• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry to say but these last two episodes have seriously disappointed me. There is too much padding, too much weak acting, and too much nonsense. Why is Sarah walking around acting like "I'm no hero?" You've been playing the superhero bit, for what about a year now? Did they really need to do all that just so her stupid sister can go "she's The Canary!" *MASSIVE FACEPALM*

I've also always had a spot for Laurel and usually like her bits but these past weeks she is just insufferable she serves no point to the story, she just runs around with Oliver and the runs around with Sarah doing nothing, she has no point. Why they couldn't construct a suitable plot for her to do something in this time is beyond me, maybe it'll happen in the finale but it doesn't change the fact that she is useless as of now.

And then we have ARGUS and Amanda Waller, WTF!!!!! Who allowed this stupidity into the show? She's going to bomb the city? Who the fuck gave her that authorization? These Slade soldiers aren't a zombie infection, they are a finite group of people that can be taken down by goddamn arrows and bullets or a couple of grenades. Yet somehow she feels she can bomb the city, which will magically ensure they are all dead including everyone in Starling City, and just walk away. Again, who the hell would authorize such a plan? No sane U.S. politician would do such a thing, "sorry American people we had to kill hundred of thousands of innocent civilians to kill a couple dozen roided out masked men..." Hey Waller, how about you take those hundreds of trained soldiers you got, send them in the city, and start shooting all the bad guys. That is a more plausible scenario, and then you could have Ollie being concerned that ARGUS would be too indiscriminate with is use of force and thus wants them to delay going in, again something that makes sense.

There are so many things that upset me about this episode but I think it can all be summed up as a waste of time. The entire episode was a holding pattern for the finale. Ollie learns of the cure, he loses the cure, but gets it just in time before the episode ends. Merlin shows up and saves his daughter, she runs away, they meet again just before the episode ends and before he can team up with Oliver, etc. Fuck, even the Island flashback scenes were useless and could be skipped.

This finale better be goddamn amazing or they will have just screwed up some amazing buildup from all the episodes prior into a super lackluster finale.

I agree with this post.

Dunlop

I'm sorry to say but these last two episodes have seriously disappointed me. There is too much padding, too much weak acting, and too much nonsense. Why is Sarah walking around acting like "I'm no hero?" You've been playing the superhero bit, for what about a year now? Did they really need to do all that just so her stupid sister can go "she's The Canary!" *MASSIVE FACEPALM*

I've also always had a spot for Laurel and usually like her bits but these past weeks she is just insufferable she serves no point to the story, she just runs around with Oliver and the runs around with Sarah doing nothing, she has no point. Why they couldn't construct a suitable plot for her to do something in this time is beyond me, maybe it'll happen in the finale but it doesn't change the fact that she is useless as of now.

And then we have ARGUS and Amanda Waller, WTF!!!!! Who allowed this stupidity into the show? She's going to bomb the city? Who the fuck gave her that authorization? These Slade soldiers aren't a zombie infection, they are a finite group of people that can be taken down by goddamn arrows and bullets or a couple of grenades. Yet somehow she feels she can bomb the city, which will magically ensure they are all dead including everyone in Starling City, and just walk away. Again, who the hell would authorize such a plan? No sane U.S. politician would do such a thing, "sorry American people we had to kill hundred of thousands of innocent civilians to kill a couple dozen roided out masked men..." Hey Waller, how about you take those hundreds of trained soldiers you got, send them in the city, and start shooting all the bad guys. That is a more plausible scenario, and then you could have Ollie being concerned that ARGUS would be too indiscriminate with is use of force and thus wants them to delay going in, again something that makes sense.

There are so many things that upset me about this episode but I think it can all be summed up as a waste of time. The entire episode was a holding pattern for the finale. Ollie learns of the cure, he loses the cure, but gets it just in time before the episode ends. Merlin shows up and saves his daughter, she runs away, they meet again just before the episode ends and before he can team up with Oliver, etc. Fuck, even the Island flashback scenes were useless and could be skipped.

This finale better be goddamn amazing or they will have just screwed up some amazing buildup from all the episodes prior into a super lackluster finale.
Totally agree

Effect

Just finished watching. Amanda's plan is the stupidest ever. It makes no sense.

Scorched earth policy. You can't let Slade's people out of the city. She feels they're that big of a threat vs the lives of the people in the city. Many of home are likely already fleeing the city anyway.Her reasoning makes sense I feel. Don't agree with it. It can be seen as THE one way to know for certain the threat is contained and that's what she wants. She needs that certainty. However it's a prime example of overkill.

xenist

They're meat and bone. I doubt even someone enhanced by Miracuru can survive a 40mm HE in the chest or getting shredded by a 50 cal. Amanda's plan is dumb.

I feel like Waller is doing the basic "overkill/scorched Earth" policy you see in movies and shows with an Infection/Invasion plot. To prevent shit from getting worse, military/military-government types decide that the only way to contain the threat is to annihilate the area it's in.

Hell, we saw it in The Avengers w/ the Chitauri and the WSC. No one's claiming it's a good plan - in fact the immediate reaction is always WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU NO.

Replicant

And finally, Guggenheim posted the Season Finale poster:

BnJkvCCIIAQTWcL.jpg:large

ikvY5MoJMQh4.gif

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I feel like Waller is doing the basic "overkill/scorched Earth" policy you see in movies and shows with an Infection/Invasion plot. To prevent shit from getting worse, military/military-government types decide that the only way to contain the threat is to annihilate the area it's in.

Hell, we saw it in The Avengers w/ the Chitauri and the WSC. No one's claiming it's a good plan - in fact the immediate reaction is always WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU NO.

Yeah, the problem here is that they are still a small bunch of roided up thugs. The army (any army) would pick them appart by shooting them with high caliber ordnance from afar. Worst case scenario, they need to call some choppers in. There's zero reason to close the city and let it burn besides writers having a hard on with the idea of recreating another TDKR-like scenario.

Honestly, this episode bummed me out a little bit. The action was great, but other than that Arrow has done better.

zeemumu

I love how Waller technically isn't supposed to exist but everyone knows where she is and how to contact her private number. When are we gonna get Harley in the Suicide Squad?

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I love how Waller technically isn't supposed to exist but everyone knows where she is and how to contact her private number. When are we gonna get Harley in the Suicide Squad?

Yet she can mobilise a secret army big enough to lock down a major American city.

Okay.

Dunlop

Scorched earth policy. You can't let Slade's people out of the city. She feels they're that big of a threat vs the lives of the people in the city. Many of home are likely already fleeing the city anyway.Her reasoning makes sense I feel. Don't agree with it. It can be seen as THE one way to know for certain the threat is contained and that's what she wants. She needs that certainty. However it's a prime example of overkill.

One on one (or two or three), these guys are a problem. But there are so many options to be able to disable them. They are flesh and bone
Right now the damage they are doing is because of the chaos they initially caused and civilians are "fleeing" (these guys seem to move at a crawl, how they are catching anyone is beyond me).
A organized military unit (like the highly trained one Amanda controls) would easily be able to take these guys as they are slothing around the streets in plain view of everyone. They could validate the "kill" as they would have eyes one it.
Vaporizing a city would be impossible to have any guaranty any of the kills (they started out in subway tunnels to meet) and also the small side effect of killing half a million people.

I now it's a comic book character, but the story arc with Slade was so awesome that this lazy ass conclusion is highly disappointing.

I've entered bizarro land where I am enjoying Agents of Shield more..pinch me I need to wake up!

Khezu

I think the scorched earth policy is because she doesn't want any of the thugs to escape the city, she wants them all dead.

By themselves they are not much of a threat, but if someone captured them, they could use them as a basis to make an army of of super soldiers. Even just one of them surviving is too much risk.

I skipped trough it in the comic store. Really nice artstyle. But currently I am buying Jonah Hex Comics, the Forever Evil stuff and Batman Eternal. Also I have my eyes on Swamp Thing thanks to ComicdickwavingcontestGAF.
Is it any good?

I've only read the latest issue just to see how it looks like.

Or if Warner Bros would go and make the lower budget action movies from lesser known characters...get Manu to be Deathstroke and get Gareth Evans or Isaac Florentine as director.

After seeing the raid 2, a Deathstroke movie filmed in indonesia with Gareth Evans at the helm would blow MINDS! Also after Arrow, I am not sure I will be able to imagine anyone but Manu playing Slade for a long time...

Chariot

After seeing the raid 2, a Deathstroke movie filmed in indonesia with Gareth Evans at the helm would blow MINDS! Also after Arrow, I am not sure I will be able to imagine anyone but Manu playing Slade for a long time...
Holy cow. The Raid with the Suicide Squad would be awesome. Maybe they have to bust Bane or Blackmask. Let me dream

Unai

To anyone interested in reading the comics, start from issue #17 of the New 52 series. Before that is not worth wasting time and money in any of the previous in the New 52.

From #17 and beyond is actually really, really good. And the art is awsome.

Joni

They should do it. And they had plants for smaller movies, so I'm wondering what happened to that.

Darksol

For me, that was the worst episode of the series so far. For the first time, it felt like a really cheesy TV show. Shitty dialog, too many cringeworthy I believe in you segments, and just far too busy to the point where no story really got enough attention. The only part of the story I felt was done decently this episode were the flashbacks.

I'm sure the finale will be great though, and I still overwhelmingly love this show. I just thought this episode was shit.

zeemumu

I want a sound clip of Slade saying "CHOOOOOOOOSE" to play at times when my friends or family can't make up their mind about something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom