• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow/Flash Superhero Team-Up Spinoff In Works At CW

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I personally don't like either of the sisters, I find both actresses very annoying. Roy is another one I could live without.

Blader

That's a weird line-up and I'm not sure how they could bring her back in a way that's not totally dumb, but whatever, I'm down for Sara: The Show.

JDSN

Banned
I'm assuming lesser Amell is Stephen cuz Robbie is the far better one

There is no "better" when it comes to the Amells, but
my first exposure to him was Firestorm and watching him playing him a character with a dual personality was bad, he did seem more conformable later on. But then again Stephen is still playing two very characters and he sucked at it first,
that level of acting does not run in the family.

Effect

They're playing different characters but I always liked Robbie Amell's performances (not just on Flash but The Tomorrow People as well) more then Stephan Amell's. Something about his performances felt better.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Caity Lotz/Sara again?

2JpOeSb.gif

Yeah, she was fucking awful on Arrow. I hope they dump her before this begins production.

I'm wondering if all of these characters are supposed to be regulars, or just in the pilot? I could see Sarah appearing in some form of flashbacks to set things in motion, and perhaps Captain Cold as part of a version of the Legion of Doom.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
I'm wondering if all of these characters are supposed to be regulars, or just in the pilot? I could see Sarah appearing in some form of flashbacks to set things in motion, and perhaps Captain Cold as part of a version of the Legion of Doom.

It can go either way with Captain Cold. He is in the Justice League now.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I'm very excited for this.

Sara, meh, she's better than Laurel and it may be a new character? Who knows.

Weird Stein is in without Raymond?

Also, I love Cpt Cold.

Tabby

So...

Tuesday - The Flash
Wednesday - Arrow
Thursday - This new show

Yes, give it to me.
Don't forget Gotham Monday and that's not even including all the Marvel shows!
Then we have Supergirl, Titans, Daredevil, Krypton. Oh man I can't handle this.

Effect

Possible Amell's contract isn't done or he might be weighing his options since the recent movie he was in might have done okay and maybe he's thinking he might be able to push more in that direction. Guest staring is different from being a series regular. Would certain take up more of his time.

Neoxon

Are they gonna make Sara the Red Hood of the Arrowverse or something?

I'm curious about this project, though.

Wag

How do they work in Dr. Stein without Ronnie Raymond? I guess we won't be seeing Firestorm make an appearance.

I guess Sara is going for a dip in the Lazarus Pit.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
With Lotz being cast in this, I have a feeling this whole thing is going to be a Brave and the Bold type of show. Each episode featuring a different hero/villain with the occasional team up. This could explain why Lotz is in it as they could have whole episodes of her time training with the League and dealing with Ra's and Nyssa. I mean, we have like 5 years of time where we haven't seen exactly what she was doing or who she was with.

Pollux

So basically Palmer's show? There's no way that he's staying on Arrow for the extended future.......right?

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
And can someone explain to me why The Atom is flying and not shrinking? And why is this not bothering anyone else???? When has The Atom ever had a flying suit? His name is THE ATOM!!

And can someone explain to me why The Atom is flying and not shrinking? And why is this not bothering anyone else???? When has The Atom ever had a flying suit? His name is THE ATOM!!

He talked about shrinking stuff in an earlier episode. I imagine theyre saving it for his own series or a bit later

I keep explaining to people that these shows are adaptations. Things will change.

It bothered me for a hot second and then I moved on. If it works, I won't care that he's basically Iron Man. I mean, Oliver is basically Batman.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
He talked about shrinking stuff in an earlier episode. I imagine theyre saving it for his own series or a bit later
Oh, I guess missed that line then. Good to know. Makes sense since flying is vastly easier than doing the shrinking FX on a TV budget.

Diggle staring in
Dig: hero with no mask

Edit:
team IT: kaitlin, felicity and Sisco
Talk about man crashes on their hero and silly nicknames

Well mid-season so assume similar to iZombie's debut?
The CW is returning every single show this season, even Beauty and the Beast for God's sake.

I just don't like the feel of this. I was hoping the next series would bring something different to this Universe. Flash brought a unique vibe and tone. Not to mention how far down in quality Arrow has gone this season. This is just your parents telling you to use your week's leftovers and fend for yourself for dinner....

Joni

This is the strangest thing ever. AWESOME! I have been a huge Caity Lotz fan, so can't wait to see more of her. The others aren't that unexpected.

Mario007

Could it be Justice League of America or Justice Society of America or however is that group called that Waller assembles as her unit as opposed to the original justice league. Basically B-tier heroes.

DeathyBoy

Banned
Figured this was coming when Wentworth Miller was front and stage at that Flash/Arrow panel thingy.

Chances are they realised that:

a) He's awesome as Captain Cold
and
b) They might lose him if they keep him as a guest star.

So they snap him up here as a 'regular' and can have him hop over to Flash when they see fit. And given Geoff Johns currently has him as a member of the Justice League, I'm guessing The Atom pulls a 'you're smart, Snart. Smart enough to save the world?' power play on him. I mean just look at how Ray's 50 Shades of Grey'd Felicity with lies about being a widow...

Dude is a master manipulator.

Gambit

Sounds like a great idea to consolidate all the side-characters too big for bit parts in Arrow and Flash.

Victor Garber is wasted as one-off guest star, and Brandon Routh is simply more leading man material than either Amell has ever been. (I do think Robbie will join the show)
So Palmer and Dr. Stein can be sciency together and make fun of Ronnie, before Stein reluctantly has to fuse with Ronnie with his eyes still lingering on Palmer, mouthing "I wanted to be in you instead". Slash fiction or spoiler?

Bringing Sara over would also be a good idea. I like her a lot and Laurel can stay Canary, which the comics say has to happen. However, eventually they'll have to stop killing Sara off only to bring her back. I do hope she'll take on a new superhero identity though. Batwoman?

Anyway, if this is half decent and Arrow hasn't recovered by then, I will simply drop it.

Wiktor

I was hoping for somebody new. Azarael, Booster Gold, Zatanna or Timothy Hunter. Or at least Suicide Squad show. I don;t think any of those people people from Arrow and Flash are strong enough to carry a show. But I guess that's what those "3 new DC characters" are for.

Pachimari

Wait Sara isn't dead?
I haven't seen the latest episode..

I also can't be excited about this new show yet. I'm not sure I understand it. Having the rogues starring in their own show is the idea I guess.

anaron

There is no "better" when it comes to the Amells, but
my first exposure to him was Firestorm and watching him playing him a character with a dual personality was bad, he did seem more conformable later on. But then again Stephen is still playing two very characters and he sucked at it first,
that level of acting does not run in the family.

robbie won me over tons in The Duff

Wait Sara isn't dead?
I haven't seen the latest episode..

I also can't be excited about this new show yet. I'm not sure I understand it. Having the rogues starring in their own show is the idea I guess.

She's dead and buried. If they do bring her back, it's going to be through the Lazarus pit and if they have the lazarus pit, it removes any kind of tension from both Arrow and Flash.

Even if those brought back are changed, it won't be a permanent thing, we all know this as an evil Canary isn't something they'll run with for more than a few episodes before the power of love saves her from the dark side.

Chest hair and LOL Laurel will bring her back from the brink.

Kouichi

Oh my goodness, I adored Firestorm in the last Flash episode and I'm already expecting great things from Routh Atom. I am so down for this.

Gimme Suicide Squad too please!

robbie won me over tons in The Duff

I heard he's pretty decent in that, hilarious how he made it to a Hollywood film before his cousin

But I think stephen amell has improved since season 1. He's still not a great actor but he's convincingly the more commanding presence now

MrChom

They should use this one as escape valve to to dump all the trash from both shows like Brandon Routh, Huntress, Michael Jay White, Sarah, Lesser Amell and Huntress again to create a singularity of shit.

Oh come on, I've already used up my allowance for the J Jonah Jameson laughing gif today!

Brandon Routh has been great this season on Arrow, and Caity Lotz was a good Canary too. Amell's done his role as well as he needed to, Bronze Tiger was okay...

Huntress was a little weak, though, sure. I'm not sure why that didn't work as well as it should. There's a character with a lot of potential in there but for whatever reason it just never worked out. Maybe they'll have another crack at it in a later episode.

Joni

Huntress redeemed herself last year with the Canary versus Huntress episode. It is time to bring her back.

No it doesn't. Just destroy it afterward.

That would be awfully lazy story telling. Why would they destroy something that can bring people back to life? Even after they've spent months in the ground?

Even if it does bring them back different, there's still no no reason to destroy that would make sense unless it really fucks a person up and turns them into mutants or meta humans.

kmfdmpig

Why bro! It'd be great with the right talent behind it. They'd have to carefully curate that talent, but I think it's possible. I've thought about it since the moment I finished the series and it instantly became one of my all time favorites.

But I think only HBO could do it. Only they'd give it the proper budget, only they have the special effects teams in place for quality tv effects, only they can assemble a serious talent of award-winning actors/actresses and writers and all importantly director. Some channels can do some of these or many of these, but only HBO can pull all of these necessities together for what would clearly be a semi-ambitious show.

Transmet would be really hard to pull off, but if they had the right people it could be amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom