• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeathyBoy

Banned
Wow Robbie Amell was cast as Firestorm in the Flash

https://twitter.com/AJKreisberg/status/486920806987866113

arsenal-vs-firestorm-new-52-futures-end-02.jpg

He ever shows up on Arrow, Roy and Ronnie gonna be having some words...

Malvingt2

Consolation prize for the death of The Tomorrow People.

They need to get Mark Pellegrino a role up in Arrow as a Big Bad now.

So names for Flash and Arrow, have we settled? I can't remember.

The Flash Season 1 |OT| Gotta Go Fast

Arrow Season 3 |OT| Welcome to the New Age

?

The Flash Season 1 |OT| Lightning gave me abs?

ugh. why are you making me remember.

Whoa, oh, oh
Whoa, oh, oh
Whoa, oh, oh
Whoa

I'm waking up to ash and dust
I wipe my brow and I sweat my rust
I'm breathing in the chemicals

I'm breaking in, shaping up, then checking out on the prison bus
This is it, the apocalypse
Whoa

I'm waking up, I feel it in my bones
Enough to make my systems blow
Welcome to the new age, to the new age
Whoa, oh, oh, oh, oh, whoa, oh, oh, oh, I'm radioactive, radioactive

I raise my flags, don my clothes
It's a revolution, I suppose
We'll paint it red to fit right in
Whoa

I'm breaking in, shaping up, then checking out on the prison bus
This is it, the apocalypse
Whoa

All systems go, the sun hasn't died
Deep in my bones, straight from inside

Penguin

Consolation prize for the death of The Tomorrow People.

So names for Flash and Arrow, have we settled? I can't remember.

The Flash Season 1 |OT| Gotta Go Fast

Arrow Season 3 |OT| Welcome to the New Age

?

The Flash Season 1 |OT|Cool....
Arrow Season 3 |OT|...Cool

:p

Joni

It is Mark Pelligrino. It is physically impossible for him not to show up on a TV show.

Amell cares about his fans.

Bale did it for the money.
Bale was incredibly dedicated to the Batman role, but it is really difficult to show up for these things when you're actually filming the movies. It is also the very first of its kind: other people that aren't doing a show like Amell: Chris Evans, Robert Downey Jr, Henry Cavill, Ben Affleck, Hugh Jackman, Andrew Garfield; or really any one currently playing a comic book hero not named Stephen Amell. They're clearly all doing it for the money, and in the case of Garfield, the women.

It is Mark Pelligrino. It is physically impossible for him not to show up on a TV show.

Bale was incredibly dedicated to the Batman role, but it is really difficult to show up for these things when you're actually filming the movies. It is also the very first of its kind: other people that aren't doing a show like Amell: Chris Evans, Robert Downey Jr, Henry Cavill, Ben Affleck, Hugh Jackman, Andrew Garfield; or really any one currently playing a comic book hero not named Stephen Amell. They're clearly all doing it for the money, and in the case of Garfield, the women.

Mass respect.

DieH@rd

Banned
With more super-powered characters introduced, I just hope the show doesn't end up in the Smallville route of cheesiness.

Smallville immediately started with cheese, with each of its [many many many] seasons having 80% of pointless filler episodes. Arrow has an different form altogether, and all cheese comes in the form of CW forcing few awkward romantic angles.

Wiktor

I;m sure powers will stay on a low side in Arrow. It would be fun though to see Oliver improve his skill to take on lowly metahumans like they were nothing, same way he does in comics.

I think it would be a good idea to use the power levels as one of the things that separates Arrow from Flash. Keep Arrow relatively grounded and then go apeshit on Flash.
It would actually be a cool idea to see somebody like Atom start in Arrow relatively weaker and then move to Flash once he gains huge powers.

Chariot

I;m sure powers will stay on a low side in Arrow. It would be fun though to see Oliver improve his skill to take on lowly metahumans like they were nothing, same way he does in comics.

I think it would be a good idea to use the power levels as one of the things that separates Arrow from Flash. Keep Arrow relatively grounded and then go apeshit on Flash.
It would actually be a cool idea to see somebody like Atom start in Arrow relatively weaker and then move to Flash once he gains huge powers.
It would make a certain kind of sense, but then again I don't know how I would feel about Arrow being Level 1 for villains as they move up to a bigger league. Flash has the Rogues, who are not nessecary all superpowered beings (although it would be funny if Captain Boomerang could transform in a strange transformer boomerang).
They both should have their share on supernatural and "human" villains.

