• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow S5 |OT| You thought you were out, but Manu Bennett pulls you back in.

Sölf

I do think Prometheus is more than one person. The "reveal" we got this episode doesn't even remotely explain how Prometheus got access to any of the old Hood arrows that the SCPD had stored away nor does it explain how Prometheus found out Queen was the Arrow, or how he found out about The List.

Oh, she just used the Malcom Merlyn door? Makes sense.

Now I need a blueprint of the Arrow Cave were we see a "Totally Secret Door" which may only be used during really important plot reasons.

GulAtiCa

Sölf;226257819 said:
Now I need a blueprint of the Arrow Cave were we see a "Totally Secret Door" which may only be used during really important plot reasons.
It's probably the door Merlin uses. Lol

Sephzilla

Sölf;226257819 said:

i got this

IxHTPMw.png

Sephzilla

I now accept this as canon. But wasn't Diggle like living there, where is his quarters? Or was that a different underground bunker Ollie has laying around?

I think Diggle was living in that second place that Oliver had. The one where he took the new team before he trusted them in the Arrow Cave

The Hobo

Anyone else really upset that Artemis is a bad guy?

No. She brings so little to the show that I didn't even notice she wasn't in last weeks episode. Nor did I notice that she disappeared half way through yesterday's episode.

Her joining up with Prometheus makes her come across as incredibly dumb though. She has a problem with Oliver being a serial killer yet she teams up with a serial killer to take him down.

At least Oliver killed whilst thinking it was helping the city. Prometheus has been dropping bodies left and right for the sake of revenge.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
For Artemis, it isn't so much about siding with a serial killer to kill another serial killer, it's siding with the one guy who can take down the guy who she feels is responsible for her parents' death.

She probably assumes Prometheus will go away once Oliver is dead or she just doesn't care what his other plans are. She isn't capable enough to challenge Oliver so this is her shot.

Toki767

I kind of wonder if Darhk maybe gets killed in Legends. Or him traveling in time with Thawne is what brings Laurel back.

Sephzilla

For Artemis, it isn't so much about siding with a serial killer to kill another serial killer, it's siding with the one guy who can take down the guy who she feels is responsible for her parents' death.

She probably assumes Prometheus will go away once Oliver is dead or she just doesn't care what his other plans are. She isn't capable enough to challenge Oliver so this is her shot.

If this is actually her line of thought Artemis will likely become one of the top characters I genuinely hate (in a good intended way, i guess) on this show

I kind of wonder if Darhk maybe gets killed in Legends. Or him traveling in time with Thawne is what brings Laurel back.

6xQx9YT.gif

Kard8p3

I'm hoping what actually happens is that she tries to and he just shuts her down. Guy was in the running to be Ra's al Ghul. He shouldn't be taken out by just some assassin.

"just some assassin"

she got trained by the actual Ra's al Ghul. I wouldn't be surprised if Sara is on par with Oliver at this point (both of them have definitely improved over their career). The guy who shit on both Ra's and Dahrk.

Sephzilla

Unfortunately the problem with that theory is that if Sara killed Dahrk in the past or changed things, Laurel wouldn't be gone in the first place so there'd be no shock at her return.

"just some assassin"

she got trained by the actual Ra's al Ghul. I wouldn't be surprised if Sara is on par with Oliver at this point (both of them have definitely improved over their career). The guy who shit on both Ra's and Dahrk.
Right, but Darhk was trained by the guy who trained Ra's al Ghul--also the actual Ra's al Ghul before he passed the mantle to Darhk's rival.

Also, counterpoint: Ollie beating Ra's (and Darhk, for that matter) was dumb as fuck.

Took down Vandal Savage.
See counterpoint above.

I'm not particularly attached to Artemis but doesn't this storyline make her a huge hyperitical asshole? Yeah she's mad at Oliver but Prometheus has killed a bunch of people, put Curtis in the hospital, and got Billy killed.

Joni

Right, but Darhk was trained by the guy who trained Ra's al Ghul--also the actual Ra's al Ghul before he passed the mantle to Darhk's rival.

Also, counterpoint: Ollie beating Ra's (and Darhk, for that matter) was dumb as fuck.

See counterpoint above.

Counterpoint: Who said the unseen Ra's was any good? Dahrk sucks at martial arts.

I'm not particularly attached to Artemis but doesn't this storyline make her a huge hyperitical asshole? Yeah she's mad at Oliver but Prometheus has killed a bunch of people, put Curtis in the hospital, and got Billy killed.

I guess you can mark it up to her being a teenager & being overly reactionary to Ollie's list? Maybe it can be played off as her not thinking as clearly as the others. I don't know. Then again, she isn't the most level headed member of the squad, a squad which include's a man named Wild Dog. Haha.

Kard8p3

Don't you have to, you know, KILL the previous Ra's to become Ra's? If so, then yeah, the Ra's we know is better than the one who trained Dahrk.

Dumb or not, it still happened.

You're right, forgetting the salmon ladder is a crime

XNVPyE5.png

Drawing it in salmon pink is a great touch.

If it was a straight up time change, all of the characters who weren't outside the timeline when it happened wouldn't remember her dying.

I like the theory of Black Siren being in the wrong timeline as it was being re-written (twice) leading to her being imprinted with Laurel's memories and personality.

Ithil

In her mind Oliver is directly responsible for her parents' deaths, so she's using whatever way she can to get even. Chalk it up to being a vengeful teenager.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
New Laurel is actually Black Siren, who has been recruited by Prometheus to further destroy Oliver in exchange for getting to go home.

Wag

Prometheus is Tommy.

Now that Laurel is alive again he can fuck her in front of an open window- in full view of Tommy. 😀

Huh. Folks like us in this thread are really twigging to the new season, but ratings are down compared to Seasons 3 and 4.

Season 3
Season 4
Season 5, So Far

I'd have to look into the demographic breakdown.

EDIT: Was trying to figure out the big drop in Season 4.

Feb 24 episode was the mid-season finale, where Felicity broke up with Oliver. I still need to look at demographics, but did Olicity drive that many viewers or am I missing something? The latter part of that season is around where our new normal is.

T Dollarz

Holy shit, that episode was so good. I can't believe how much I am liking this again. I was so mentally out the last two seasons.

I'm surprised they haven't returned with the new direction of the show then.

I'd be one of those people. Bailed out after last season and the crossover last week was my first Arrow episode this season so I was a tad confused who the new recruits were. Especially that creepy guy in those hobo clothes?

I'm surprised they haven't returned with the new direction of the show then.
Guess the the good will the show unearned back was understated
I'd be one of those people. Bailed out after last season and the crossover last week was my first Arrow episode this season so I was a tad confused who the new recruits were. Especially that creepy guy in those hobo clothes?

Now that I think about my cousin gave up on this show and only came back for the crossover too

ZeroX03

Banned
  • Quinten and Julian both have blackout periods where they wake up on different places and don't know how they got there

Chesthair's blackouts are on Prometheus. When you see his photos of everyone, Lance's face is already crossed out. He's messing with them one at a time.

Huh. Folks like us in this thread are really twigging to the new season, but ratings are down compared to Seasons 3 and 4.

Feb 24 episode was the mid-season finale, where Felicity broke up with Oliver. I still need to look at demographics, but did Olicity drive that many viewers or am I missing something? The latter part of that season is around where our new normal is.

After mid season is always down, but that drop is big. There's also often a lag between quality affecting ratings. Event episodes get the immediate boost but Arrow's S2 quality and popularity kicked in with S3. Netflix probably helped a lot.

WedgeX

Banned
Caught up on both weeks.

I am so happy that Raisa got a shoutout in the crossover. Happy to see Laurel IN CONSECUTIVE weeks. And that is definitely evil-Laurel. Ollie being at an appropriate power level for the crossover was nice. Sad at Prometheus's ability to over power him. But still on the Billy Wintergreen train. Not buying this swerve to make him the kid.

Don't know what external help Ollie could get outside of Constantine or Wildcat who aren't showing up.

Top Bottom