• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow/Flash Superhero Team-Up Spinoff In Works At CW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amir0x

Banned
You shut your mouth before someone reads this.

What? Preacher is getting destroyed by AMC. You think AMC can scrub that comic book clean and still have a good book? lol Fuck that shit. Call it a grave now Siegcram, makes the pain less later.

Transmetropolitan would be amazing on HBO, what's wrong with you brudduh!

Lots of Themysciraian lesbian sex and lots of violet sword play against mythological creatures and people who still dress like the Greek empire is still rockin' it.

ugh now I'm imagining Starz picking it up and having lots of 300-style slow motion green screen sex ala Spartacus *shutter*

shink

Caity Lotz/Sara again?

2JpOeSb.gif

Fuck that noise. Bring in Vixen or Zatanna.

Boooo you. Caity was fantastic on Arrow.

ZeroX03

Banned
Citizen Cold!

I knew something like this would happen if they wanted another spin-off. I was fairly certain that neither The Atom or Firestorm would get solo spin-offs because of how much character development was already given to them in their respective shows. But a team-up show makes perfect sense.

Siegcram

What? Preacher is getting destroyed by AMC. You think AMC can scrub that comic book clean and still have a good book? lol Fuck that shit. Call it a grave now Siegcram, makes the pain less later.

Transmetropolitan would be amazing on HBO, what's wrong with you brudduh!
Oh, I know Preacher is gonna be a train wreck alright.

But I don't want Transmet anywhere near TV, not even HBO. I just had a convo with BobbyRoberts about this and somewhat calmed down, now you bring it back up.

ZeroX03

Banned
Additionally, in a tidbit that should get fans fired up, I have learned the new project will include three major DC Comics characters who have never appeared in a TV series.

No Hawk family :(

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
So...

Tuesday - The Flash
Wednesday - Arrow
Thursday - This new show

Yes, give it to me.

Amir0x

Banned
Oh, I know Preacher is gonna be a train wreck alright.

But I don't want Transmet anywhere near TV, not even HBO. I just had a convo with BobbyRoberts about this and somewhat calmed down, now you bring it back up.

Why bro! It'd be great with the right talent behind it. They'd have to carefully curate that talent, but I think it's possible. I've thought about it since the moment I finished the series and it instantly became one of my all time favorites.

But I think only HBO could do it. Only they'd give it the proper budget, only they have the special effects teams in place for quality tv effects, only they can assemble a serious talent of award-winning actors/actresses and writers and all importantly director. Some channels can do some of these or many of these, but only HBO can pull all of these necessities together for what would clearly be a semi-ambitious show.

ZeroX03

Banned
Upon second thought, I don't want one of the Rogues leaving The Flash permanently.

A mid-season show with a smaller episode count ala Agent Carter would be fantastic though.

Penguin

When they say never apeared on a TV series, I'm gonna assume they mean Flash/Arrow and not like DC shows in general because the animated series cover a VAST amount of their universe

ZeroX03

Banned
No Robbie Amell is curious.

When they say never apeared on a TV series, I'm gonna assume they mean Flash/Arrow and not like DC shows in general because the animated series cover a VAST amount of their universe

TV Line is assuming the qualifier is "live action" show.

Tuck

Man this superhero craze is like a virus, slowing spreading its tentacles over every inch of free media space. Is Amazon doing superhero shows yet? I'm surprised HBO hasn't done a big tentpole superhero show for mature audiences.

Though I agree with you to a certain extent... Arrow (and The Flash, though slightly less so) are both really great.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
The lack of Robbie Amell could mean they might go for a Jason Rusch combo. They did introduce the character on the Flash. Though Stein/Rusch Firestorm hasn't been a thing, I think.

Hopefully one of the new characters is the Question. Character is due.

Amir0x

Banned
Though I agree with you to a certain extent... Arrow (and The Flash, though slightly less so) are both really great.

