• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow S5 |OT| You thought you were out, but Manu Bennett pulls you back in.

Joni

Yet it is his fault that Laurel is dead because he didn't trust his best friend that is always always right.

So we're talking about Arrow Season 4?
The one some people imagined they saw. I assume it is that fictional version which the Tumblr crowd is now watching.

Joni

I dunno man, Felicity in Season 4 is pretty unbearable especially during that whole "Oliver's son" ordeal
That is one of those cases where I think I would also be mad if my spouse hid a kid from me. Some people might be more noble or naive than me.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
David Ramsey's character isn't written into a bigger role due to shippers, though. And is written to be a rational human being.

You're missing my point.

This thread spends so much of its time worrying about Felicity it's as bad as any of those Facebook posts that get screencapped and mocked here and on Reddit.

You're all a bunch of atheists that spend all their time talking about religion.

Sephzilla

That is one of those cases where I think I would also be mad if my spouse hid a kid from me. Some people might be more noble or naive than me.

The problem is that even the mother of the kid even said "don't be mad at Oliver, I'm the one who put him in an impossible situation like that." and then Felicity gets mad at Oliver. If we also factor in the Vandal Savage crossover there's also Felicity getting pissed at Oliver because Oliver took a few hours to process the fact that he had a son before telling her.

You're missing my point.

This thread spends so much of its time worrying about Felicity it's as bad as any of those Facebook posts that get screencapped and mocked here and on Reddit.

You're all a bunch of atheists that spend all their time talking about religion.

I think it's warranted since Felicity basically hijacked a good chunk of Season 4, the worst season of the show. So everyone's worried about returning to that level. If season 5 had way too many episodes revolving around Diggle drama, I'm pretty sure we'd say the same shit. Case in point - look at the bitching about Cisco in the Flash this season.

Joni

The problem is that even the mother of the kid even said "don't be mad at Oliver, I'm the one who put him in an impossible situation like that." and then Felicity gets mad at Oliver. If we also factor in the Vandal Savage crossover there's also Felicity getting pissed at Oliver because Oliver took a few hours to process the fact that he had a son before telling her.
She found out, she didn't know he would tell. He has the tendency to keep secrets. Which he said he wouldn't do anymore. As for the mom, no, still his responsibility. She isn't marrying the mom.

Sephzilla

Nah, I still don't think she was right to get angry at Oliver over that. I would have told Felicity to not let the door hit her on the way out if she acted that way after finding out I chose to have my son in my life instead of not having him in my life.

David Ramsey's character isn't written into a bigger role due to shippers, though. And is written to be a rational human being.
Him being around at all at this point is already more of a role than necessary. Diggle really serves almost no purpose, as he no longer needs to be around to ground Oliver anymore, and him being around in combat scenarios actually detracts from Oliver's appeal by making Green Arrow seem less competent.

I would be fine if he were just relegated to flashbacks, since him being a foil to The Hood is better than him just being around because he's a main character.

Sephzilla

Him being around at all at this point is already more of a role than necessary. Diggle really serves almost no purpose, as he no longer needs to be around to ground Oliver anymore, and him being around in combat scenarios actually detracts from Oliver's appeal by making Green Arrow seem less competent.

I would be fine if he were just relegated to flashbacks, since him being a foil to The Hood is better than him just being around because he's a main character.

You know, thinking about it, I actually liked Diggle's character more before he became Spartan and was just the guy who kept Oliver anchored to reality. Plus, it meant when Diggle rarely went into the field with Oliver it was a big deal (like when he busted out a fucking sniper rifle for Slade). But maybe I'm just being nostalgic for old Arrow when it was just Oliver and his two buddies in the hideout.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I think Diggle's arc would have been better if his role was kept mostly the same until this season, where being wanted by the Government forced him to go underground and become Spartan.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I like Felicity when she's in that Moneypenny role. Light comedic relief with a healthy dash of sexual tension. I'm a huge supporter of well written female characters, so it might seem contradictory to say that...but I don't think I've ever liked a Felicity centered storyline.

They almost had something decent going with her gaining confidence from being in the wheelchair. Then they gave her a magical spinal chip.

Also, jokey characters going all serious falls flat for me. Usually the actors aren't used to doing it so it's doubly annoying. Only time I've ever liked it was Wesley on Angel.

ZeroX03

Banned
Also, jokey characters going all serious falls flat for me. Usually the actors aren't used to doing it so it's doubly annoying. Only time I've ever liked it was Wesley on Angel.

That was an awesome character arc.

They're not going to go that extreme for Felicity unfortunately.

That was an awesome character arc.

They're not going to go that extreme for Felicity unfortunately.

I don't know. Goth Felicity kidnaps Ollie's son, gets booted off Team Arrow and forms her own group of vigilantes while becoming romantically entangled with a sexy, but evil, female lawyer and descending into alcoholism sounds like it's perfect for Arrow to me!

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Vote for the man

That's a slippery slope. Today, it's the People's Choice Awards. Tomorrow, it's the Kid's Choice Awards. Next thing you know you're buying burner cellphones to make sure Ariana Grande wins a giant surfboard at the Teen Choice Awards.

Toa TAK

Banned
That's a slippery slope. Today, it's the People's Choice Awards. Tomorrow, it's the Kid's Choice Awards. Next thing you know you're buying burner cellphones to make sure Ariana Grande wins a giant surfboard at the Teen Choice Awards.
<_<

That almost sounds like you talk from experience.

ZeroX03

Banned
so will there be a christmas episode this week?

NEW EPISODE TONIGHT!!

ar509a_0312b.jpg

...is not something I'll be saying for over a month. Sorry people, show is on break until end of Jan.

<_<

That almost sounds like you talk from experience.

That's right, grizzlyjin is Shakira, you got her.

DeathyBoy

Banned

SA was pissed when they write Laurel out, he'd go nuclear if they dumped Ramsey

GulAtiCa

Is Blackthorne still in this show or did they write him out with the rehab arc?
Pretty sure he is still in it. Only been 2 episodes, even if it seems like it's been longer.

Hell, for the actor himself, just been 1 since he was in the crossover episode via the dream.

I mean, no need to completely write him out, but keep him in prison or whatever and then relegate his major presence to flashbacks. They've already shown they're more than happy to flash back into season 1's time with new content, so that would work well for him.

Joni

They just had two episodes where they didn't need him. He also might be on an 18 episode contract or something.

I'm a few episodes in but I kind of already know what's coming but it's been pretty good so far, Ragdude is better than I expected because I couldn't stand the boyfriend character the actor played on Blindspot. Ben from Reaper is an annoying dick though. "Artemis" reminds me of a mini-version of Ginnifer Goodwin/Snow White from Once Upon A Time though also annoying. Thank the gods the Havenrock nuke deal didn't turn into some big drawn out secret that would eventually blow up like the town did.

HOLY FUCK!!!!

vb0hTaM.jpg

Hahahaha, he knows our pain... I mean joy.

Where'd he talk about it?

Wait a second, I just realized something.

Artemis criticized and betrayed Oliver for killing people.

Yet a few episodes ago, wasn't she gushing on how badass Spartan was shooting down Church's men?

Either Diggle's more charming, or she's just a plain hypocrite.

ZeroX03

Banned
Wait a second, I just realized something.

Artemis criticized and betrayed Oliver for killing people.

Yet a few episodes ago, wasn't she gushing on how badass Spartan was shooting down Church's men?

Either Diggle's more charming, or she's just a plain hypocrite.

For like the 50th time, Diggle uses tranq rounds.

Also she's working with Prometheus who is dropping heaps of bodies including cops, which is a far bigger deal.

She's a teenager. Hypocrisy and irrational are part of the package.

Grizzlyjin

Also, even IF Diggle was killing goons that were shooting at them, it's still in a different ballpark than Season 1 Oliver. Back then Oliver was just killing people on the list, even if they couldn't fight back.

Joni

Also, even IF Diggle was killing goons that were shooting at them, it's still in a different ballpark than Season 1 Oliver. Back then Oliver was just killing people on the list, even if they couldn't fight back.

It is also good to remember she doesn't even know they are bad guys. He never did tell why they were on the list. And the cops that huntress shot might also be on his public list of victims.

Joni

Seeing episodes of season 1 again, it was so bright. And I don't know why, but I always seem to catch the Helena episodes when watching that season. It is the one where she returns and Mama Lance turns up claiming Sara is alive!

Going to assume this lawyer was on the island or Russia.

Oh damn that's definitely a flashback transition at the end!

It is Dolph Lundgren!

Top Bottom