• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.
io9 started up their recaps for Arrow!

http://io9.com/the-arrow-crew-moves-on-and-leaves-someone-behind-1443307573

Thea realizes, while a bunch of guys are sticking a gun in her face, that Moira only worked with Malcolm Merlyn because she was afraid. She makes up with Moira - who frigging works her prison uniform. Thea happily informs Roy of her reconciliation with her mother, but he ends the call to go stop what looks to be one of those sad moments on network TV when male extras awkwardly shove a female extra around and try to make it look sexually intimidating. Roy gets his ass kicked for his trouble, but before the male extras can really hurt him, he gets saved - by a blonde, leather-clad woman. Could it be Laurel?

God, I hope so, because Laurel breaks my heart in this episode. It's not because she's sad. It's because she decided that, although she cares for Ollie, and forgives him, she can't be in a romantic relationship with him. But they'll still be close. And she thinks the Hood is the worst of the worst, and his vigilante activity brought all the trouble to Starling City. And she's kind of involved with a different guy.

And all of that? Is exactly where she was in episode two of season one. That's so depressing. How can the actress stand it? How does Katie Cassidy not wake, completely motionless, and stare with dead eyes up at the ceiling until someone comes in and forces her out of bed? The entire show is the Indy 500 and her character's in a car up on cinder blocks with weeds growing through the holes in the floor.

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
How does Katie Cassidy not wake, completely motionless, and stare with dead eyes up at the ceiling until someone comes in and forces her out of bed? The entire show is the Indy 500 and her character's in a car up on cinder blocks with weeds growing through the holes in the floor.

Ain't no lies there. They should just kill her off and not draw it out and previous Laurel time will be Felicity time and everyone is happy :)

G-Fex

Thoroughly enjoyed.

I was giggling because I always pause the episode right after it starts, and it's all 'Previously, on Arrow..." and we get this:

adcCwA5.jpg

And I'm like 'Yep. Shirtless hot guys, chains, check."

Uh huh....lots of female fanservice I see.

Maybe TOO much.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Ain't no lies there. They should just kill her off and not draw it out and previous Laurel time will be Felicity time and everyone is happy :)

As much as I like Felicity, this thread makes me take a step back; it's like a group of fangirls on One Direction's twitter.

Just finished watching the episode and even the show is down with THE SHIP now!

Felicity, Goddess, Waifu!!!!

Regardless the season seems to be off to a great start. Just don't squander the good will.

Bladenic

As much as I like Felicity, this thread makes me take a step back, it's like a group of fangirls on One Direction's twitter.

Right?

Also LOL at that recap bit about Laurel. Of course I'm sure Katie is happy just to have a job so I doubt she cares that much.

Cheska

As much as I like Felicity, this thread makes me take a step back, it's like a group of fangirls on One Direction's twitter.

Agreed. I love Felicty's character, it's refreshing to see a smart, intellectual woman in entertainment but tone it down guys. Or just, stop being overly aggressive about thoughts of death over a fictional character.

I'm not quite sure how you guys even want Laurel to respond. Let's take a look at what happened in her life: madly in love with boyfriend who you find out not only cheated on you with your sister BUT also presumably died with her in tow. Family breaks up due to this. 5 years later BAM! He's back, you have mixed emotions, also dealing with slight guilt over hooking up with his best mate. Look at how she was in that flashback, she was cheerful and likeable. I'm sure she'll come around as her character starts to develop, Cassidy is a good enough actress to pull off Canary if they actually go that route.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Agreed. I love Felicty's character, it's refreshing to see a smart, intellectual woman in entertainment but tone it down guys. Or just, stop being overly aggressive about thoughts of death over a fictional character.

I'm not quite sure how you guys even want Laurel to respond. Let's take a look at what happened in her life: madly in love with boyfriend who you find out not only cheated on you with your sister BUT also presumably died with her in tow. Family breaks up due to this. 5 years later BAM! He's back, you have mixed emotions, also dealing with slight guilt over hooking up with his best mate. Look at how she was in that flashback, she was cheerful and likeable. I'm sure she'll come around as her character starts to develop, Cassidy is a good enough actress to pull off Canary if they actually go that route.

I don't actually hate her that much. I just find her boring. The writers have no idea what to do with her at all.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I wanna see more fancy arrows. Where's the boxing glove arrow i ask? Or the arrow that once shot splits into 3 arrows.

ReiGun

Ollie has already used a couple trick arrows: explosive, flash bang, grappling line, net, and recording device. I could see Felicity designing a few new ones, though I doubt we'll get any boxing glove arrows.

I wanna see more fancy arrows. Where's the boxing glove arrow i ask? Or the arrow that once shot splits into 3 arrows.

Ollie has already used a couple trick arrows: explosive, flash bang, grappling line, net, and recording device. I could see Felicity designing a few new ones, though I doubt we'll get any boxing glove arrows.

If we get an onslaught of gimmick arrows, Ollie might as well start wearing tights.

The-Office-gifs-the-office-14948948-240-196.gif

arrow9c5uum.gif

"I must go, my people need me"

LOL. Makes a good bail out gif too.

Just wrapped up watching the season premiere. Excellent way to get things going. I like the direction they're headed in and I think we've got the tone for whole season set with this one show. I can't believe how much stuff they squeezed into a single hour.

I also love that there were consequences from last season. I hate when a show basically hits the reset button after a season and the events from the previous season are essentially glossed over.

That other comic book show could take a few cues from Arrow.

Watched the episode earlier today. Really enjoyed it. I'm glad the show is finally back. During the beginning with all the "Blood" signs, is that Roy? Or is that something else?

Rokam

I assume we'll see more of the flashbang and probably some sort of taser. They should at least reference the boxing glove though.

rexor0717

I'm assuming that the particle accelerator that was mentioned on the news will have something to do with the Flash. That escape arrow was kinda hilarious because it just makes no sense.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
I really liked this episode. I wasn't sure if they really intended on transforming the character into the Green Arrow from the comics, or if they were going to stick with badass killer the hood. I'm happy to see left wing Ollie starting to emerge, and I welcome the coming trick arrows.

Card Boy

Banned
I started getting into the comics because of the show.

Main stuff i'm read up on.

• Olivers parents are dead and where mauled by a lion at a circus
  • Thea doesn't exist in the comic?
  • Speedy is Roy Harper and some other chick called Mia Dearden? (sort of like how there is multiple Robins)
  • Starling City is called Star City in the comic i think
  • Tommy/Malcolm don't exisit in canon Green Arrow (but does in Earth One?) but is a called Arthur King who calls himself Merlyn (after the Wizard). He is an archer like Malcolm.

Need some criterion on some of this.

XM1049

Neo Member
I started getting into the comics because of the show.

Main stuff i'm read up on.

• Olivers parents are dead and where mauled by a lion at a circus
  • Thea doesn't exist in the comic?
  • Speedy is Roy Harper and some other chick called Mia Dearden? (sort of like how there is multiple Robins)
  • Starling City is called Star City in the comic i think
  • Tommy/Malcolm don't exisit in canon Green Arrow (but does in Earth One?) but is a called Arthur King who calls himself Merlyn (after the Wizard). He is an archer like Malcolm.

Need some criterion on some of this.

Yep there is no Thea in the comics. She is clearly intended to be Mia Dearden.

Roy Harper was Speedy for a long time, then Mia.

Tommy does not exist in Pre New 52, but in the New 52, he shows up in one issue, and exists as Olivers friend. He is heavily injured in an explosion at one of Oliver's parties, and blames Oliver, and may become the villain Merlyn in the future.

If you are reading Green Arrow please do yourself a favor and skip #1-16, and start from #17. Its a total mess in the beginning and may turn you off comics all together. #17 onwards has many parallels with the show, including the island.

I like the new status quo that is established at the end of the episode. No killing + possible name change to Green Arrow + Flash = Justice League?

hamchan

Maybe she'll follow the path of Rachel in the Nolan Batman films.
She's already joined the district attorney's office. Next step is hooking up with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom