• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow S5 |OT| You thought you were out, but Manu Bennett pulls you back in.

ZeroX03

Banned
Lol @ vigilante shooting the truck...everyone turns around...he's gone and they don't even bother chasing him lol

Like he had a split second to disappear and he could have gotten like 5 feet away at best lol

I get the whole disappearing thing is a common superhero trope but they could have done that scene better

To be fair Arrow is the only show where that trope can even slightly make sense. It's far more egregious on shows like Flash or Supergirl when a human outruns a meta.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Some of the CW shows do it nearly every episode. Get knocked down, bad guy escapes, cut to commercial. I let it slide with Arrow because everybody is like a ninja. It makes no sense with superspeed or flight. Like...you're just going to give up like that? They're probably down the street, at best.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Shame no Olicity, though.

26638864391_09de12e135_o.gif

The description for Arrow 100 sounds a LOT like the
"Perchance to Dream"
episode of Batman: The Animated Series where
Bruce Wayne wakes up in a "perfect life" where he's engaged to Selina Kyle and someone else is Batman.

http://www.toon.is/batman-tas-1x30-perchance-to-dream-video_1a8d03d58.html

Also sounds a lot like
"For The Man Who Has Everything,"
which was done on both
JLU and Supergirl.

I figured he would be back, but here's another Arrow #100 photo.

And the press photos.

Oh Flash photos show
Speedy
is back too.
Do people who've been Alchemied come out of their husks in their Flashpoint clothes? That would explain both one of these shots and where Clariss got his Rival suit

ZeroX03

Banned
Do people who've been Alchemied come out of their husks in their Flashpoint clothes? That would explain both one of these shots and where Clariss got his Rival suit

You can actually see Wally is wearing his Kid Flash outfit in his frozen prism state.

What shot are you talking about though?

ZeroX03

Banned
The synopsis for the mid-season finale dropped yesterday, missed it. Sounds intense.

#5.09 "What We Leave Behind"
PROMETHEUS MAKES A DEADLY MOVE AGAINST OLIVER AND THE TEAM — After Prometheus attacks Curtis (Echo Kellum), Oliver (Stephen Amell) realizes Prometheus knows all of Team Arrow’s secret identities and is planning to come for them one by one. Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) and Detective Malone (guest star Tyler Ritter) discover a clue that links Prometheus to Oliver’s past. Antonio Negret directed the episode written by Wendy Mericle & Beth Schwartz (AR509). Original airdate 12/7/2016.

Oh and wow, I had no idea the Justified vet in the flashbacks was playing Sabbac. I assume it's like Lyla, where she's just got the name and isn't actually Harbinger.

You can actually see Wally is wearing his Kid Flash outfit in his frozen prism state.

What shot are you talking about though?
I though the shot of Sarah, Ray, Ollie and Diggle was supposed to be in the real world, but looked again and saw Ollie and Dig in the same costumes in the fantasy world.

There's a shot of Sarah hugging Laurel, with Laurel in a wedding dress and Sarah in a track jacket.

ZeroX03

Banned
Chances of Prometheus being Kovar?

I'd say low, they specifically mentioned Dolph was only supposed to be in three episodes until they extended it. I think he's flashbacks only.

I though the shot of Sarah, Ray, Ollie and Diggle was supposed to be in the real world, but looked again and saw Ollie and Dig in the same costumes in the fantasy world.

There's a shot of Sarah hugging Laurel, with Laurel in a wedding dress and Sarah in a track jacket.

Oh yeah there's some questions as to the reality between the shots. I guess technically they could all be fantasy? Or the fantasy itself might be all fantasy?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Will the crossover episode have flashbacks?

Can we talk about how Thea is best character in the show.

I'm pretty certain Thea is my favorite character. I miss her suiting up, but she's still a fave.

Corpekata

Banned
That might be related to the Netflix deal. People know the seasons will show up on Netflix earlier.

And it is a show a bit long in the tooth coming off a contentious season.

Are there many shows where their ratings are still going up in the 5th season, beyond smash hits?

usp84

For the first time since Flash and Arrow co exist i enjoyed the last few episodes of Arrow more than The Flash.

I need to watch Legends too soon i guess.

Magwik

Banned
That might be related to the Netflix deal. People know the seasons will show up on Netflix earlier.
More than likely related to the CW app than Netflix. Even if the ratings are low, they must have some hella good numbers with the app

Joni

I see Joni wants the thread locked with all that Olicity. Its against GAF's ToS to post that filth.

The topic is mine to kill.

tumblr_oeyrkf37Z51ubszlfo1_500.gif

Are there many shows where their ratings are still going up in the 5th season, beyond smash hits?

Not really, television ratings tend to drop year on year anyway.

More than likely related to the CW app than Netflix. Even if the ratings are low, they must have some hella good numbers with the app

Indeed, that one will also help lower live ratings.

velociraptor

After the putrid dog shit season 3 (I enjoyed the overall League of Assassin's storyline - that was fantastic, but the acting and dialogue was fucking cringe) and 4 turned out to be, S5 has been re-markedly good so far.

However, Curtis really gets on my fucking nerves. Terrible character, as funny as cancer, and without a doubt the most useless vigilante.

The Flash appears to have better characters and actors overall - there is not a single character I dislike. Barry, Iris, Joe, Caitlin, Harrison Wells - they're all great! The only people who I actually like in the Arrow are John Diggle and Oliver Queen, though Wild Dog and Ragman haven't been "too bad". I grew to dislike Felicity in S3 and S4 with her melodrama.

I don't think the 'OG' Arrow team will be topped. S1 and S2 were really the best tbh.

Top Bottom