Wiktor

It would make a certain kind of sense, but then again I don't know how I would feel about Arrow being Level 1 for villains as they move up to a bigger league. Flash has the Rogues, who are not nessecary all superpowered beings (although it would be funny if Captain Boomerang could transform in a strange transformer boomerang).
They both should have their share on supernatural and "human" villains.

Oh...I meant heroes. That's why I used Atom as example. Villains Oliver can just straight up murder if necessary. He will propably be more effective against them long term than Barry, because with Oliver there's a chance that they won't get long term at all ;D

With heroes you can;t really have somone who seriously overpowers oliver on Arrow long term. It works with villains ,but not with heroes. The moment a hero moves to different league he need to be out of Starling city.

Chariot

Oh...I meant heroes. That's why I used Atom as example. Villains Oliver can just straight up murder if necessary. He will propably be more effective against them long term than Barry, because with Oliver there's a chance that they won't get long term at all ;D

With heroes you can;t really have somone who seriously overpowers oliver on Arrow long term. It works with villains ,but not with heroes. The moment a hero moves to different league he need to be out of Starling city.
Oh, that makes more sense, but I still don't agree. (yes, you may already realized, but I am one of these shitheads). A hero is more than power. Green Arrow has to be one of the weakest members of the league, in contrast to Batman he even lacks in technology. But, in JLU he was the moral compass. And after Olli is now stricky against killing we could have someone like Huntress, only dangerous and more sane, where Olli actually have to argue and think.
Like "yeah, killing is bad, we shouldn't do that. But soooometimes...". Or some hero who tries to follow rules, but has a bad temper. Wouldn't Firestorm a good candidate for that? i honestly don't know, I read a bit of the new future comics and the two guys that form firestorm aren't really green with each other.
Also Olli kinda died thanks to them.

infi

Oh, that makes more sense, but I still don't agree. (yes, you may already realized, but I am one of these shitheads). A hero is more than power. Green Arrow has to be one of the weakest members of the league, in contrast to Batman he even lacks in technology. But, in JLU he was the moral compass. And after Olli is now stricky against killing we could have someone like Huntress, only dangerous and more sane, where Olli actually have to argue and think.
Like "yeah, killing is bad, we shouldn't do that. But soooometimes...". Or some hero who tries to follow rules, but has a bad temper. Wouldn't Firestorm a good candidate for that? i honestly don't know, I read a bit of the new future comics and the two guys that form firestorm aren't really green with each other.
Also Olli kinda died thanks to them.

With Arrow Ollie has to be the main man. Its his show, he can't be over shadowed by more powerful heroes. He can be weaker than the other JL members in any flash or movie crossover because he's only a bit part player there.

and a slight variation that might look/sound better.

The Flash Season 1 |OT| (Gotta Go Fast) Cool...

Arrow Season 3 |OT| ...Cool (Welcome to the New Age)

V_Arnold

I do not get this "cool" stuff. What the.... Back in a Flash was bad enough for a show that does not even contain Flash, except for the backdoor introduction, but to waste a whole series on that... eh.

With Arrow Ollie has to be the main man. Its his show, he can't be over shadowed by more powerful heroes. He can be weaker than the other JL members in any flash or movie crossover because he's only a bit part player there.
I think it should be fine, as long as we don't get someone like Superman, who can resolve an entire season's worth of Arrow's problem in like 5 minutes. B- and C-listers, though, it won't really matter if they're stronger than Ollie. It would actually be better, since Ollie can still be the better, smarter hero, despite being weaker on paper.

I do not get this "cool" stuff. What the.... Back in a Flash was bad enough for a show that does not even contain Flash, except for the backdoor introduction, but to waste a whole series on that... eh.

Sounds like you haven't seen the Flash pilot.

So... Wonder if they're going to eventually move Felicity into a relationship with Firestorm/Ronnie as opposed to his father like in the comic, I imagine we'll be getting some cross over there this coming season aside from the thing with Ray Palmer.

It will all make sense in due time. Roughly September of this year. a Tuesday in September most likely.

Chariot

Super Heroes are about more than raw power. Ollie can be physical weaker than his allies and still be the star. Comics don't have a good trackrecord in this, I give you that, but this could be the show that makes it right.
Might doesen't make right.

Starkster

Neo Member
I'm cool with that

I'll never get why people were upset with Oliver saying that in the pilot.

I mean hell,
he said "cool" just after waking up from almost dying twice in the same night from being shot by Moira.

It's in the character's nature to be like that at points, whether it's life threatening or just awe inspiring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom