you lucky fuck!)...but was it just me or were Tobias' episodes awful (especially the second one)?

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
George Michael and Maebys episodes are brilliant, simply because we get to know them more. In the original series they always took a back seat to the other characters which means IMO they never got thier share of the jokes. Definatly the best eps of this series easily. Busters episode was also very well written.

Absolutely agree.

Salsa

Finished it, wanted to pace myself.

I honestly loved it, but at the same time for different reasons than I loved the previous 3 (and specially the first 2)

What I mean by this is that I was just as engaged by the laughs as I was at catching little moments that would get explained and interconnected in the following eps. I think it was pretty brilliant in that sense.

Thing is as others have probably said that the cast is best as an ensemble and the individual eps just dont lend themselves to AD at it's best, for the most part.

But as a build-up thing and as a story showing throughout the different characters I think it succeeded and was really great for it.

As far as catching the same lighting AD did, I think the Gob and George Michael episodes were actually the best.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
The second Tobias episode was probably my facorite one of the bunch, but then I really lived the whole Fantastic Four subplot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom