• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL, Bone. Hulk's got nothing on Ollie.

I wonder who the villain will be next season. What I loved about this season is that the Slade arc actually starts all the way back in the first season and is its own supervillain origin story told alongside Oliver's. But this season hasn't started a new character arc to foreshadow a new villain for season 3 so they'll have to start from scratch, unless they use an organisation like HIVE or the League of Shadows.

I hope they split the flashbacks and present day story again. Having another person that Ollie met on the island conveniently show up in Starling City five years later would be repetitive. Maybe they could have links, as long as they don't share the villain.

There's lots of options out there to use or reinvent. I'd be fine seeing either of these:

dark_knight_trilogy_mond_artcards_rhas.png

3014634-redhood_18.jpg

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Got a puppy, named him Oliver. And yes, I call him Oli :p

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
The mention of Oliver's kid this season makes me think there might be a time jump at the beginning of next season to work him in. Not sure how well that would go over though, pure speculation.

Volotaire

The mention of Oliver's kid this season makes me think there might be a time jump at the beginning of next season to work him in. Not sure how well that would go over though, pure speculation.

Well he would be 5 years on the island +1 year for season 1 duration - Season 2 + another year? We don't know the timescale of when Oliver got that girl pregnant, but we could assume it was pretty close to the island shipwreck. So he's around 7 already. I think they might save it for future seasons since they've still got a few good angles to work with i.e. the League of Assassins, Flash, etc.

Plus there was an interview for Season 3: Spoilers o the interview

The start of the next season's tone would deal with the financial circumstances of Oliver and its relation with his team i.e. Felcity's and Diggle's payroll. This would probably occur after a short time after this season considering the circumstances of the last few episodes.

EDIT: I'm not too familiar with the Arrow comic storyline except for what has been mentioned in this thread and the main points/characters, so sorry for any ignorance that has been displayed here.

I'm down for next season to be, err, "inspired by" TDK and Arkham Origins. Ollie fighting the organized crime groups; Russian mob, Triads, Huntress' dad's group. They hire assassins to take out The Arrow. Stuff. Season finale is Super Max.

The first 5 seasons are great (aside from few weaker initial episodes). I genuinelly believe this was the best show of this type. Besting even Buffy and Angel.

After the 5 years arc is done the quality fell down like hell in S6, but improved bit in s7, then bit in S8 and S9. As it's not it's a decent show, but not much beyond that. But the first 5 years are incredible.
This. Supernatural 1-5 were fantastic. Great characters, smart mix of story arcs and monster-of-the-week episodes, good action. And then they had to ruin it by taking a season 5 ending that perfectly ended the series and continuing the show. They had a five season plan, too bad it couldn't have been like Breaking Bad and stuck with that original plan

Wiktor

This. Supernatural 1-5 were fantastic. Great characters, smart mix of story arcs and monster-of-the-week episodes, good action. And then they had to ruin it by taking a seasons 5 ending that perfectly ended the series and continuing the show. They had a five season plan, too bad it couldn't have been like Breaking Bad and stuck with that original plan

I think the show allowed for further contination. The problem is that then they should have made another 5 years plan. In S8 and S9 there are shades of brilliance in form of Men of Letters. This is how the 5 years arc should be. Fresh, more pulpy, moving towards nazis, secret cults etc. Instead they also continue heavy focus on angels and demons, which at this point isn't even 5% as interesting as it uded to be.

Replicant

They turned Supernatural from a horror-based show into a crappy brotherly angst show thanks to the fangirls. I'm no longer here for that shit.

I think the show allowed for further contination. The problem is that then they should have made another 5 years plan. In S8 and S9 there are shades of brilliance in form of Men of Letters. This is how the 5 years arc should be. Fresh, more pulpy, moving towards nazis, secret cults etc. Instead they also continue heavy focus on angels and demons, which at this point isn't even 5% as interesting as it uded to be.

They turned Supernatural from a horror-based show into a crappy brotherly angst show thanks to the fangirls. I'm no longer here for that shit.

Agreed on both counts.

I'm down for next season to be, err, "inspired by" TDK and Arkham Origins. Ollie fighting the organized crime groups; Russian mob, Triads, Huntress' dad's group. They hire assassins to take out The Arrow. Stuff. Season finale is Super Max.

I'd be down with that.

How about... Season 3 is downtrodden homeless Ollie fighting barebones. Season 4 is him back to form, however the city is besieged with villains, Season 4 ends with Oliver's identity exposed and him sent to prison. Season 5 is SuperMAX.

Wiktor

I'd be down with that.

How about... Season 3 is downtrodden homeless Ollie fighting barebones. Season 4 is him back to form, however the city is besieged with villains, Season 4 ends with Oliver's identity exposed and him sent to prison. Season 5 is SuperMAX.
I think SuperMax should be the very end indeed, because he needs to make up a lot more enemies to throw into prison with him.

I think SuperMax should be the very end indeed, because he needs to make up a lot more enemies to throw into prison with him.

SuperMAX as the end would be perfect, and it would end with him triumphant as The Green Arrow. Not The Hood, or the Vigilante, or The Arrow... but the Green Arrow.

Whether it goes for five years, or they go ten like Supernatural and Smallville, SuperMAX is the perfect way to finish it. I hope they adequately plan out past the five year plan unlike Supernatural and Smallville. Smallville and Supernatural just wound up spinning their wheels and wasting time. I hope Arrow keeps on being imaginative and actually has a plan in place.

Mario007

I kinda just want the show to finish after 5 seasons. They have a good pitch of the last and first scene being the same and honestly having too many seasons would definitely reflect on the quality. Finish off with Arrow and tackle some other DC superhero and let Ollie cameo in other shows.

Exactly the reason I stopped watching after Season 5. It's like seeing Dean say "How can I trust you, Sam?" again and again and again. The whole angels and demons thing got tiring as well so I was left with no desire to continue.

Kevin

Exactly the reason I stopped watching after Season 5. It's like seeing Dean say "How can I trust you, Sam?" again and again and again. The whole angels and demons thing got tiring as well so I was left with no desire to continue.

Supernatural is a weird situation for me. Was one of my favorite shows of all time and is now barely watchable. The sad thing is, there are still strong episodes on a rare occasion and even some decent new mythology added to the mix (Men of Letters, the First Blade) so I can't help but keep watching. Even when we get episodes like, "Bloodlines" which wouldn't even make the cut as a filler episode on The Vampire Diaries.

Arrow on he other hand has been super consistent but in all fairness, isn't in it's 9th season run like Supernatural. Really hope Arrow can maintain the quality that this season delivered, in the seasons to come.

I'd be down with that.

i would buy the series boxset if they went with this idea. would be so good.

ReiGun

It's late and I'm bored. So let's fanfic season synopsis's.

Season 3 "The Longbow Hunters": Broke-Ollie and crew have to fend off a group of mercenaries who come to be called the Longbow Hunters. Their leader, Richard Dragon, is looking to claim control of Starling's underworld in the carnage left by the earthquake machine and Slade's rampage, and on their itinerary is taking out the Arrow. Back on the island, Oliver receives further training by a man named Magus, who tells Oliver about more of the secrets his father took with him to the grave. The island plot leads directly into Season 4, which is...

Season 4 "The Outsiders War": Spear. Shield. Ax. Fist. Sword. Arrow. The Outsiders are a secret society comprised of clans based around six totem weapons. Where they are once a pillar of good, the clans have long since become corrupted. The new leader of the Arrow clan, Komodo, has declared war on the now rich again Oliver Queen, whom he believes is the key to finding the lost totem Arrow. It's an all out war as Team Arrow tries to find allies among the clans and stop Komodo's plot to destroy several major cities across the globe with biological weapons. On the island...Idk. Stuff happens. lol I guess they could do something with Waller and Ollie knowing each other from the island days. Anyway, this all leads to season 5...

Season 5 "SuperMax": Following the events of the Outsiders War, Oliver Queen's identity has been revealed and after pleading guilty to his crimes as the Arrow, he is locked away in the now ARGUS-controlled Blackgate Prison. Resigned to his fate, Oliver is content to simply live out his sentence until the city is plunged into chaos by the HIVE, who are using Starling as a testing ground by supplying the underworld with advanced weaponry. With everything going to hell, Oliver plots to escape from the prison and save his city once more. On the outside, all the heroes we've seen over the past four seasons try to maintain the peace until Ollie escapes: Diggle, Felicity, Dec. Lance, Black Canary and Huntress (who now call themselves the Birds of Prey and are assisted by an unseen third party known as "The Oracle"), Thea (now Speedy/Arrowette/Artemis [pick-the-name-you-like-best], after being trained by Malcolm), Roy (now Arsenal, who is convinced by Thea to come help) and Katana (head of the Sword Clan). The island scenes are just small vignettes of a now totally isolated Oliver trying to survive that tie into each episode thematically.

The first scene of the series finale is the first scene of the series premiere, with Oliver leaving the island, making it the last flashback. Oliver and the rest of the heroes triumph over the HIVE. Waller is able to pull some strings and make Ollie a free man.* The Birds of Prey decide to stick around and become Starling's new protectors, despite Oracle's objections. Thea, declining an offer to join the Birds, says her fighting days are behind her and she leaves Starling for good after making peace with her brother. Roy returns to his new home in Coast City; he's worried about his daughter Lian because he had to leave her with her mother since his "other friends" weren't available. Felicity gets a nice job at Star Labs, where she's free to get friendzoned by Barry Allen now instead of Ollie. Diggle puts his soldier days behind him and settles down with his ex-wife. Ollie, deciding that Starling is safe with the Birds, leaves to travel the country in search of others who may need The Green Arrow's help. Accompanying him is the friend he made in Season 4, a test pilot named Hal Jordan. Series end.

*Or if you like your endings a bit bleaker, Ollie returns to prison and simply lives out his sentence, content that he managed to save the city one last time. Everyone else gets to be happy though.

I wonder who the villain will be next season. What I loved about this season is that the Slade arc actually starts all the way back in the first season and is its own supervillain origin story told alongside Oliver's. But this season hasn't started a new character arc to foreshadow a new villain for season 3 so they'll have to start from scratch, unless they use an organisation like HIVE or the League of Shadows.

I hope they split the flashbacks and present day story again. Having another person that Ollie met on the island conveniently show up in Starling City five years later would be repetitive. Maybe they could have links, as long as they don't share the villain.

Waller and al Ghul.

Supernatural is a weird situation for me. Was one of my favorite shows of all time and is now barely watchable. The sad thing is, there are still strong episodes on a rare occasion and even some decent new mythology added to the mix (Men of Letters, the First Blade) so I can't help but keep watching. Even when we get episodes like, "Bloodlines" which wouldn't even make the cut as a filler episode on The Vampire Diaries.

Arrow on he other hand has been super consistent but in all fairness, isn't in it's 9th season run like Supernatural. Really hope Arrow can maintain the quality that this season delivered, in the seasons to come.

I understand. It's a shame that the strong episodes are stuck among a lot of weaker eps. Unfortunately, I barely have time for other things (work, video games, other recreation) so I'm better off not watching the show and allot the time for the ones I'm yet to see.

Believe it or not, I'm just about to start watching Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead. I only watch TV series if they've gone past three seasons as I prefer to watch them one episodes after another. There are very few exceptions to the rule (Arrow is obviously among them) and they're usually the ones I saw the pilot episodes with friends.

Arrow is still a good show. The episodes leading to the upcoming finale are quite honestly disappointing (at least for me) so I hope the last one for this season would make up for that.

Wiktor

I kinda just want the show to finish after 5 seasons. They have a good pitch of the last and first scene being the same and honestly having too many seasons would definitely reflect on the quality. Finish off with Arrow and tackle some other DC superhero and let Ollie cameo in other shows.

I say finish the S5 and move him to movies :)

Blader

This season set up the League of Assassins (reviving Malcolm and introducing Nyssa as gateways to that group) and Amanda Waller/ARGUS, who likely haves ties to Fyers' crew from S1. So I'd think either Waller or Ra's as the main villain of S3 makes sense.

I'd be down with that.

I'd like to see a SuperMAX season, but I don't know if I'd want the last year used on that. Doesn't seem finale-ish to me.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
This season set up the League of Assassins (reviving Malcolm and introducing Nyssa as gateways to that group) and Amanda Waller/ARGUS, who likely haves ties to Fyers' crew from S1. So I'd think either Waller or Ra's as the main villain of S3 makes sense.

I'd like to see a SuperMAX season, but I don't know if I'd want the last year used on that. Doesn't seem finale-ish to me.

The very last shot of this show should be Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman looking over Starling City, Ollie rolling up to them and says 'beat it. This is my city. I've got this.'

That's unfortunate to hear. Maybe it was best if they stuck with 6 episodes per season. When it's bad, is it in a sense that some of the episodes feel like they're just fillers? Maybe I'll find out for myself soon. Hearing about this made me put it in the backburner. I'll watch all aired episodes of Game of Thrones for now.

Joni

That's unfortunate to hear. Maybe it was best if they stuck with 6 episodes per season. When it's bad, is it in a sense that some of the episodes feel like they're just fillers? Maybe I'll find out for myself soon. Hearing about this made me put it in the backburner. I'll watch all aired episodes of Game of Thrones for now.
Those episodes are bad because nothing happens, characters cause drama because they don't talk to each other, nothing much makes sense, ...

Those episodes are bad because nothing happens, characters cause drama because they don't talk to each other, nothing much makes sense, ...

Ugh, exactly what I hate on a TV series. Yep, that's it. I'm putting that on the backburner and just watch it when there's nothing else to watch (which is almost next to never).

the pilot was good, everything after is varying levels of terrible

alternatively, GoT might be the best show on tv

I saw the pilot episode, enjoyed it, and thought it had potential to be great. And looks like that exactly happened. I'll be starting my GoT marathon next weekend and I cannot wait. I need something to tide me over until the premiere of the fall shows.

Sorry to have gone off-topic. I tried to say something related to Arrow but there's just none at this point that hasn't already been said.

ReiGun

I thought the first season of Walking Dead was pretty good. Couldn't make it through the second season and nothing I've heard has me rushing to go back to the show.

Avixph

It would be cool if season 3 or follow up seasons was based on the Outsiders war from the New 52 Green Arrow comic.

The Outsiders are a secret society composed of various clans built around ancient totem weapons. They started fighting the corruption and evil around the world but sadly after a time ended up splitting apart along with corrupting themselves as well. They are composed of various clans that are each a symbol of ancient totem weapons these weapons are Arrow, Sword, Spear, Axe, Fist, Shield and Mask they are lead by a man named Golgotha. He and the rest of The Outsiders are currently active at there main headquarters in Prague. Each of The Outsiders various Clan's Totems are ancient relics that say bring true enlightenment and immortality to it's holder.
Source.

3481810-green+arrow+01.jpg

3555344-green+arrrow.jpg

3618524-green+arrow.jpg

3675893-green+arrow.jpg

It would be a perfect fit for the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom