• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
I'll never get why people were upset with Oliver saying that in the pilot.

I mean hell,
he said "cool" just after waking up from almost dying twice in the same night from being shot by Moira.

It's in the character's nature to be like that at points, whether it's life threatening or just awe inspiring.

The way he said it was really weird, though.

The Atom and now Firestorm, I like where this TV Universe is going.

SOON

sandman_low.jpg

wesley_dodds__the_sandman_by_clayrodery-d4ox4ts.jpg

Wiktor

Oh, that makes more sense, but I still don't agree. (yes, you may already realized, but I am one of these shitheads). A hero is more than power. Green Arrow has to be one of the weakest members of the league, in contrast to Batman he even lacks in technology. But, in JLU he was the moral compass.]

But that's JLA comic. If the same thing would happen in Green Arrow comic it would suck. You can't have the main hero upstaged constantly on his own show/series. If he does then the whole show doesn't make sense. Just cancel the whole thing and reboot with the new guy as lead and GA as side character.

But that's JLA comic. If the same thing would happen in Green Arrow comic it would suck. You can't have the main hero upstaged constantly on his own show/series. If he does then the whole show doesn't make sense. Just cancel the whole thing and reboot with the new guy as lead and GA as side character.

Bolded pissed me off so much with Smallville.

Shaanyboi

Banned
First official description of Season 3! Read at your own risk.

In the aftermath of this victory, Season Three opens with Arrow now a hero to the citizens of Starling. Crime is down, people feel safer, and Captain Lance even calls off the Anti-Vigilante Task Force. Basking in his success, Oliver believes he can finally have a private life and asks Felicity out on a date. But the second Oliver takes his eye off the ball, a deadly villain reappears in Starling, forcing Oliver to realize that he can never be Oliver Queen – not as long as the city needs The Arrow.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=103348

Jigorath

Banned
With Arrow Ollie has to be the main man. Its his show, he can't be over shadowed by more powerful heroes. He can be weaker than the other JL members in any flash or movie crossover because he's only a bit part player there.

Strength doesn't matter when it comes to popularity. Look at Batman.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I just read the synopsis. There are no bigger villains in the Arrow-verse than the show's writers.

At this point
Felicity
must be like

KXRUXdP.gif

Malvingt2

Stephen Amell
Instead of getting mad that Arrow wasn't even nominated for Outstanding Stunt Coordination at this years Emmys, I think we'll just go on producing the best action on television for the third consecutive year.

Wiktor

I think they deserved the nomination, especially considering on how tight budget and scheudle they work on, but in reality Arrow just doesn't compare to Strike Back and Banshee in this category, nothing on TV does.

Wiktor

The same Batman that has always been portrayed as very human in the movies where he is very popular compared to alien super god Superman.

I don't remember any movie where Batman starred with Superman yet. And in animation they always make it a point t show Bats can outsmart everyone in JLA.

Having a lead character being constantly upstaged is just bad writing, especially for an action show/story

Strike Back especially is like a damn action movie every hour.

Seriously just combine two hours and throw some robots in it and it would make great bank at the box office. Stonebridge and Scott for life

Joni

I don't remember any movie where Batman starred with Superman yet. And in animation they always make it a point t show Bats can outsmart everyone in JLA.

Having a lead character being constantly upstaged is just bad writing, especially for an action show/story
And it is the movies that make Batman more popular worldwide, the comics don't matter at that stage. It is like the Avengers, they don't need all to be the most powerful. Viewers can stand that Iron Man isn't as strong as the Hulk despite him being the 'lead'.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I love Arrow, warts and all, but absolutely nothing on TV touches Banshee's shit-stomping action nor Strike-Back's shootouts. We are talking about two shows that positively embarrass 90% of the big budget films out there. I mean, the latest season finale of Strike-Back was like one continous "holy fuck, I can't believe they are doing that".

ss9res1s.gif

As for Banshee...

ibeMBEcZA9rtZp.gif
carrie66sf7l.gif

I imagine that Arrow's budget is tiny in comparison with those two. It makes good use of it, but you can only do so much.

PS: Now that they are going to have some spare time, Caity Lotz and Jessica De Gouw are more than invited to visit either show. For reasons.

http://www.abload.de/img/scott12zsbp.gif
ss21ls3u.gif

Tugatrix

I love Arrow, warts and all, but absolutely nothing on TV touches Banshee's shit-stomping action nor Strike-Back's shootouts. We are talking about two shows that positively embarrass 90% of the big budget films out there. I mean, the latest season finale of Strike-Back was like one continous "holy fuck, I can't believe they are doing that".

ibeMBEcZA9rtZp.gif
ss9res1s.gif

As for Banshee...

iQ05Zv384DcXz.gif
carrie66sf7l.gif

I imagine that Arrow's budget is tiny in comparison with those two. It makes good use of it, but you can only do so much.

PS: Now that they are going to have some spare time, Caity Lotz and Jessica De Gouw are more than invited to visit either show. For reasons.

http://www.abload.de/img/scott12zsbp.gif
ss21ls3u.gif

tumblr_n1lhy52oTW1rfyhlpo5_250.gif

Nothing beat these two bros dropping fools

Banshee fights are amazing too, so brutal that put to shame so many movies

Joni

They aren't nominated either, in favor of stuff like Revolution and True Blood.

Wiktor

And it is the movies that make Batman more popular worldwide, the comics don't matter at that stage. It is like the Avengers, they don't need all to be the most powerful. Viewers can stand that Iron Man isn't as strong as the Hulk despite him being the 'lead'.

I'm sorry, but those examples make zero sense. Where was The Hulk in Iron Man 3 (aside from post cred scene)? Where was any hero more powerful than Batman in Batman movies?

There's a reason Thor and Iron Man didn't have important roles in Winter Soldier either.

Not to mention S1 was more or less BB

I swear the Nolanverse had a lot of influence on this, love it though

I love the Nolanverse. It's partially why I fell in love with Arrow so much, I love the grounded tone.

So, who will be the Joker to Arrow's Batman if this is gonna be TDK?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom