• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drakken

The whole "oh here's a second earthquake machine just sitting in Malcolm's house that the authorities forgot to repossess" came out of nowhere, it seemed like it was just made up so the stakes would be high enough for Arrow to reveal his secret identity.

Here's a good list of qualms from http://weminoredinfilm.com/2014/01/30/tv-review-arrow-tremors-s2ep12-a-shaky-table-setting-episode/

Yeah, nothing new. One thing I don't get with all the high praise here - there are a lot of silly/nonsensical moments and poorly shot/edited scenes. You have to suspend disbelief every five minutes (and to be clear, I'm not talking about the powers or comic book-y stuff). Arrow is a lot of fun, but a tightly written & believably shot show this is not.

Fyi, I don't know anything about the original comics so the "Wow!" factor some people get to experience from seeing characters and events they know is sadly lost on me.

And the end of the episode cut away before Ollie and Sara started having sex on the salmon ladder.

Hahaha

(Almost caught up; only one episode to go!)

R U OKAY NTGYK? POST IF U R OK!

boyd1m5ks5.gif

Yeah, nothing new. One thing I don't get with all the high praise here - there are a lot of silly/nonsensical moments and poorly shot/edited scenes. You have to suspend disbelief every five minutes (and to be clear, I'm not talking about the powers or comic book-y stuff). Arrow is a lot of fun, but a tightly written & believably shot show this is not.

But it moves so fast and keeps it fun, so lots of the minor silly things they do to keep it moving fast and fun are overlooked. I am also not all that familiar with most of the D-List characters they bring to the show, but just the fact that they are willing to go there, has ArrowGAF excited, which gets me all caught up in the HYPE. It's a comic book brought to TV, and they probably couldn't have done it much better on a CWTV budget, so I'm happy with what they are doing so far.

but you stuck with it, so I'm sure you feel somewhat the same way.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Got a lend of the Season 1 DVD from a work buddy just before xmas, randomly, and since we didnt have any tv, binge watched it, disc at a time. I had nothing but low expectations but holy fuck the show caught me off guard and blew me away! Watched up until the mid season, just after xmas and finally this week now, watched all the remaining episodes.

Finally caught up to ARROWGAF and tv pace, looking forward to watching the show "live" now! :)

Got a lend of the Season 1 DVD from a work buddy just before xmas, randomly, and since we didnt have any tv, binge watched it, disc at a time. I had nothing but low expectations but holy fuck the show caught me off guard and blew me away! Watched up until the mid season, just after xmas and finally this week now, watched all the remaining episodes.

Finally caught up to ARROWGAF and tv pace, looking forward to watching the show "live" now! :)

Welcome to ArrowGAF! Enjoy the fanfiction, GIFs, and get Radioactive into your head :)

ReiGun

Welcome to the New Age.

Some new info from Ask Ausiello this week. The first of which I'm really intrigued by, because I'm not so sure what he's talking about.

Question: Are we going to see or learn more about Felicity’s parents this season on Arrow? –Anna
Ausiello: It all depends on whether you subscribe to one of the theories that’s been floating around the Internet. Because if you do, this week’s outstanding, edge-of-your-seat episode, “The Promise,” drops some new knowledge.

Question: Now that Arrow‘s Oliver knows Moira had an affair with Malcolm Merlyn, is there any hope for a reconciliation between mother and son? –Nikki
Ausiello: From all appearances, not any time soon — especially given his behavior this Wednesday in the presence of mom’s rakish new friend, Mr. Slade Wilson.

Tabby

Some new info from Ask Ausiello this week. The first of which I'm really intrigued by, because I'm not so sure what he's talking about.

Question: Are we going to see or learn more about Felicity’s parents this season on Arrow? –Anna
Ausiello: It all depends on whether you subscribe to one of the theories that’s been floating around the Internet. Because if you do, this week’s outstanding, edge-of-your-seat episode, “The Promise,” drops some new knowledge.

Question: Now that Arrow‘s Oliver knows Moira had an affair with Malcolm Merlyn, is there any hope for a reconciliation between mother and son? –Nikki
Ausiello: From all appearances, not any time soon — especially given his behavior this Wednesday in the presence of mom’s rakish new friend, Mr. Slade Wilson.

Does anyone understand the first question?
What theory is he on about?

I came here to see a response to the 3 minute clip, I am satisfied.

Although that last 1 minute clip,
Caity isn't selling with her "Slade is alive?!" face

But hey, if that entire 3 minute clip is in tomorrows episode?

I just do not know what I would do.

Kard8p3

Pretty sure that trailer covers the next few episodes.

There is no way that is all in one episode. That would be too much for one episode. That has to be for the remainder of the season.

Why can't these shows release Netflix style?

Tabby

I know exactly what you mean, looks to me like she's trying not to laugh.It's okay though, I love her anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom