• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
jXK1ZjsgXLFHG.png

quick 'n' dirty

It's Starling City, not Williamsburg, you silly thing.

Snake

Salmon ladder = awesome episode.

I liked every development in this ep (Moira for Mayor is extraordinarily unrealistic, but I admire the sheer audacity of it). So many great things on track.

It's a little known fact, but if you slow down a Canary Cry, you get every single line of dialogue that Laurel has had in season two. That's why its such a devastating attack.

DominoKid

Salmon ladder = awesome episode.

I liked every development in this ep (Moira for Mayor is extraordinarily unrealistic, but I admire the sheer audacity of it). So many great things on track.

Moira for running mayor works when turns out to be as shady as ever.

Come on guys.. no point in talking about that.

It's the same with Superman.

IT'S FUCKING CLARK KENT

why would Superman have a secret identity, actually why would anyone in tehworld assume he's hiding as someone else?

Thanks for that

GOD this show is soooo stupid but I love it anyway.

what's "stupid " about it?

Possible spoilers:
My guess is:
We get to see Barry again.
Sarah dies, and Laurel takes her place :(

you know, people get thrown in jail for less.

Sober

I don't give any fucks if Laurel becomes Black Canary, as long as Sarah doesn't die and is still Canary and just occasionally shows up in the middle of a fight to save Laurel. That's all I need.

Also goddamn it just make Caity Lotz a regular already AAAARRRGGHHH

I don't give any fucks if Laurel becomes Black Canary, as long as Sarah doesn't die and is still Canary and just occasionally shows up in the middle of a fight to save Laurel. That's all I need.

Also goddamn it just make Caity Lotz a regular already AAAARRRGGHHH

you're not going to have two canaries running (flying?) around.

Jonogunn

I live in Vancouver and I keep hoping I run into some of the stars on their days off. So far no luck.

Question. Why hasn't Malcolm gotten revenge on Oliver or told anyone his identity yet?

Shaanyboi

Banned
I live in Vancouver and I keep hoping I run into some of the stars on their days off. So far no luck.

Question. Why hasn't Malcolm gotten revenge on Oliver or told anyone his identity yet?

The fight against Shrapnel was literally three blocks down the street from my apartment. haha

ReiGun

In the eyes of the public, Ollie has already been proven not to be the Arrow. What proof could Malcolm give that wouldn't also incriminate and reveal himself? Plus, if Malcolm's been keeping tabs on Oliver at all, then he should know that Ollie's been getting involved with the League: the exact people Malcolm is trying to avoid.

One time Sam and Dean from Supernatural filmed a scene across the street from my house.

One day, Arrow will make the journey to my house.

In the fiction of the show, Laurel becoming the Canary makes no sense. Oliver and Sara have multiple years of intense combat training.

Laurel has martial arts training already, even if they haven't shown it since early S1. And being a comic based show, they can easily hand wave it with Mirakuru, a time skip between seasons, or a number of other ways.

In the eyes of the public, Ollie has already been proven not to be the Arrow. What proof could Malcolm give that wouldn't also incriminate and reveal himself? Plus, if Malcolm's been keeping tabs on Oliver at all, then he should know that Ollie's been getting involved with the League: the exact people Malcolm is trying to avoid.
Also, Malcolm gains nothing from revealing Arrow's identity. Him knowing gives him leverage over other criminals.

Sober

Laurel has martial arts training already, even if they haven't shown it since early S1. And being a comic based show, they can easily hand wave it with Mirakuru, a time skip between seasons, or a number of other ways.
Pretty sure Laurel only has self defense lessons, which is dwarfed by whatever Ollie had to do in the five years he was missing and Sara being trained by the LoA.

I guess Mirakuru can help close the gap, I guess.

I guess.

Pretty sure Laurel only has self defense lessons, which is dwarfed by whatever Ollie had to do in the five years he was missing and Sara being trained by the LoA.

I guess Mirakuru can help close the gap, I guess.

I guess.

That. Is. Lame.

Ollie was trained by a Chinese general, his sexy daughter, and an ASAS hardcase badass. Sara was trained by R'as al-Ghul, his sexy-ass daughter, and the rest of his fucking ninjas.

God damn it Laurel.

demolitio

Reminds me of the time my brother said he saw Thor leaning against a table and drinking some coffee while he was walking in downtown Cleveland to get some lunch. He just found it amusing seeing Hemsworth in this awesome costume doing something mundane like drinking coffee.

And you know the real answer to the Malcolm question...For the story. They wanted him to disappear again until he makes his magnificent comeback with some evil plan while they focus on other plots leaving the suspense with that character in the back of people's minds to surprise us all later. He wants his personal revenge and doesn't want to ruin his chances of getting it by exposing Oliver and putting the spotlight on someone he wants to handle himself.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
My GF doesn't really watch this show, but she likes to glance over once in a while and her eye caught a glimpse of Laurel. Her immediate reaction was "what the hell is wrong with her face? Why is her chin longer than her forehead?"

I gave her this thread and she laughed her ass off. On behalf of her, thanks.

Tugatrix

My GF doesn't really watch this show, but she likes to glance over once in a while and her eye caught a glimpse of Laurel. Her immediate reaction was "what the hell is wrong with her face? Why is her chin longer than her forehead?"

I gave her this thread and she laughed her ass off. On behalf of her, thanks.

you're welcome

pulga

Banned
In the fiction of the show, Laurel becoming the Canary makes no sense. Oliver and Sara have multiple years of intense combat training.

this. Laurel has no business becoming BC with her shoddy self defense lessons, and at this point is just too damn old to start training :p

Caity is perfect and it'd be a crime to throw her out just because of the comic book lore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom