• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow S5 |OT| You thought you were out, but Manu Bennett pulls you back in.

proroytheusarskw.gif
Kinda wish someone would post this in the Flash thread and say "Thanks alot Barry"
See how many believe it that aren't caught up.

LotusHD

Banned
Lowkey don't want Laurel back tbh, I dunno, just haven't been fond of the character in a long while...
Black Siren could maybe work though.

Probably the bleakest mid-season finale since Ollie got tossed off a mountain. This really is the darkest timeline. Barry Allen sucks.

Laurel is just a hallucination

Laurel is going to be a Philosopher's Stone
halucination.

Stop it! She's real to me, dammit!

She's real:

http://moviepilot.com/p/laurel-lance-alive-arrow-season-5/4110954
Wendy Mericle said:
"I can tell you that we’re really excited about having her back. You will see in the episodes where she appears – Episode 510 definitely, our midseason premiere. Keep your eyes out for that. We’re so excited about getting to work with her again and her willingness to come back. It’s one of the fun parts of the show. People can leave and get killed and you can still find new and crazy ways for them to come back. I can definitely tell you that there’s a way we’re going to bring her back and she’s going to be alive and well. And Flashpoint might have a little bit to do with that.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Best Berlanti-verse show by a fucking mile. Such an incredibly great episode. I'm thrilled Arrow is back to peak quality.

Yeah, this isn't even just peak Arrow at this point. We're approaching peak Arrowverse. This mid-season was just as good as Flash's Season 1 mid-season, Man in the Yellow Suit

Going by The CW's own announced schedule:
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/11/16/cw-midseason-2017-premiere-dates
http://wtkr.com/2016/12/02/the-cw-announces-2016-2017-midseason-premiere-dates/

Which I think might be their own confusing PR, they said Arrow and The 100 returning Feb 1st, but they meant The 100 returns then and Arrow they didn't specify.

Yeah, definitely a little confusing. The show is definitely back January 25th, though.

Effect

So safe to say they know they really fucked up by killing Laurel? Going by that quote I have to wonder if there was a very real possibility Katie Cassidy wasn't willing to come back for them to fix and address this.

I've been thinking about it for a long time now. Not just because of the backlash they got from fans but I have to imagine those in power at WB and DC weren't happy when they realized what was about to happen and couldn't stop it in time. Especially with Black Canary having gotten pushes in other media in recent years. She was an important part of Young Justice and before that Justice League Unlimited, very important to the comics (hell she lead the Justice League itself for a while), hell super important to the Green Arrow character overall. I don't doubt she'd be apart of the second wave of characters to appear in the films. I like to imagine people were not at all happy with the Arrow showrunners.

What this episode really did is remind us just how terrifying Oliver is.

Back in season 1 the guy was able to walk into a building with just a bow and arrow and execute dozens of armed men and criminals with barely an injury. He's only gotten better since. In alternate reality, it would be easy to see him as one of the most haunting villains ever.

The Light

What this episode really did is remind us just how terrifying Oliver is.

Back in season 1 the guy was able to walk into a building with just a bow and arrow and execute dozens of armed men and criminals with barely an injury. He's only gotten better since. In alternate reality, it would be easy to see him as one of the most haunting villains ever.
He's gotten better? If you are only watching the crossovers sure, but dude has been needed in his show because of the team.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Late to the episode, catching up now.

- Die Hard is my favorite Christmas movie too!
- Man, Evelyn is laying it on thick. She's too good at this double agent thing
- I like how they're actually talking about events from the crossover
- Yoooo. Prometheus did Curtis so dirty.
- "In our town people who are dead turn out to be alive every Wednesday" M-E-T-A haha
- Wild Dog is so thirsty for Thea. And I can't blame him at all.
- Well now we know Felicity's boyfriend is dirty. Where's your search warrant, bruh? That's some fruit of the poisonous tree right there
- Oh this is tying in real well with Oliver killing again.

I like that everyone still rallied behind Oliver. I thought they were going to stir up some cheap drama but it wouldn't ring true after all Team Arrow has been through.

My jaw is on the floor after that reveal. I don't care who, how, why. I'm just glad. Shit is looking dark otherwise though

He's gotten better? If you are only watching the crossovers sure, but dude has been needed in his show because of the team.

The guy went from fighting guys with guns to fighting metahumans, trained assassins, magic users, and more. He went from jobbing against Merlyn to completely outclassing him, from losing to Ra's to defeating him at his own game. I honestly think Season 5 Green Arrow could completely trounce Season 1's Hood.

Deadly

Well that was interesting. I thought it was going to be a hallucination but it seems that's been debunked already. Reporter girlfriend is shady though, that camera pan on the vodka was definitely questionable.

Also the flashbacks to the S1 timeline was great. Oliver was ruthless as fuck.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Well that was interesting. I thought it was going to be a hallucination but it seems that's been debunked already. Reporter girlfriend is shady though, that camera pan on the vodka was definitely questionable.

Also the flashbacks to the S1 timeline was great. Oliver was ruthless as fuck.

Thank you! I thought I was just being weird but that caught my attention to. Doesn't she already have some ties to Russia, like she was investigating something earlier this season. She's connected to the Kovar storyline in some way.

ZeroX03

Banned
Reporter is looking into Oliver's past, they very specifically showed Russian Vodka.

Prometheus is also linked to Russia through their shared tutor.

This season has no business being as good as it is after 3 and 4. I'm just impressed by the consistent quality. Evelyn's turn is pretty silly, like "The Hood killed a bunch of evil people on a list years ago and that's where I draw the line, so let me align myself with an actual bow-wielding serial killer that murders cops for fun to stop him!" That's really my only complaint.

Felt really bad about Felicity's bae. Always knew he would be cannon fodder but what a way to go. And Lyla better watch out, there hasn't been a scene between Diggle and Rene where it didn't look like they might end up boning.
Where is Wozzly?

Flashbacks to season 1 were great. This show really lost a lot in its action scenes when Oliver stopped being so ruthless.

Another fire episode. Although season 1 is my favorite I would argue that this half season has been the most overall consistent in quality this show has ever been

Talia? Oh fuck no plz don't ruin such a good season with a bad arrow take on a Batman character again. Really I wouldn't mind if prometheus was related to any scrub bad guy from season 1 that he killed. Tommy would be fantastic tho for the twist and the drama it brings to Oliver. If he's a Russian flashback character that would be underwhelming

carlsojo

Reporter lady is at Christmas party with Oliver while Prometheus is beating the shit out of Curtis. Reporter lady can't be Prometheus. Unless Evelyn was in the Prometheus suit (but she's too short!)

Laurel hype train. LAUREL HYPE TRAIN.

Best midseason finale of the shows this season, so far. I doubt Legends can top this.

Legion. of. Doom.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I'm hoping Prometheus is someone from Season 1, like Yao Fei, Shado or some crazy shit like that.

Barry fucking up the timeline means anything is possible.

Grizzlyjin

I actually like that Diggle got caught. Not in of itself but it means that they'll have to address the frame job and deal with that directly rather than having him in hiding forever.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Chesthair is gonna get a heart attack, his daughters keep coming back to life quicker than a DBZ character.

Realeza

Banned
How long is the overall season gonna be? Since this was the mid season finale and we are only on episode 9 I was wondering.

Top Bottom