• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

MC_Hify

You know, even after all this I still don't buy the "Oliver chose Sara" idea. What happened was that he couldn't make a choice, Ivo pointed the gun at Sara first and Oliver got between them. Does anyone really think that if he had pointed at Shado first he wouldn't have gotten in front of her? But I guess they story needs a reason for Slade to hate Oliver that the audience wouldn't hate Oliver for.

Bluth54

I figured in the trailer that
hand with the nail polish had to be female. It being Harley Quinn seems like a stretch. Aren't there any other female villains it could be? Then again they did pull Ras so why not.

Well Harley Quinn is in the Suicide Squad so I think it's a good bet it's her

You know, even after all this I still don't buy the "Oliver chose Sara" idea. What happened was that he couldn't make a choice, Ivo pointed the gun at Sara first and Oliver got between them. Does anyone really think that if he had pointed at Shado first he wouldn't have gotten in front of her? But I guess they story needs a reason for Slade to hate Oliver that the audience wouldn't hate Oliver for.

Yeah I just thought he was trying to put himself in front of the bullet

This. I'm actually surprised he didn't try to convince Slade by telling him that. Doesn't even matter if it is true or not, but it certainly would be a convincing argument and in the end it wouldn't matter because island Slade is pretty much off the rails.

Clevinger

Pretty good. I don't think they did a very good job of selling Slade's reasons for revenge though.

Really sell that "Oh god no" sara.

That made me laugh. So bad.

Oh come on that's
totally Harley!

And I am so damn excited

I wouldn't be surprised if they just walk by her cell with her back turned and they give a passing line of dialogue about her being too crazy to work with and that's it. Then next season they might cast her for real and she gets her own episode.

inm8num2

Best episode yet? Me the entire time:

01QvdBS.gif

I really should stay out of this thread to avoid spoilers but I needed to say that I just watched the season 1 finale, and it was fucking awesome. That is all.

Yeah, that doesn't mix well with the scene since it didn't look at all like Oliver was trying to protect Sara and more just trying to get in between both of them and the gun... Did Ivo have the gun pointed at Sara at that moment? Curious to see where they go with the island stuff with Ollie a prisoner of Slade. I guess Sara being on the island will be his motivation to go back and then that's when Sara will "die" again.

With this thing about Ivo having a sick daughter I'm now going to suspect that she's Isabel Rochev though that doesn't mix with the comic version, they really haven't used her in awhile so who knows WTF is going on with that plot point it's been so long it's starting to feel like it was dropped.

Couldn't find any reference to Reverend Flynn, so looks like a new character or he's hiding his identity.

I'm gonna guess that "Thomas Flynn" (that was the name he gave, wasn't it?) is possibly Reverend Billy Miggs or their version at least. I think it fits because he's a GA character based in Star City so I imagine they'll get to him at some point.

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/William_Miggs_(New_Earth)

With dat preview
99% sure that's Harley, I wonder if that means the Joker is out there and Batman has actually been around awhile but they just haven't established that fact because it'd be weird to have Harley without Joker existing which in turn would be weird without Batman existing.

One of the many moments in the episode where I was giggling like an idiot. Slade knows he is the boss here, and is SO enjoying just fucking with Oliver.

And damn, did the Amell Hype Train(tm) deliver with this episode. Fucking awesome. And love how it sets up the rest of the season. They know Slade is in town, and they know that he is going to fuck their world up. BIG TIME.

Also, dat preview!

Clevinger

With this thing about Ivo having a sick daughter I'm now going to suspect that she's Isabel Rochev though that doesn't mix with the comic version, they really haven't used her in awhile so who knows WTF is going on with that plot point it's been so long it's starting to feel like it was dropped.

I thought his wife was sick. Sounded like early onset Alzheimer's or something from their conversation.

Good lord was Ollie shook throughout this episode, Ollie's not manu enough for Slade yet.

No one is Manu enough for Slade.

Yeah, I still have a stupid grin on my face after that episode. Just an overload of awesome from Manu Bennett. He was suave, intimidating, and scary all at once. He knew he was in total control of the situation, and no one can stop him. I absolutely love it.

And yeah, he was VERY surprised to see Sara there. But you know that he just found his new target. She is first on the hit list now.

And why would he be shocked to see her? Probably because he kills her on the island. That would explain why Ollie thought she was dead, and why Slade is surprised to see her now. Now Slade just has to make sure he does it right this time.

Damn this island episode even exceeded the one from season 1. Promo for the next episode has me hyped and hoping that
Harley Quinn will be in the suicide squad.

Khezu

Slade knew she was alive, I think he was just shocked she was there and trying to intimidate him along with Roy.

I don't think he realizes she is the Canary or about her whole stint as a member of the league.

Also, speaking of the league, since Ollie is probably going to need some back up for Slade, he should inform Merlyn someone is going after his daughter. I don't think Meryln would be the type to hold a grudge against Ollie, he seemed to really like him, and he technically sorta won in the end anyway.

Barzul

I find it hard to believe Ollie didn't notice Slade putting up all those cameras. Especially how nervous he was about Slade being there.

inm8num2

I find it hard to believe Ollie didn't notice Slade putting up all those cameras. Especially how nervous he was about Slade being there.

I chalk it up to Ollie being distracted by Slade showing up like that, not being sure how to process everything just yet. Maybe Ollie or someone else will notice the cameras in an episode or two.

Slade knew she was alive, I think he was just shocked she was there and trying to intimidate him along with Roy.

I don't think he realizes she is the Canary or about her whole stint as a member of the league.

Also, speaking of the league, since Ollie is probably going to need some back up for Slade, he should inform Merlyn someone is going after his daughter. I don't think Meryln would be the type to hold a grudge against Ollie, he seemed to really like him, and he technically sorta won in the end anyway.

Would require Ollie telling his mother who Slade is since he doesn't know Malcolm Merlyn is alive.

Ollie thinks Merlyn is dead though. Moira hasn't told him.

Khezu

Oh right, it's been so long I forgot he still doesn't know.

Well I hope he shows up anyway to save her, would be the best way for her to find out.

Deadly

Dark Archer vs Deathstroke. DO IT.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
I think someone already thought about it before, but (spoiling just because it'll probably be true in some form or another)
Oliver and Merlyn will have to fight side by side because Slade hurt/threatened Thea.
Would make for a pretty awesome final fight.

Just watched the ep.. had some really weird pacing and lines. They spent a lot of time in weird spots. The Island had a bit too much time spent pre-action this ep. Introducing more characters whose payoff could be who knows when. The weirdest spot to me though was Ollie calling Felicity. A lot of time spent showing the scene of what the Arrow crew does when Ollie's busy brooding and telling his mother how angry he is with her... only to have a really oddly fast reveal from Sara of "That's Slade Wilson and if we don't stop him he'll kill Olivers entire family!" It was delivered quickly but without real urgency or weight.I don't know it might just be nitpicky but it's something that immediately stood out and bugged me.

Action was good when it got going though.

Rokam

Just watched the ep.. had some really weird pacing and lines. They spent a lot of time in weird spots. The Island had a bit too much time spent pre-action this ep. Introducing more characters whose payoff could be who knows when. The weirdest spot to me though was Ollie calling Felicity. A lot of time spent showing the scene of what the Arrow crew does when Ollie's busy brooding and telling his mother how angry he is with her... only to have a really oddly fast reveal from Sara of "That's Slade Wilson and if we don't stop him he'll kill Olivers entire family!" It was delivered quickly but without real urgency or weight.I don't know it might just be nitpicky but it's something that immediately stood out and bugged me.

Action was good when it got going though.

The line was awful and the camera zoom in just made it worse. Cringed every time I saw the previews for the episode.

Clevinger

only to have a really oddly fast reveal from Sara of "That's Slade Wilson and if we don't stop him he'll kill Olivers entire family!" It was delivered quickly but without real urgency or weight.I don't know it might just be nitpicky but it's something that immediately stood out and bugged me.

Nah. Bad writing and bad acting. Not nitpicky.

Caramello

Definitely the best episode of the series so far! The great thing is that there is still so much more room for improvement in a lot of areas of the show but the bad thing is I don't think they can top Slade as a villain.

demolitio

Glad it lived up to the hype. Slade is a masterful troll.

Thank you CW for finally making a show that I enjoy watching. Now if only they had an HD channel on DirecTV.

awesome fucking episode. just two things:

A) I really don't like the reason why they made slade hate ollie so much, it could easily be explained by oliver in like a minute. but i guess it's a bit more reasonable that the mirakuru (oh god) made slade blind to reason.

B) sara with her "oh god". lmao. kind of killed the momentum of the scene.

I could really watch a show of Slade trolling Ollie wherever he goes.

Ollie gets a haircut, Slade is the barber.

Ollie orders a pizza, Slade is the pizza boy.

Ollie heads into a Queens Consolidated meeting, Slade is on the Board of Directors.

Another dinner with the Lance family, Laurel invites Slade.

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
My body was not ready for this episode. It was so good, but next weeks!! The hype continues. I don't know if I'll survive the rest of this season. It just keeps on delivering. Enjoyed the flashbacks and Sara's delivery back at TeamArrow HQ was kinda flat, but oh well.

The scenes with Slade with that swag and Oliver at the house...omg that tension. Can't wait to see Slade and Ollie go at it.

tumblr_mno8f0Xb5L1rkyum0o1_500.gif

Wiktor

You don't need to actually be guilty to feel guilty. Oliver has the tendency to blame himself for everything. And Ivo exploited it.

Anyway, that was incredible episode. Just incredible. And yeah, I have no clue how they will ever manage to top Slade as a villain. Ra's will have to be mindblowing.
Manu's been acting the hell out of this role. So much swag. The tension in the mansion was suffocating. Plus I love how you can tell Slade still has some warm older brother feelings about Olie. Sure, he will slaughter his entire family, but underneath all this rage there are some remains of warmth left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom