• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

a916

Realistically there are people who shoot faster than even Legolas in the movies does. Supposedely we simply suck and forgot how to shoot the bow properly and the current forms are just very inefficent. Thousand years ago great archers could shoot like 16 arrows into the air before the first one has fallen.

Look at this, it's insane:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zGnxeSbb3g

Though it's much faster, it just doesn't look as good as Green Arrow/Legolas pulling another arrow from the quiver. (not to take away from someone like Lars Anderson)

Ruruja

10609624_10152254928002411_5776022557735771370_n.jpg

That one right in the fucking centre though ... how smug would you be if you did that?

- EW: 'Glee' alum Nolan Funk joins 'Arrow'
Glee and Awkward alum Nolan Funk has been tapped to guest-star in an upcoming episode of Arrow, EW has learned.

Funk will play Cooper Seldon,
Felicity’s hacker boyfriend from her days at MIT. It’s unclear whether Cooper will appear in flashback or present-day, but Funk will pop up in the highly aniticipated Felicity-centric episode, aptly titled “The Secret Origin of Felicity Smoak,” which will also introduce her mother, played by NYPD Blue alum Charlotte Ross.

Funk first broke the news on Instagram when he posted a photo of himself with an Arrow script.

Volotaire

Arrow and Hawkguy convinced me to take the plunge.

I love it so much.

Wish I could practice more often though.

10609624_10152254928002411_5776022557735771370_n.jpg

I'm thoroughly shit to mediocre. In the fall, the range near me will open up, so I'll go a couple times every week. Took me a hundred shots to get that close (other people had hit that same target).

Yeah, I just bought it on impulse. I got a Martin Saber Takedown:

10471001_10152163982422411_6509511047764789702_n.jpg

Got it for $200. Worth every penny. It's so fun to shoot.

Yo Arrow-GAF, buy a bow and arrows. I'm gonna post a picture of Slade to the wall and shoot the eye out. That's my goal. Arrow is basically my inspiration for getting into shape and picking up archery.

Worth it.

Woah this is crazy and cool. Too dangerous for me to attempt. Would love to see more updates from you.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I guess they need more pretty people to repopulate Starling City after Slade's army ran a train on it. No way they are going to invite the uggos, specially now that they don't have the glades to keep them apart.

That one right in the fucking centre though ... how smug would you be if you did that?

tumblr_inline_n5yenpyD2l1rxfhu4.gif

So goddamn smug.

NTGYK did you try to beat the bowl of water to improve accuracy :p

I beat something alright.

Sheldon Cooper?

LULZ.

Woah this is crazy and cool. Too dangerous for me to attempt. Would love to see more updates from you.

You have to really go out of your way to injure yourself.

I will continue to provide updates though.

I went to the range after lotr

And then years later after arrow premiered

I never took it up but stuff like this makes you at least want to try it

D

Deleted member 102481

Unconfirmed Member
can we have an arrow and flash OT? Since we are getting crossover episodes

When I move in two weeks, I am also going down to a part time job. That means lots of free time on my hands. I plan to use that time to get my ass in shape. Go for the Arrow workout.

Wiktor

can we have an arrow and flash OT? Since we are getting crossover episodes
I don't think it's a good idea. Not everyone will be watching both, which would require constant use of spoiler bars. Plus let's be honest...ArrowGAF is a bit to weird to spill into other places. Flash' viewers would be shocked and appaled :D

I don't think it's a good idea. Not everyone will be watching both, which would require constant use of spoiler bars. Plus let's be honest...ArrowGAF is a bit to weird to spill into other places. Flash' viewers would be shocked and appaled :D

In time, Flash viewers will come to understand the light of Wozzly and the insanity of Arrow-GAF.

Arrow-GAF IS Flash-GAF.

We are one.

And slightly aroused.

In time, Flash viewers will come to understand the light of Wozzly and the insanity of Arrow-GAF.

Arrow-GAF IS Flash-GAF.

We are one.

One are we.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Very nice that they are getting it up there earlier this year.

And in other news from AmellBook:

2cL7EKe.jpg

"Took this photo after my workout. Notice my Nike Free's, Stance socks, Jawbone UP24, Beats By Dre Headphones and iPhone 5S.

(What this page would look like if I was a Kardashian.)"

Snap.

welp

I guess it's about time for my yearly Arrow-inspired workout escalation.

Heh, exactly. A few extra pushups for me tonight. That should be enough, right?

Somewhat annoyed I can't even try to pull the salmon ladder stunt at my new gym because I need to heal some stitches I recently got.
And I don't have a deathwish anyway.

strafer

Very nice that they are getting it up there earlier this year.

And in other news from AmellBook:

2cL7EKe.jpg

"Took this photo after my workout. Notice my Nike Free's, Stance socks, Jawbone UP24, Beats By Dre Headphones and iPhone 5S.

(What this page would look like if I was a Kardashian.)"

Snap.

Oh snap!

Keep it up and you'll reach Cavill soon enough.

1457588_10151771997523jddq.jpg

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Amell is probably a bit leaner. Cavill looks like a Greek god, but he still has a bit of (very healthy) body fat preventing full definition.

brb, buying more chicken and lettuce.

Oh snap!

Keep it up and you'll reach Cavill soon enough.

1457588_10151771997523jddq.jpg

The snap comment was about the Kardashian joke obviously.

But that does make me wonder just how big and god like Amell could get if it was just for a film. Seeing how huge some actors get for super hero films when given the prep time is impressive, and no one creates god like physiques for the screen like Zach Snyder.

Wiktor

But that does make me wonder just how big and god like Amell could get if it was just for a film. .

That's what most impressive about Ammell's body for me. I've seen actors bulk up for movies many times, but they quickly deflate afterwars. Meanwhile Ammell keeps it up for a whole damn year. It's insane.

That's what most impressive about Ammell's body for me. I've seen actors bulk up for movies many times, but they quickly deflate afterwars. Meanwhile Ammell keeps it up for a whole damn year. It's insane.

And TV working hours are insane as well. But I am with you, the fact he keeps looking like that week after week is nuts and impressive as hell.

strafer

That's because it's for a movie.

Amell is on a tv show..he needs to keep his body in shape all the time.

Wiktor

That's because it's for a movie.

Amell is on a tv show..he needs to keep his body in shape all the time.

Well yes, but it's a year long show. So he bassicaly keeps it up all the time,which to me is much more impressive than actors bulking up just for movies. Everybody can keep the training and diet up for half a year with a help of trainer, but for 3+ years..that's a whole different level of commitement. It's also inspirational. The guy not only does big tv show, but also does lots of promotions and has wife and a small kid. So at best he has fraction of time for the training that I do. Makes me want to train a lot harder.

Hugh Jackman is doing the same thing, altough in his case it's propably in large part motivated by age. Bulking up again would be hard. It's much easier to just maintain.

- EW: 'Arrow' casts 'Supernatural' alum as lethal lovestruck fan
The Arrow is going to meet No. 1 fan. The CW series is adding Carrie Cutter (a.k.a. Cupid) to season three and EW can exclusively report that Supernatural alum Amy Gumenick has been cast in the role. As in the comics,
Cupid will be a lethal villainness with a dangerously obsessive crush on The Arrow. (Surely at least a few Arrow fans can relate?)

Arrow executive producer Andrew Kreisberg created the character during his run on the Green Arrow/Black Canary comic book series. “I always loved the idea of Green Arrow having a crazed fan,” Kreisberg told EW. “When I was writing the comic book, my big goal was to create a villain who would last. Cupid has since appeared in the DC Nation shorts on Cartoon Network, and to have her fight our TV Arrow is so much more than I ever could have hoped for the character.”

Gumenick played young Mary Winchester in flashbacks on CW’s Supernatural and was recently seen in AMC’s Turn. Expect Cupid to make her debut in the sixth and seventh episodes of the season.

This show has enough pretty blondes to give me gout, I swear.
I think my crush of Emily is over though. I fell in love with Felicity's on screen persona. When I see her off set with her goofy hat, edko unlimited shirt and tats. At one point I would've done anything to send shivers down her spine like an ice bucket challenge. One less creeper. See ya in The 100 and iZombie threads.....

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I think my crush of Emily is over though. I fell in love with Felicity's on screen persona. When I see her off set with her goofy hat, edko unlimited shirt and tats. At one point I would've done anything to send shivers down her spine like an ice bucket challenge. One less creeper. See ya in The 100 and iZombie threads.....

NOOOOooooOOOOoooooo :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom