• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow S5 |OT| You thought you were out, but Manu Bennett pulls you back in.

Makonero

What a wonderful surprise this episode was. Interesting flashbacks! Callbacks to season 1! Ollie using his mayor powers and green arrow skills in concert! A new team being formed! A cool villain who Ollie literally calls stupid to his face! Ollie grappling onto a helicopter! A parachute arrow!

This was just a fun episode all around. I'm excited to see where this season goes.

If I remember right Oliver still offed a couple of people in S2

Just the Count. Season 2 was the best season. The real difference between season 2 and the later seasons was that Laurel and Thea got the garbage writing, and they were still secondary characters at the time. Also, great villain and sidekick, better action. The killing has little to do with it.

bam bam doing work, good episode
rejoice.png

Wvrs

I've been a fan of Arrow since it began but had to give up halfway through last season, it was just painful and frustrating seeing the show I once looked forward to every week slip so far.

Reading the impressions of the new episode in this thread is making me happy, going to watch it when I get home later. I so want Arrow to be good again.

I think having a new team going to be interesting .
Both seeing how they start and who going to be left by the end of the season .

Rag Man's casting stated that he would be a survivor of Havenrock, so he's probably out when he finds out that Felicity's the one who nuked his town.

Who knows how long Wild Dog and Artemis will last.

By the end of the season, it will probably be down to Mr. Terrific and Black Siren.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
It'd be neat if Felicity tried repurposing Brother Eye for good, but with less than stellar results.

Basically copy and paste that subplot from the Dark Knight but it doesn't work out neatly.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Do we know what role Dolph is playing? He just posted this on FB.

14615617_1257281407636572_3649455001790420759_o.jpg

No idea. I just assumed he would be playing Kovar, the dude Oliver is trying to hunt down in Russia.

Ragnaroz

So, unless I'm very wrong, the masked guy in the end was Komodo, the real one, hopefully. Cool, ought to be a good season then.

Platy

i hate wild dog, that poor man's casey jones, in the comics ... was happy that he got an arrow on this episode =D

Alright so if I can skip S4 I'd highly prefer it so:

What do I need to know plot wise
What silly shit happens
How is Felicity walking

What do I need to know plot wise: Diggle joined the army. Thea doesn't want to fight no' mo'.
What silly shit happens: A secret city built underground. A flashback plot that had no purpose.
How is Felicity walking: Robo stuff

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Alright so if I can skip S4 I'd highly prefer it so:

What do I need to know plot wise
What silly shit happens
How is Felicity walking

Darhk's plan was to control nuclear devices and set them off. He had an elaborate bunker setup for the rich and influential to survive underground.

Team Arrow stopped almost all of the devices except for 1. It went off and thousands of people died. Felicity might feel a little guilty about it.

Darhk murdered Laurel. Oliver murdered Darhk back. Oh, and Oliver is mayor now.

Felicity has some computer mumbo jumbo device in her spine that allows her to walk...it's fucking stupid but whatever.

Felicity decided that she would stay on Team Arrow but her and Oliver can't be together. Thea wants to be normal after all the killing she did. And Diggle decided to join the army again and is overseas.

GulAtiCa

Should probably mention why Diggle decided to join the Army again, was after being forced to finally kill his own brother.

At least watch the I think mid season finale just for the scene with felicity magically being able walk. It something to behold
That wasn't the mid-season finale. That was the dumb episode before the "why is there a huge 1 month break" in like March thing.

The mid-season finale was where Dhark had Oliver's Limo shot up.

Should probably mention why Diggle decided to join the Army again, was after being forced to finally kill his own brother.

That wasn't the mid-season finale. That was the dumb episode before the "why is there a huge 1 month break" in like March thing.

The mid-season finale was where Dhark had Oliver's Limo shot up.

Right yes. Thanks for clearing that up

Oh and Oliver gives Felicity the codename "Overwatch". Oliver says "I was going to go with Oracle but it was taken already".

Oh oh and the guy who has only had two jobs, a failed nighclub owner and a CEO who ran his company into the ground, is declared mayor.

Grizzlyjin

Oh yeah!

Diggle's brother (who he thought was dead) was working for Darhk. They tried to bring him back but Diggle had to put him down for the good of everyone.

Thea had a boyfriend. He died and nobody noticed. Anarky is still obsessed with her but he's sorta awesome now. He showed up at the end of the season out of nowhere and just fucked up everybody's plans. Team Arrow hated him, Darhk hated him, it waa glorious.

Laurel is dead and shipped Ollicity with her last dying breath
Curtis cures paralysis

Laurel is coming back to life in episode 100, so hopefully with Geoff Johns taking over he went and read Guggie the riot act to not fuck up Black Cannary anymore to appease a small but aggressively loud minority of shippers on Tumblr that don't care about the story , only the ability to live vicariously through Felicity.

CorwinB

Oh but it felt like eternity

The really best (as in, worst) part of the wheelchair story arc was Felicity regaining the ability to use her feet just in time to walk out on Oliver (can't explain to you why, this is the only keyboard I've left and I don't want to end this chewing it). That was some awe-inspiring organic writing there.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Oh oh and the guy who has only had two jobs, a failed nighclub owner and a CEO who ran his company into the ground, is declared mayor.

I mean, we say this with derision, but Donald Trump is one of 2 choices for President of the United States right now.

Top Bottom