Oh, I wasn't implying it was bad in my comment (haha, I guess 'virus' is negative... but just first 'fastly spreading' thing that came to mind lol). I just continue to be shocked at how many comic book things are in the worlds. Like a gazillion Netflix shows, ABC, CW, CBS and movie domination... I'm just amazed we went from me shuddering every time a comic book movie was announced in the 90s to thinking that each new comic book media content has at least a decent chance of being good since 2005+.

ZeroX03

Banned
The lack of Robbie Amell could mean they might go for a Jason Rusch combo. They did introduce the character on the Flash. Though Stein/Rusch Firestorm hasn't been a thing, I think.

Not sure if Rusch/Stein would be an interesting combo. I can't see the Rusch actor really being a lead either, would he be the voice?. Robbie Amell is good enough for a CW superhero show, I'm hoping this is just a contractual thing and his involvement will be announced later.

maxcriden

Not sure if Rusch/Stein would be an interesting combo. I can't see the Rusch actor really being a lead either, would he be the voice?. Robbie Amell is good enough for a CW superhero show, I'm hoping this is just a contractual thing and his involvement will be announced later.

Not only is Robbie Amell good enough for a CW superhero show, he's already starred in one. :)

Penguin

Shouldn't they get Arrow back on track before starting new projects?

Arrow has stayed the course.

Whatever people may think of the season has been CW's consistent number 2 series all year.

Also, someone noted that maybe Sara is alive due to... of Barry's time-traveling hijinxs? :O
(not a spoiler since he hasn't time traveled but if you read comics...)

Rusch/Stein was Rusch's starting combo. Then they realized no one cared about Stein, brought Ronnie back, and put Rusch in the Stein position.

That's how the comics have largely left it.

it's time to let her go

R4hux.gif

JDSN

Banned
They should use this one as escape valve to to dump all the trash from both shows like Brandon Routh, Huntress, Michael Jay White, Sarah, Lesser Amell and Huntress again to create a singularity of shit.

A rotating fifth would be cool every season, to mix things up.

I want to see:

Dr. Fate
Beastboy
Mary Marvel
Zatanna
Constantine
Superboy
Martian Manhunter

off the top of my head

Shaanyboi

Banned
I'm into this. JSA? Get Wildcat in there. Get Dr. Fate. And for the love of god, put Supergirl in the same universe.

thank god atom/firestorm arent getting a spinoff just to themselves, this seems like the best and frankly, cooler outcome

SARA

GIVE US VIXEN AND BLACKBAT THX

OOOO YES

Man this superhero craze is like a virus, slowing spreading its tentacles over every inch of free media space. Is Amazon doing superhero shows yet? I'm surprised HBO hasn't done a big tentpole superhero show for mature audiences.

I'm sure everyone is hoping for an HBO Punisher series, or maybe they can do something dark like Midnight Sons or something with Blade and Ghost Rider. or all of the above.

So if the quality of Arrow suffered after The Flash launched does that mean that the flash will become complete garbage after this gets the go ahead?

Don't forget that the same production house that is struggling with Arrow while producing The Flash is also making Supergirl for CBS.

This would be their 4th show possibly all in the same "arrow"verse.

I'm not feeling this. Not sure where they would even fit this with the CW's crowded lineup. They must really have it out for The Messengers.

Lots of Themysciraian lesbian sex and lots of violet sword play against mythological creatures and people who still dress like the Greek empire is still rockin' it.
ugh now I'm imagining Starz picking it up and having lots of 300-style slow motion green screen sex ala Spartacus *shutter*

I was thinking the same thing. Spartacus with almost all women and lots of CG Creatures/Monsters getting slayed (and laid?).... that actually doesn't sound that bad.

anaron

They should use this one as escape valve to to dump all the trash from both shows like Brandon Routh, Huntress, Michael Jay White, Sarah, Lesser Amell and Huntress again to create a singularity of shit.
I'm assuming lesser Amell is Stephen cuz Robbie is the far better one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom