• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.
in0MNH4PUDXEP.gif

Let have my Olicity moment before they tear it apart dammit.

Hey now, I am enjoying the meltdowns already commencing on here.

And honestly, Ollicity is the only Oliver relationship that makes sense at this point. Do I like it more with them being apart and her drooling and being cute the whole time like it has been so far? Of course. I am worried about what putting them together might do to the team dynamic. But she is the one person that makes the most sense for him to wind up with right now.

EDIT: On another note, now I am sad about being reminded that Almost Human is not coming back.

DOUBLE EDIT: Fine. If I cant have Karl Urban on Almost Human or in a Dredd sequel, then I nominate Karl Urban for Ra's Al Ghul.

I'm down with that. Fuck, it's actually logical.

Hey now, I am enjoying the meltdowns already commencing on here.

And honestly, Ollicity is the only Oliver relationship that makes sense at this point. Do I like it more with them being apart and her drooling and being cute the whole time like it has been so far? Of course. I am worried about what putting them together might do to the team dynamic. But she is the one person that makes the most sense for him to wind up with right now.

EDIT: On another note, now I am sad about being reminded that Almost Human is not coming back.

DOUBLE EDIT: Fine. If I cant have Karl Urban on Almost Human or in a Dredd sequel, then I nominate Karl Urban for Ra's Al Ghul.

Urban as Ra's...? I was kinda holding out for Urban to play The Punisher.

I'm down with that. Fuck, it's actually logical.

Urban as Ra's...? I was kinda holding out for Urban to play The Punisher.

I would be down with Urban as Frank Castle, but that is a ways off. I am just assuming since Almost Human got canned he still has a place in Vancouver and is in Arrow country still.

Sigh. I had gotten over losing Almost Human until I saw that gif again. The pain has returned. Of course, there is also pain about the show never really reaching the potential that it showed a few times. But the chemistry between Urban and Michael Ealy was fantastic.

Ketch

I think you can buy the individual episodes on Amazon Instant or iTunes. Otherwise, yeah, have to wait until like a week before season 3 when they put it on Netflix.

Anybody know what that might be? If it's soon I'll wait, if not I'll but the first couple of episodes.

Clevinger

Anybody know what that might be? If it's soon I'll wait, if not I'll but the first couple of episodes.

Season 3 premieres October 8th, so it might be up on October 1st or something like that if it's like they did it last year. I forgot to say earlier that the DVD/Bluray comes out in the middle of September.

Karak

So do I. That is just wrong.

She may be a better actor, but she is just too odd looking for me, it is distracting. In the Wolverine movie, I kept thinking she would be revealed as an alien or something. Her head is not a normal human shape.
Don't feel bad you are not the only one. One of the saddest things I ever heard was in the theater during Wolverine and the little boy right next to us asked his mom if she was a monster/mutant of some kind.

Karak

Everyone should do archery man. Even without the TV show. Many of you would love it. Its great. Though I slagged my first 2 bows with dry fires as a kid once you get the hang of it the improvement is wicked fast for a good deal of time. Even with compound bows it is also a damn good muscle builder.

Tugatrix

Everyone should do archery man. Even without the TV show. Many of you would love it. Its great. Though I slagged my first 2 bows with dry fires as a kid once you get the hang of it the improvement is wicked fast for a good deal of time. Even with compound bows it is also a damn good muscle builder.

Indeed, I practice for a year before my bow was stolen, I either bullseyed or completely miss the target. Now I'm gonna buy one as soon as I have money for it.

Anyone else thinking about getting into archery after watching Arrow?

Arrow and Hawkguy convinced me to take the plunge.

I love it so much.

Wish I could practice more often though.

10609624_10152254928002411_5776022557735771370_n.jpg

I'm thoroughly shit to mediocre. In the fall, the range near me will open up, so I'll go a couple times every week. Took me a hundred shots to get that close (other people had hit that same target).

I think NTGYK bought one because of Arrow

Yeah, I just bought it on impulse. I got a Martin Saber Takedown:

10471001_10152163982422411_6509511047764789702_n.jpg

Got it for $200. Worth every penny. It's so fun to shoot.

Yo Arrow-GAF, buy a bow and arrows. I'm gonna post a picture of Slade to the wall and shoot the eye out. That's my goal. Arrow is basically my inspiration for getting into shape and picking up archery.

Worth it.

Tugatrix

I love it so much.

I'm thoroughly shit to mediocre. In the fall, the range near me will open up, so I'll go a couple times every week. Took me a hundred shots to get that close (other people had hit that same target).

Yo Arrow-GAF, buy a bow and arrows. I'm gonna post a picture of Slade to the wall and shoot the eye out. That's my goal. Arrow is basically my inspiration for getting into shape and picking up archery.

Worth it.

That is some neat bow. I'll do it let me save some money but I won't spend 200€ on a bow :p

I'm keeping my eye on this one:

arco-para-clube-pro-steel.jpg

Wiktor

Would starting with recurve bow be impossible? I would be able to justify finding time for archery lessons much easier if they would deliver a very heavy workout for my muscles.

I love it so much.

Worth it.

...Cool

Do you have a costume to go with it?

Would starting with recurve bow be impossible? I would be able to justify finding time for archery lessons much easier if they would deliver a very heavy workout for my muscles.

Pft, no. My bow is a 30 lb recurve and before this I'd never even touched one. You'll need to start with a lower poundage bow though in all likelihood before moving on to heavier bows so you can work on your form.

You'll be fine.

...Cool

Do you have a costume to go with it?

Maybe, but it's probably for my future wife's eyes only.

If I ever meet her.

a916

I love it so much.

Worth it.

I take it that is your first bow... did you go and get sized up for that bow or did you find one you liked after reading up on it?

That's a sick bow too, thinking about getting a simple recurve myself. Did you buy just the arrows and bow? Or did you get arm guard and glove as well?

I take it that shooting as fast as Oliver is completely unrealistic? He pulls an arrow out and lines up his shots within a second it seems.

I take it that is your first bow... did you go and get sized up for that bow or did you find one you liked after reading up on it?

That's a sick bow too, thinking about getting a simple recurve myself. Did you buy just the arrows and bow? Or did you get arm guard and glove as well?

I take it that shooting as fast as Oliver is completely unrealistic? He pulls an arrow out and lines up his shots within a second it seems.

I just read up on different bows and bought the coolest looking, best reviewed, most reasonably priced one. I didn't get sized up. It's 64". I'm 5'9", it seems to be fine, hahaha. It is my first bow.

I bought the bow off Amazon.ca. I got arrows (5 aluminum, 5 carbon), an arm guard, and a finger tab from Boorman's Archery, an archery shop in New West.

Shooting that fast is not unrealistic. There's a video out there of a guy that shoots faster than Oliver.

I tried it with a friend of mine, but he has been practicing archery for two years now. It's a lot of fun but I couldn't hit shit at first.

I'm definitely thinking about trying it for myself.

Wiktor

Realistically there are people who shoot faster than even Legolas in the movies does. Supposedely we simply suck and forgot how to shoot the bow properly and the current forms are just very inefficent. Thousand years ago great archers could shoot like 16 arrows into the air before the first one has fallen.

Look at this, it's insane:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zGnxeSbb3g

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom