• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow S5 |OT| You thought you were out, but Manu Bennett pulls you back in.

Joni

None of the other promos for the other shows seem that spoilery though. This one really stands out.

It really depends from time to time. They have spoiled some huge stuff in the past. This only spoils one episode, while sometimes we had trailers that spoiled a series of four to five episodes.

Xenoboy

Heck, the other 3 shows has a trailer for showcasing what's to come for rest of the season. For Arrow it was only for the immediate next episode.

Which prob means:
That anything beyond episode 10 would likely be too spoilery beyond what was already a huge WTF! lol

Flash promo is likely only next epiode, or am I missing something?
Because considering what we've seen in BTS stuff,
there's a bunch of shit left out

Skux

I dunno if the trailer is the whole picture. They surely wouldn't give away something that huge in a second long cut.

I dunno if the trailer is the whole picture. They surely wouldn't give away something that huge in a second long cut.

The showrunners have also said that Flashpoint has a hand in this.
Speculation time:

Arrow likes their "ghost" episodes. Flashpoint somehow put something of Laurel into Black Siren's mind, and she's going to be showing up, urging her to be better than the criminal she is now.

GulAtiCa

Very interesting how Katie Cassidy still hasn't said anything on being back on Twitter. Can only imagine anything she says might unexpectedly give things away.

Joni

Very interesting how Katie Cassidy still hasn't said anything on being back on Twitter. Can only imagine anything she says might unexpectedly give things away.
She might have forgotten she has a contract with the time they waited to bring her back.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
She might have forgotten she has a contract with the time they waited to bring her back.

It's kinda interesting that everyone who got that deal, Miller, Barrowman, and Cassidy, all showed up around the same time. Maybe a budgeting issue?

Joni

It's kinda interesting that everyone who got that deal, Miller, Barrowman, and Cassidy, all showed up around the same time. Maybe a budgeting issue?
Well, not really an issue. Just knowledge that they didn't need them that much so they probably have lower episode counts.

ZeroX03

Banned
I’m a bit confused: Is Arrow‘s John Jr. from Flashpoint the Connor Hawke we saw on Legends of Tomorrow?
You’re referring to Diggle’s future son we saw in the Legends episode “Star City 2046” last season, and the answer is basically still TBD. “We go back and forth on that,” EP Marc Guggenheim tells me. “That was certainly a notion of ours. It’s hard for me to honestly answer the question without committing to a version of time travel, because in order for that to be the case, then Flashpoint would’ve had to have happened. You start to get into the very, very complicated time travel rules that, quite frankly, I as a writer don’t have an appetite to answer unless we tell a story one day that deals with John Jr., and even then, I don’t know if we would directly address that issue head on. Anyone who watches Legends knows that, by design, we don’t spend a lot of time discussing temporal mechanics — some people like that and it annoys the hell out of other people.”
http://ew.com/tv/2016/12/23/spoiler-room-shield-12-monkeys-supergirl/

Swapping baby Sara for John Jr. Was such a bullshit move that feels like it was just done because they felt like they had to change SOMETHING on Arrow and changing Diggle's kid was the easiest thing to do without any real impact to the show.

Joni

Swapping baby Sara for John Jr. Was such a bullshit move that feels like it was just done because they felt like they had to change SOMETHING on Arrow and changing Diggle's kid was the easiest thing to do without any real impact to the show.

I think you just described Flashpoint's effect on Flash in a nutshell.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Didn't Snyder also want to do that with Jimmy?

It's all jumbled in my head, but I don't think the theatrical cut was as explicit about who he was. You definitely find out in the extended, yet it's entirely meaningless. I wouldn't be shocked if they ignore it moving forward.

The name switcheroo post-death in Smallville was so lame. That show had a talent for abusing its audience

DeathyBoy

Banned
It's all jumbled in my head, but I don't think the theatrical cut was as explicit about who he was. You definitely find out in the extended, yet it's entirely meaningless. I wouldn't be shocked if they ignore it moving forward.

The name switcheroo post-death in Smallville was so lame. That show had a talent for abusing its audience

I've no idea why DC approved them using Jimmy in the first place. But it's the same show which had the LOD show up in the penultimate episode of the final season as a cliffhanger knowing that they'd never follow through with it.

Joni

I've no idea why DC approved them using Jimmy in the first place. But it's the same show which had the LOD show up in the penultimate episode of the final season as a cliffhanger knowing that they'd never follow through with it.

If you look at all the people they had access to, I doubt they even had to get approval for Jimmy.

Nyssa is the superior sister in this universe.

I still want Prometheus to be a relative nobody.

Yeah Nyssa is a bitch in the comics though(murdered Talia like 100 different ways over and over immediately throwing her back in the pit until it brain washed her).
Glad Arkham Knight went with an Arrow-ish Nyssa.

GulAtiCa

It's odd how this season's Arrow is a lot stronger than The Flash.

BTW, this extended break in the middle of the season is a travesty.

One long extended break prob better then the weird multi big breaks last spring. Those were the worst lol. We get a episode or 2 and then suddenly 2 or 3 week break. Then it do it again! The real kicker was each time it ended on a kinda bad/omg why (in a bad way) episode and then the next episode weeks later be pretty decent. So we were left with a bad taste in our mouth for a month!.. lol

ZeroX03

Banned
One long extended break prob better then the weird multi big breaks last spring. Those were the worst lol. We get a episode or 2 and then suddenly 2 or 3 week break. Then it do it again! The real kicker was each time it ended on a kinda bad/omg why (in a bad way) episode and then the next episode weeks later be pretty decent. So we were left with a bad taste in our mouth for a month!.. lol

You know there's definitely going to be a March and probably an April break right lol

They can't go straight through, they need like four weeks off in there.

GulAtiCa

You know there's definitely going to be a March and probably an April break right lol

They can't go straight through, they need like four weeks off in there.

I strangely don't remember anything as long as they were last year though in season 3.

I just hope these breaks don't suffer like they did last year.

Joni

I strangely don't remember anything as long as they were last year though in season 3.

I just hope these breaks don't suffer like they did last year.

Arrow Season 3 had a month-break but that was after the episode where Ra's revealed his plans for Oliver and Thea confessed to Nyssa.

ZeroX03

Banned
From TVLine's Winter Preview:
Seeing Laurel (?!) “is a very welcome surprise” for Oliver, says showrunner Wendy Mericle. “But there will be… whatever the reverse of a ‘silver lining’ is… when he finds out what’s really going on. It will have a lot of emotional resonance, particularly for him and Felicity.” On top of that is the “significant fallout” of Malone’s murder, a tragic accident that steers Felicity to “a darker place” as she sets her own sights on Prometheus. That, coupled with the question of the Big Bad’s identity, “is a gift that keeps on giving for the rest of the season,” says Mericle. Elsewhere, Diggle emerges from his latest imprisonment “with a much bigger drive, and not the same fatalism that he had earlier in the season,” the EP previews. “He’s going to come up against Colonel Walker” as well as “grow closer to Adrian Chase.” Among new faces, Talia al Ghul plays a “crucial part” in unraveling the Prometheus mystery, while SCPD Detective Tina Boland will form a connection with Oliver, seeing as “she has been through her own hell, her own sort of ‘island.'”

Top Bottom