• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.
But she wasn't liked in season 1 either. They did their best to get Roy and Thea on a good level, but they never did that with Laurel who was disliked even a bit more than those 2 during season 1.

I didn't watch S1 with Gaf or any other online source but my impression was that she was disliked to an extent but again, that has to do with the way they wrote her. If the writers were able to redeem other characters through their writing I don't see how they couldn't do it with Laurel as well. It honestly appears like they never really tried to fully redeem her though. They occasionally do just enough for an ep or two to bring her back from the brink only to turn around and write her dis-likable again. I'm still of the belief that they're putting her through her crucible at the moment.

Dawg

Well, she's going to the AA meeting so it's a start.

She still has the drugs though... I don't think she will quit using them just yet :/

Crossposting from The Flash thread:

- EW: 'The Flash': First photo in costume
8RpcN2o.jpg

I think Thea was more disliked last season, Laurel at worst had apathy towards her character though I think it got worse near the end of the season. But most of the Laurel hate I saw last year was from "Olicity" shippers.

8RpcN2o.jpg

It's in the other thread too, but why not post here as well.

Yes, there is a lightning bolt.
Here’s the first photo of actor Grant Gustin as Barry Allen, a.k.a. superhero The Flash. For the time being, The CW and studio Warner Bros. are just revealing the mask.
First impressions: Though there is a lightning bolt, there’s no protruding ear pieces (thankfully) like in the original comic costume (see pics below). It’s traditional red, but not bright red; more subdued. The chin-guard seems handy, but might make it a little tougher to speak.
The costume was designed by three-time Oscar winner Colleen Atwood, who also designed the costumes for Arrow. Her credits also include Alice in Wonderland and Chicago. Production on The Flash pilot starts next week.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/02/28/the-flash-costume/

Edit: God, that'll show me for leaving the thread open for twenty minutes without refreshing.

ReiGun

I'm more curious to see how they're going to bring the Rogues to life than the Flash.

The-Rogues-04.jpg

Of course, I'm also more hype for the Rogues than the Flash, so hey.

ReiGun

Geoff Johns is involved with the show. Captain Cold at the very least is going to happen and they've already cast Killer Frost, Vibe, and Thawne, but you know Johns can't resist the Rogues.

Word.

Flash without the Rogues is like Superman without Luthor. You can do it, but why would you?

Clevinger

But she wasn't liked in season 1 either. They did their best to get Roy and Thea on a good level, but they never did that with Laurel who was disliked even a bit more than those 2 during season 1.

Nah. Laurel was more of a "meh," and she had a ton of defenders. She was an unoffensively boring heroine. The big turning point was almost the last scene in the season when she killed Tommy. People hated Thea last season, myself included.

Which goes to show how fast people can turn around on a character once you stop writing them like unlikable garbage. Hopefully they finally start that with Laurel.

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
I present The Torture of Oliver Queen

Oliver stood in the shadows watching Sara walk alone through the slums of the Glades. He wanted to make sure nothing bad happened to her. It was dark times, anything could happen. Not that Sara was defenseless, she could take on anyone and win, but still. Sara suddenly stopped. Something or someone repelled down wearing a garb that hid their identity. Who is that? Oliver thought.
The strange person hit the ground and took out a dagger. Sara didn’t move an inch. The strange person removed her scarf that covered the face. It was a woman. The two embraced, the woman’s dagger getting closer to Sara.
“Nyssa.” Sara said. She knew the woman by the sound of it.
“Sara, I found you at last,” Nyssa said coldly.
The two stared at each other for some time and what they did next shocked Oliver. Sara and Nyssa kissed. It wasn’t just a peck, no it was a kiss filled with passion. Lips locking, tongue moving into each other’s mouths. Oliver’s pants tightened, his arrow knocked so hard it could break something. He watched, tempted to enjoy himself, but he didn’t know how to get it out from his already too tight outfit.
Sara grabbed Nyssa and led her into the abandoned factory that was beside them. Oliver followed. Once inside Nyssa took Sara’s shirt off, after which Nyssa undressed. There was a table near by upon which Nyssa laid down Sara. Nyssa couldn’t help but admire Sara’s perky “canaries.” How she missed them.
“Touch them, Nyssa,” Sara demanded. Nyssa did as she was told. Each touch brought shivers down Sara’s spine, her body reacting to each touch upon her “canaries.”
“You have gotten so much sexier since I last saw you, Sara,” Nyssa said as she got on top of Sara and began gyrating against her. Sara tilted her head back in pleasure. Oliver couldn’t help but watch Nyssa and Sara make love in front of him. Oliver moved back but struck a rusty pipe, the clanging echoing through the empty factory.
“I see your boyfriend has followed us,” Nyssa said as she lay on top of Sara’s naked body.
“Oliver?!” Sara leaned up covering her canaries with her hands, as if Oliver hadn’t seen them before.
Oliver walked out from the shadows. Nyssa and Sara’s eyes went straight to the bulge that was trying to escape his pants. Oliver tried to look past the pair, too embarrassed to even face them.
Nyssa stood and walked to Oliver and stood there. “You! Undress now!” Nyssa demanded.
Oliver couldn’t say no and did what he was told. He removed his hood, his tight shirt and pants and boots and he stood there fully naked, his arrow fully knocked.
“You didn’t lie, Sara. He is endowed,” Nyssa said with a smile.
“Sorry, Ollie,” Sara was blushing.
Nyssa grabbed Oliver’s hand and led him to the table where Sara sat with a big grin. “Nyssa, I want you to kiss Oliver.”
Oliver turned to Sara with a puzzled look. “What? Sara what are you doing?”
“You heard the lady,” Nyssa said as she took Oliver’s head with her hands and brought his lips close to hers. They kissed. Oliver tried to turn away but Nyssa forced him back to her delicate lips.
“Sara, please my arrow is knocked so tight it’s going to spring any second,” Oliver pleaded.
Sara just stared back at Oliver with no hint of emotion; she was enjoying his torment, he just knew it. “You can’t Oliver, not without my permission.” That was all Sara had to say.
Oliver’s body tensed and he clenched his jaw.
“Looks like you have a long night ahead of you, Oliver,” Nyssa said as she pulled his arrow with a firm grip. Oliver began to sweat; he didn’t know how long he could hold out.
“What’s wrong, Ollie? Can’t take it?” Sarah grinned.
Oliver groaned at Nyssa’s every touch, tears streaming down his cheeks. He must become something else to survive this sexual torture. No amount of training could prepare him. I won’t give in, I must last, Oliver thought to himself.
“Hey Nyssa, let’s give him some help,” Sara said getting up from the table and walking over to where Sara and Ollie stood.
“What do you have in mind, Sara?” Nyssa was curious.
“How about this?” Sara turned to Nyssa and kissed her. Oliver’s face went red, the muscles in his neck throbbing. How cruel these women were. The sight of Sara and Nyssa was proving to be too much.

Nah. Laurel was more of a "meh," and she had a ton of defenders. She was an unoffensively boring heroine. The big turning point was almost the last scene in the season when she killed Tommy. People hated Thea last season, myself included.

Which goes to show how fast people can turn around on a character once you stop writing them like unlikable garbage. Hopefully they finally start that with Laurel.

Truth. I disliked Thea in Season 1 as much as I dislike Laurel now.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I propose a new tag.

Wozzly
Fanfic writing powers obtained from a Radioactive spider bite.

I know it mixes comic universes but I don't care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom