• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joni

I just saw The Dark Knight Rises again yesterday, and I realized season 2 of Arrow is actually the better version of The Dark Knight Rises. I love Tom Hardy in that movie, but Manu brings way more swag to the role. The way the show is set up versus the movie also allows us to see why Slade is stronger and smarter than Oliver. We're supposed to accept Bane is both to Batman. The coming back from retirement for Arrow and him rising up to be a hero; the crazy girl behind the man, the female sidekick that is not quite good; the Scarecrow like helper, the lame way the second in command is killed.

Clevinger

I rewatched the finale and noticed that the news scroll on tv once again had the "League champion set to retire after storied career takes him across the globe" line that was there a handful of eps ago.

Ted Grant/Wildcat's comin yall.

Edit: and the showrunner teased something earlier in the season about how Oliver isn't
the first vigilante. I'm wondering if they're talking about Wildcat.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Finally catching up and dear god I just got to the confession with Felicity in the finale. I gagged. And wanted to throw up. Imagine my relief when it was revealed he was lying. Right? The Red Arrow/Speedy reveal was boss though. But something about this episode had me completely uninterested at one point. Maybe it's that I don't like seeing seasons end but after the peak it lost me until the last 5 minutes. I get the feeling Purgatory was suppose to be capitalized too. What is this? Is this a second confession? Oh god help me... *phew* It wasn't. Last thought, the secondary storyline just got a shot in the arm. Yay.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
I rewatched the finale and noticed that the news scroll on tv once again had the "League champion set to retire after storied career takes him across the globe" line that was there a handful of eps ago.

Ahh yes...Wildcat, his fight against Batman was the very first Batman story i ever read
BatmanWildcat2pg22.jpg

Effect

Edit: and the showrunner teased something earlier in the season about how Oliver isn't

Some Wildcat and by extension Justice Society love would be great. Damn you DC and your New 52! :(

Nice catch and maybe, would set up his training Laurel.

This show is so euphoric to watch. Also, Slade is such a badass, like damn. Malcolm Merlin is awesome too, but they kind of made him seem weak in this season. Damn, I wish rocksteady made an arrow game!

This show is so euphoric to watch. Also, Slade is such a badass, like damn. Malcolm Merlin is awesome too, but they kind of made him seem weak in this season. Damn, I wish rocksteady made an arrow game!
They had to tone Malcolm down. There was no way to have both Malcolm and Slade at full power in the same season. The world would break.

Omega

Banned
Please save yourselves the time and don't even entertain the ideas of Ra's being on Arrow.

There's absolutely no chance.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp

Dude took out a mirakuru enhanced thug like it was nothing and withstood Thea shooting at him at point blank range (even if the kevlar protected him that shit at point blank gotta hurt anyway!). Got up and shrug it off like it was nothing. Also he got a fucking arrow through his heart? I think at the end of Season 1 and he is still alive. Malcolm Merlyn is immortal.

Or

Anthony Stewart Head!

Paracelsus-5-20-anthony-stewart-head-35001438-499-287.jpg

tumblr_mpb0firO5O1rvxvqqo1_500.gif

merlin-the-death-song-of-uther-pendragon-anthony-stewart-head.jpg

anthony-stewart-head.png

CW could totally get him! He's got the look of an arrogant badass cultured warlord, he's a great actor, he does a shit ton of genre TV, and he's got gravitas.

Fuck it. I want ANTHONY STEWART HEAD for R'as.

Panzon

Or

Anthony Stewart Head!

anthony-stewart-head.png

CW could totally get him! He's got the look of an arrogant badass cultured warlord, he's a great actor, he does a shit ton of genre TV, and he's got gravitas.

This would be a great choice. Finished catching up last night with everything. Great season and can't wait for season 3. Have no clue who the villain is gonna be though. Maybe Thea? Lol

How about

1369748541_Ray_Wise_2.jpg

Nah. He is more the corporate villain.

Or

Anthony Stewart Head!

anthony-stewart-head.png

But this, this I can get behind.

Oded Fehr is the only answer.

And this as well.

I still wish for impossible though. Liam Neeson to come back to the role.

Or

Anthony Stewart Head!

anthony-stewart-head.png

Good choice. Plus he fits the Doctor Who / Spartacus theme running throughout Arrow casting.

Speaking of which - which Doctor Who or Spartacus alumni would you like to see make an appearance on Arrow next season?

Gibbo

I've already mentioned previously, but Maggie Q needs to be in Arrow. She's not doing anything now anyway, now that Nikita has stopped airing

Tugatrix

Or

Anthony Stewart Head!

anthony-stewart-head.png

This is actually a great choice, a question remains can he kickass or he need a double?

Namikaze1

Joni

hey, at least we have it better than Sherlock fans.
2016 :(
Sherlock fans can go watch Fargo and The Hobbit.

Speaking of which - which Doctor Who or Spartacus alumni would you like to see make an appearance on Arrow next season?
All of them! And looking specifically at Rhas, I'll go for Simon Merrells.

But clearly, next season should turn around Slade's friends turning up.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Thea haters better grab their Chillax and take an extra, because The Queen is back for S3.

Arrow Season 3 Burning Questions Answered: The Next Big Bad, a New Canary and More

WHAT IS MALCOLM’S PLAN FOR THEA? | Already miffed with her brother Oliver and freshly betrayed by boyfriend Roy’s crimefighting secrets, Thea was last seen fleeing town in her newly discovered dad’s limo. John Barrowman — who has been promoted to a series regular for Season 3 — suspects that Malcolm Merlyn
will “groom” his little girl for a greater and assuredly nefarious purpose, so that she may do right (meaning wrong) by those who dissed her. “He’s got to train her to be a powerhouse, to be a tough bitch,” Barrowman theorizes. “She’s tough now, but she’s got to be tougher.”
(The actor’s other big wish for Season 3: less claustrophobic Dark Archer duds. “I’ve already said to [exec producer] Andrew Kreisberg, ‘I want an ouftit like Stephen [Amell]‘s, but in black.’”)

Aw. Yis.

As for Nu Canary...

IS LAUREL OFFICIALLY ON TRACK TO TAKE OVER AS CANARY? | Especially with little sis Sara rejoining Nyssa and the League of Assassins, and after that significant gifting of a leather jacket? “What do you think?” Katie Cassidy responds with a big smile, adding
: “I do think the torch has been passed. I get that feeling, and I think everybody else gets that feeling.” Perhaps just to be prepared, the actress — who just weeks ago was quite evasive on the topic — affirms that she already is amping up her workout regimen. Brandishing an impressive bare bicep for us, she boasted, “Check this out! Hel-lo!”

On the plus side, Katie will buff out. Skeletor no more.
On the other plus side,
her optimism means the writers are going to take a collective shit on her from the roof of the Queen Consolidated building.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom