• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow S5 |OT| You thought you were out, but Manu Bennett pulls you back in.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
How long is the overall season gonna be? Since this was the mid season finale and we are only on episode 9 I was wondering.

23 episodes if I'm not mistaken. Yeah, it's weird to call it midseason at this point. Some places call it a Fall Finale, probably to clarify that.

Theyve learned many lessons over the years. Shes back to stay and will kill Felicity when the show returns.

Any lesson they've learned would equally apply to Felicity y'all. Note how she's been written this season.

I'm glad to see Laurel, but I stand by my point that the problem is how they wrote Oliver's love interests, not Felicity herself. Laurel was good when she wasn't the love interest, when her plots weren't about Oliver and romance.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
"We changed the codes an hour ago"

*Laurel magics her way in*

It would be so much better if Prometheus was this guys son but they love their twist reveals so much there's no way.

Also Season 1 Arrow was so cathartic, I miss the simple life where every week some bad guy you could easily equate to at least a dozen real people got the opportunity to change or die and inevitably chose to die.

"We changed the codes an hour ago"

*Laurel magics her way in*

It would be so much better if Prometheus was this guys son but they love their twist reveals so much there's no way.

Also Season 1 Arrow was so cathartic, I miss the simple life where every week some bad guy you could easily equate to at least a dozen real people got the opportunity to change or die and inevitably chose to die.

Unfortunately we're getting the result of that...

Nyanmaruz

Jeezus Christ, Detective Lance just can never catch a break can he?
Her daughters just keep dying and coming back to life over and over again.
How is Lance even psychologically okay at this point?

KonradLaw

Damn..such a bleak, but wonderful mid season finale. Prometheus is turning out to be such a fricking manace, despite the fact that it's the least powerful big bad Oliver ever had (everyone else overpowered Oliver at the start, even Malcolm, Prometheus seems on a big below Olie's level). He just makes up for it with malice and devious mind.

Loved that the detective didn't turn out to be Prometheus in the end and absolutely loved how he died. Dat murderous set-up with bodies switching to flashback murders was a thing of a beauty too.

And despite all that bleakness, it still felt damn good when the team didn't abandon Oliver in the end. And people are right, Wild Dog is turning into great sidekick.

The only thing that worried me was Laurel at the end. But the way her contract was set up means she's unlikely to be back for good and will likely drop after few eps.

Almost want to watch some Season 1 episodes to see if Ollie was this raw or they played it up. That arrow double tap. Guy was bloodthirsty.

strafer

5gh1vlg.gif

GulAtiCa

On the CW App (phone, tablet, Xbox One) there is a preview of episode 10 where
Olliver is talking to John in jail about Laurel being back. Apparently Olliver is trying to ease her into things, and she's not so familiar with what's going on

Double D

I feel like I might have fallen asleep at the end of episode 7 or something. Because I don't remember the Russian flashback stuff coming to a conclusion.

ZeroX03

Banned
I feel like I might have fallen asleep at the end of episode 7 or something. Because I don't remember the Russian flashback stuff coming to a conclusion.

The Russia flashbacks are still a thing, but there wasn't any space for them in the last two episodes obviously.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Oliver getting outplayed instead of outclassed - definitely feels like the best mid-season finale yet

Yeah, that's pretty great. I'm not convinced that Prometheus is better or even equal to Oliver, but he got inside Oliver's head and that made all the difference. The second they showed three arrows going into a guy in the Prometheus costume, I knew it was going to be Felicity's boyfriend. But it still made it heartbreaking just how thoroughly Prometheus played Oliver. This scene is better than any of the fights with Merlin or Slade, honestly.

Realeza

Banned
Laurel as a character was much better at the end of S4 so I hope the improvement continues here. Reading Green Arrow Rebirth makes me want to see a rapport between Arrow / Canary just like in the comic.

Forsythia

I don't know what they've been smoking there but this season has been amazing so far! I never thought I'd see the show recover from that shit that was season 4!

Sephzilla

Yeah, season 5 has been hitting everything out of the park so far. I know I had doubts earlier this year, but yeah, season 5 is outpacing seasons 1 and 2 easily at this point.

Top Bottom