• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clevinger

Live action always pronounces it Rahz, but I've watched something (possibly on The Dark Knight extras) where DC guys say Raysh. Which is it?

They've tried to have it both ways on this show, even though it makes zero sense. Malcolm, a League member, (and others) calls him Rahs. Nyssa, his daughter, calls him Raysh.

DeathyBoy

Banned
i'd geek out like a muthafucka if we got legolas vs. green arrow on the show but no way man. as sparse as his career is now i don't ever see him doing a cw appearance.

You wouldn't imagine so...

But the guy could live comfortably off LOTR/Hobbit/POTC royalties. And after playing the villain that awful Musketeers film, I can see him being up for playing a role as iconic as Ra's Al Ghul.

I mean... I'm guessing they'll limit the role anyway, as Ra's being in Starling City every week would be ridiculous. So it'd probably only be six episodes becember December and May.

It's a wasted opportunity if they don't get Oded Fehr.

I looked and he'd be a great fit but they're probably going to get an actor who already has a lot of experience with weapons so they don't have to spend a ton of time training him, who's left from Sparticus that could they hire? His being Ra's VA for Young Justice and then getting to play him on Arrow would be pretty cool.

Just looking at Bloom's IMDB and maaan he really has slowed down over the last several years, I doubt he's out of their schedule/money range these days. Could be interesting, he's already tied to WB with the LOTR and The Hobbit movies.

Clevinger

who's left from Sparticus that could they hire?

RA'S

FUCKING VICTOR

vT82cyY.jpg

Rokam

I looked and he'd be a great fit but they're probably going to get an actor who already has a lot of experience with weapons so they don't have to spend a ton of time training him, who's left from Sparticus that could they hire? His being Ra's VA for Young Justice and then getting to play him on Arrow would be pretty cool.

Just looking at Bloom's IMDB and maaan he really has slowed down over the last several years, I doubt he's out of their schedule/money range these days. Could be interesting, he's already tied to WB with the LOTR and The Hobbit movies.

Oded used swords in The Mummy movies.

Joni

i'd geek out like a muthafucka if we got legolas vs. green arrow on the show but no way man. as sparse as his career is now i don't ever see him doing a cw appearance.

I love him as an actor, but he can't lead a movie. If you take out The Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit and Pirates of the Caribbean which would have scored without him his most succesful movie is Troy at 500 million but that had Eric Bana when people thought he was a big actor and Brad Pitt. The next one is Kingdom of Heaven at 200 million. It would be a good move for him to start over, prove himself as a character actor via stuff like this.

If you go the Spartacus route, it should be Simon Merrells. He has ties with Greg Berlanti thanks to The Tomorrow People, the guy is ripped, and he wouldn't look bad next to Katrina Law. I don't think Ashur would strike enough fear in people's hearts. He got
whacked by Amanda Waller.

Marcus_crassus1.jpg

Joni

everyone looks bad next to Katrina Law
Spartacus had Viva Bianca, Ellen Hollman, Hanna Mangan-Lawrence, Gwendolyne Taylor. And then you'd have to count Liam, Andy, Manu, Dustin, Daniel Feuerriegel, Peter Mensah, Todd Lasance, Jai Courtney. If it wasn't for the nudity, it would have fit perfectly on the CW with all those beautiful people.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Spartacus had Viva Bianca, Ellen Hollman, Hanna Mangan-Lawrence, Gwendolyne Taylor. And then you'd have to count Liam, Andy, Manu, Dustin, Daniel Feuerriegel, Peter Mensah, Todd Lasance, Jai Courtney. If it wasn't for the nudity, it would have fit perfectly on the CW with all those beautiful people.

Most of them would be too old, though.

blakep267

as people have already said, its gotta be Oded Fehr as Ras. Or maybe the actor that played Oberyn martell( Pedro pascal). I think he might work

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Can someone create a HQ gif of the segment where he says "You have failed this city!" please :) That part was just goosebumps.

VeeP

Just when you thought it can't get better than Slade, they being in Ra's.
How are you going to top Ra's in season 4 then?

Lex Luther? Vandal Savage? DC definitely has some cool villains, especially some underused ones.

Not really villains but I would love to see Nightwing or Red Robin show up.

Oh Damn Ra's Al Ghul!. Has Green Arrow ever fought him in the comics? just wondering.

Also remember that girl that was Pregnant with Ollie's Kid in season 2? do you guys think that kid was
Connor Hawke?
I'm re-watching Arrow season two and that immediately that thought came to my head.

Just when you thought it can't get better than Slade, they being in Ra's.

You bring Tommy from the grave. Winter Soldier Style.

Omega

Banned
Ra's Al Ghul is the season 3 big bad

they dont even say his name right =/

also, holy shit. I remember when everyone thought "nah, they won't cast Ra's. he's A-list Batman villain, he won't be on Arrow"

maybe WB isn't as dumb as we originally thought

ZeroX03

Banned
Just when you thought it can't get better than Slade, they bring in Ra's.

Trying to think of other big villains they'd be allowed to bring in. Doctor Light? Most of the A-tier villains would be either way too super powered or be off-limits.

Season 5 big bad is Supermax. Merlyn, Slade, Ra's and every other god damn villain on the show versus Oliver alone on the island.

tom welling

As Ultraman. There's your season four big bad. Or just say it's Clark Luthor who traveled from that Smallville alternate dimension (I don't remember that plotline too well).

they dont even say his name right =/

Phonetics. But Nyssa pronounced it Raysh which is wrong despite being the "official" pronunciation. I think the problem comes from Resh and is what has caused the confusion over the years.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resh

But how it's pronounced in that trailer is closer to the proper Arabic pronunciation of the name, the name came from the star Algol which is a part of the Perseus constellation and its name in Arabic is رأس الغول . http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Algol#Names

And this is how it's pronounced. https://translate.google.com/#en/ar/رأس الغول

That said, Arrow has also already established the Resh pronunciation as well since Nyssa used it and I imagine that maybe the linguistics professor O'Neil's daughter got the info from only saw the Ra's part maybe (IDK) and Ra's ended up basically getting a sort of hybrid Hebrew (or maybe Aramaic?)/Arabic name so it isn't entirely wrong with the DCU and in a way maybe it makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom