• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skux

Alternate explanation is that the Captain Cold figurine is a Chinese bootleg that the kid found at a garage sale or something.

Catching up on the series, and it's really bugging me just how often Ollie gets clowned in fights nowadays. It feels like he's due for at least one L an episode.

Frog-fu

Banned
Catching up on the series, and it's really bugging me just how often Ollie gets clowned in fights nowadays. It feels like he's due for at least one L an episode.

Team Arrow is too crowded and there's not enough time alloted for them to be split up and do interesting stuff on their own.

I really don't know where Laurel gets all the time to fight crime alongside them though. They should reduce her fighting role and include her more in an investigative and support capacity with occasional bouts of asskickery.

New Legends of Tomorrow trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JlXb7NYhHk

BREqDeP.png

can never unsee that blue/orange

The best part of the episode was no Ollie crappy island flashback.
They need to add some kind of visual vibration effect or something because her just standing mouth-agape like that is so fucking awkward.
I love the fact that the scream did nothing lol. Not sure why was it there.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
I don't know about any of you, but after the mid-season finale from last season, it's hard to get hyped for this one.

What was wrong with last season's mid season finale?

Don't know about him but it was quite the holy shit moment at the end but then they squandered it with the "penicillin tea" and all that bullshit in the mid-season premiere and everything that followed which kind of made the mid-season finale lamer. Oh and there was the awful stunt doubling in the fight which IMO ruined it.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Don't know about him but it was quite the holy shit moment at the end but then they squandered it with the "penicillin tea" and all that bullshit in the mid-season premiere and everything that followed.

Eh, that's more the aftermath.

I mean the last one was so good, it's hard to get excited for this one. How can they reach the same heights as Ra's killing Oliver? Darhk maybe/possibly killing someone from the team is pretty tame in comparison.

stn

Is the recent episode supposed to be a Flash tie-in? The last episode I watched was about Diggle's brother. Also, I've gotten really bored of this show. Its too corny, has too many heroes, and the "saving my city" theme is overdone. Hopefully it can repeat the magic of season 1 and 2.

Aside from the stupid "penicillin tea," another major problem with last season was how easily Ra's was able to destroy Oliver without even getting touched in the mid-season finale, and then suddenly they are fighting on equal footing by the finale for no real reason.

Joni

Eh, that's more the aftermath.

I mean the last one was so good, it's hard to get excited for this one. How can they reach the same heights as Ra's killing Oliver? Darhk maybe/possibly killing someone from the team is pretty tame in comparison.
A good fight, a strong reveal could help. Enter some bigger asskicker or something. Slade his wife or something.

Dysun

Aside from the stupid "penicillin tea," another major problem with last season was how easily Ra's was able to destroy Oliver without even getting touched in the mid-season finale, and then suddenly they are fighting on equal footing by the finale for no real reason.

Season 3 makes no sense after the mid season finale

Season 3 makes no sense after the mid season finale
It was a fever dream; Oliver was hallucinating in his coma after getting stabbed, which explains why his wound moved down his chest, why Ra's sought Ollie to be his heir, and why he was able to take on Merlyn and Nyssa at the same time.

Yeah, none of the drama in the trailer seemed appealing to me. It's okay if half of the team dies. But I like that it's mostly focused on Damien and Oliver. I really like the Darhk character. There's just something sincere about him. He's not super hammy like Slade or a snooze fest like Ra's.

Furyous

I'm legit shocked Dark didn't do his googles on Oliver. Oliver is damn near abandoned Nightwing without Batman. Oliver should be able to kill Dark and destroy Hive with skill and political connects. There's no telling how many favors Amanda Waller owes Oliver so he needs to start calling them in.

Joni

And don't forget:
S01X09: The Dark Archer appears. It is Malcolm. WHAM.
S02X09: The villain is revealed: Slade. WHAM.
S03X09: R'as kicks Oliver off the mountain in a one-sided fight. WHAM.
S04X09: ...

actually, everyone besides Oliver dying might be cool, might reduce some of the sitcomy-ness of the show right now

but it isn't going to happen

Frog-fu

Banned
Killing off Felicity would be a gift.

Never gonna happen though so the best we can hope for is that they don't waste our time.

Cap Lance is gonna be the one in the grave. Seems too obvious.

Unless David Ramsey wanted out and we didn't know about it.

HabeeNo

And don't forget:
S01X09: The Dark Archer appears. It is Malcolm. WHAM.
S02X09: The villain is revealed: Slade. WHAM.
S03X09: R'as kicks Oliver off the mountain in a one-sided fight. WHAM.
S04X09: ...

Dahrk stomps Team Arrow and kills Felicity. WHAM

Laurel is the Black Canary. Regardless of how you feel about Laurel as a character, the name alone of her alter-ego guarantees her as much immunity as Oliver at this point.

Felicity is too obvious.
Although I feel that something might happen with her on some terms. There's no definite way that Darhk is her father, right?

Lance might be the biggest contender. The show really does stretch for a purpose to keep him in the story, so getting rid of him might be the best way. Make it poetic. One Lance lives, another dies.

actually, everyone besides Oliver dying might be cool, might reduce some of the sitcomy-ness of the show right now

but it isn't going to happen

Everyone dies and they fast forward to William donning The Green Arrow costume and moniker with Sara Diggle taking up the moniker of The Canary. Flashbacks shift to the story of William and Sara finding out their respective parents were heroes and and the flashbacks themselves will have flashbacks of the original Arrow crew's lesser known, sort of side story heroics.

Frog-fu

Banned
Would they really give him a new costume and a new codename just to kill him off though?
It's definitely Lance no doubt.

They put that costume together for like $80, lol.

The most obvious candidate is Lance but I wouldn't be surprised if it they subvert anticipation and kill off Diggle instead.

Effect

I don't think Dahrk really appreciates and understands what he's about to do here. What he's about to unleash by doing this.

Felicity seems like such an obvious choice and as a result is discounted. I think for that reason she's the one goes. People have already taken her out of the running so when it ends up being her it will be a shock. Diggle's story isn't done. Thea's story isn't done. Laruel likely has immunity as someone suggested. Not only is it the loss of her but it's also the fact that the last major interaction they possibly had was him lying to her face and he has to live with that. He'd likely break down after it happen but by the time of the funeral he'll be so fueled by rage that will be the reason why he's not breaking down in tears. Barry will likely have grieved already by the time the funeral has happen and he's just friends with Felicity. I don't expect him to lose it after the initial reaction which.

The only other person is Lance but he seems so likely to be the one it won't be him. There is nothing else story wise for Felicity to really do. You can still do a her father angle as someone that comes back seeking vengence for what happen to his daughter. She doesn't need to be there for that.

Frog-fu

Banned
I don't think Dahrk really appreciates and understands what he's about to do here. What he's about to unleash by doing this.

Felicity seems like such an obvious choice and as a result is discounted. I think for that reason she's the one goes. People have already taken her out of the running so when it ends up being her it will be a shock. Diggle's story isn't done. Thea's story isn't done. Laruel likely has immunity as someone suggested. Not only is it the loss of her but it's also the fact that the last major interaction they possibly had was him lying to her face and he has to live with that. He'd likely break down after it happen but by the time of the funeral he'll be so fueled by rage that will be the reason why he's not breaking down in tears. Barry will likely have grieved already by the time the funeral has happen and he's just friends with Felicity. I don't expect him to lose it after the initial reaction which.

The only other person is Lance but he seems so likely to be the one it won't be him. There is nothing else story wise for Felicity to really do. You can still do a her father angle as someone that comes back seeking vengence for what happen to his daughter. She doesn't need to be there for that.

The showrunners are full on pandering to the Olicity fanbase now. They're not getting rid of Felicity any time soon, if ever.

carlsojo

Look if they kill off Felicity we're going to have to sit through the three episode arc where Oliver travels to Earth-2 to recruit Earth-2 Felicity and nobody wants that.

I don't get people as well who use the excuse that Felicity can't be dead of "Barry would not be late to her funeral!" when Barry himself says he's caught up with Zoom. For all we know he was engaged in a serious brawl when the funeral was going on. I don't think she's going to die, but that excuse just bugs me.

Again, LOL at the idea that they're going to kill off Felicity. There's absolutely zero chance of that happening.

The only way it could is if it was a fake out. The people in charge of this show want to live their lives with out the need of police protection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom