• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
latest

Business as usual.

Wow. Just finished both crossover episodes. Loved them. Excellent job with Savage. I liked the origin they gave to him and the hawkpeople. It was a cool story.

Glad Oliver got to meet his son!

Throw in a three-way crossover with Supergirl in the spring and see how high those ratings can go.

Just wait for the four way crossover with that and Legends of Tomorrow.

But a Supergirl crossover across networks would be so awesome to see.

I still think in a few years as the shows are winding down we need to do Crisis on Infinite Earths and pull the film universe in as well.

Whose farm was that anyway? Are there staff who look after the animals full time who conveniently disappeared when all the heroes showed up?

Joni

Might as well cross post this here, too:
Quite good on a very strong night. Hope it motivates people to keep watching.

Even if the mom got sole custody, which would be a stretch, NO judge would deny him routine visitation rights.

Don't forget he won't be fighting for custody rights but visitation .
Which is much easier to get . Since i sure oliver won't want him living with him in star city .

Visitation rights can be denied, which often happens if for instance the parent has had no contact with the kid in years or if the parents has a past of drug/alcohol abuse. And it would depend if his name is even listed on the birth certificate.

4- He's running for Mayor . . .
That is not exactly the most stable job in the world. And he is running, he isn't yet.

He really isn't a notorious party animal and hasn't been for quite sometime. Ollie, in this show, is not depicted keeping up that facade at all. If anything, he would appear to be a hermit.
He ran a club until three years ago, he was seen there every night until two years ago.

The check was written and accepted, even if not cashed. Her lying and leaving has no logical reasoning without that check (she was just a partying teen before the pregnancy, so citing Ollie being a partier at the time doesn't make sense and his families money at the time would have made for a far more stable upbringing).
She could argue that the family blackmailing/threatening her is a sign that they didn't want the kid.

The state of the city only helps him since he's making it better (central bay project).
Don't think that is an argument that will work. It is still a craphole now.

The relationship is a lot longer than 6 months and more importantly than the length of time is the seriousness and the steadyness. They've been living together and he's bought a ring. An official proposal only further cements that.
The current relationship started at the end of season 3. The fact he is already marrying her now would be seen as a disadvantage.

Just wait for the four way crossover with that and Legends of Tomorrow.

But a Supergirl crossover across networks would be so awesome to see.

I still think in a few years as the shows are winding down we need to do Crisis on Infinite Earths and pull the film universe in as well.

That's what I keep thinking. If they do a crisis on infinite earths story in the film universe, they could reference the shows or use the characters. Same goes for the shows which might be cheaper to pull off. I guess it depends on how successful the upcoming DC movies are.

jrcbandit

The whole thing with son visitations and keeping it a secret is just CW-drama bullcrap. It's ridiculous that Ollie didn't insist on being able to tell his soon-to-be fiancee and that her demand was unreasonable - she expects him to start a marriage while keeping a secret this big? How exactly would it hurt her son? If she refused to budge, just threaten legal action, could tie her up in courts for years and Ollie can afford to hire the top lawyers with CEO-Felicity money.

The Canary cry has been such a joke past the first episode it was introduced. Didn't it disorient a ton of policeman and destroy loads of glass the first time it was used? I don't think it's ever done anything for Laurel, disorient 1 guy for like 2 seconds and he is back to fighting hand to hand with her almost immediately.

Joni

The whole thing with son visitations and keeping it a secret is just CW-drama bullcrap. It's ridiculous that Ollie didn't insist on being able to tell his soon-to-be fiancee and that her demand was unreasonable - she expects him to start a marriage while keeping a secret this big? How exactly would it hurt her son? If she refused to budge, just threaten legal action, could tie her up in courts for years and Ollie can afford to hire the top lawyers with CEO-Felicity money.

The Canary cry has been such a joke past the first episode it was introduced. Didn't it disorient a ton of policeman and destroy loads of glass the first time it was used? I don't think it's ever done anything for Laurel, disorient 1 guy for like 2 seconds and he is back to fighting hand to hand with her almost immediately.

Funny thing is, it only ever worked against Laurel and her team.

Shaanyboi

Banned
That's what I keep thinking. If they do a crisis on infinite earths story in the film universe, they could reference the shows or use the characters. Same goes for the shows which might be cheaper to pull off. I guess it depends on how successful the upcoming DC movies are.

The legal work to do that would be such a pain in the ass.

foxtrot3d

Banned
Visitation rights can be denied, which often happens if for instance the parent has had no contact with the kid in years or if the parents has a past of drug/alcohol abuse. And it would depend if his name is even listed on the birth certificate.

Just because something can happen doesn't mean it will or is even common. No sane judge would deny Oliver visitation rights and any sane judge on appeal would strike down any ruling by a lower judge denying him visitation rights. A complete denial of visitation rights is a rare thing and only used in certain extreme situations like a parent being a serial killer. Now, if Ollie came out as the Green Arrow well then that could potentially happen since he's a wanted vigilante linked to a few dozen murders, but absent that he would get routine visitation rights. And, we aren't even mentioning the fact that the mother knew who the father was and refused and later outright lied to the father about the existence of his son. Basically, the mom would not go into custody hearing with a really strong case.

Joni

Just because something can happen doesn't mean it will or is even common. No sane judge would deny Oliver visitation rights and any sane judge on appeal would strike down any ruling by a lower judge denying him visitation rights. A complete denial of visitation rights is a rare thing and only used in certain extreme situations like a parent being a serial killer. Now, if Ollie came out as the Green Arrow well then that could potentially happen since he's a wanted vigilante linked to a few dozen murders, but absent that he would get routine visitation rights. And, we aren't even mentioning the fact that the mother knew who the father was and refused and later outright lied to the father about the existence of his son. Basically, the mom would not go into custody hearing with a really strong case.
Just lying against Felicity until for instance you think it over sounds like a very uncomplicated strategy compared to immediately angering the mother of your child.

foxtrot3d

Banned
Just lying against Felicity until for instance you think it over sounds like a very uncomplicated strategy compared to immediately angering the mother of your child.

Well, I can only state what I would do in such a situation. Angering my son's mom would be the least of my concerns considering she's been keeping my son a secret from me for years becuz "lol, you use to party too much." I'm guessing she also conveniently forgot that she was there partying with him as well.

The entire situation is just written really poorly as if the mother knows that Oliver is the Green Arrow and thus has a logical reason to not want him near her son. However, she doesn't so her reaction only comes off as really heartless and cruel.

Man, I did not care for this Legends of Yesterday stuff at all. A shame they had to waste the crossover on it.

After the drama about Oliver's son, I totally expect Felicity to be pregnant by the end of the season.

And good riddance to the Hawks, especially Discount Jai Courtney.

e: That said, I'm glad that the crossover was a success for both shows.

The whole Arrow gang thing has become a joke. Diggle is literally Black Driver, with a shittier costume than we joked about. All Laurel did this episode was jump out of the back of the Van (that totally does never get destroyed) and open her mouth, which did NOTHING AT ALL. She might as well do a polka dance as an entrance. At least Thea tried to off Savage when she had the chance.

Jai Courtney is already the poverty Jai Courtney though. lol

Nah, he's Discount Sam Worthington. I swear, I thought he was in Genesys, when I saw the first trailer.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Was nice to have an episode with no flashbacks. I kept waiting for Vandal Savage to show up on the island.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Was nice to have an episode with no flashbacks. I kept waiting for Vandal Savage to show up on the island.

The funny thing is that they waited for the Arrow portion of the crossover to have Kendra's flashbacks.

Chariot

"Diggle."

"Go away, Oliver!"

"When I was on the island...."

"Shut up shut up shut up"

"...I found a golden pyramide puzzle. I put it together and met the ghost of an egyptian pharao with crazy hair. He told me about Savage and his Millenium Staff. I am destined to defeat him in a children's cardgame."

Joni

"Diggle."

"Go away, Oliver!"

"When I was on the island...."

"Shut up shut up shut up"

"...I found a golden pyramide puzzle. I put it together and met the ghost of an egyptian pharao with crazy hair. He told me about Savage and his Millenium Staff. I am destined to defeat him in a children's cardgame."

That looks like something that should be in some funny picture commentary.

Well, we got flashbacks, just not to the island.

I also love how flashbacks always get some sort of color filter, like people wouldn't be able to know otherwise.

Well, actually, yes.

There's a sizable chunk of the population that would spend at least part of that scene hopelessly confused.

Great episode, they really should do more of these cross overs.

But villains who are just bitter because they didn't get the girl are like the epitome of lameness.

Also they should make it so laurel doesn't have to open her mouth like that for the canary cry or w/e, always looks weird as fuck and totally takes me out of it.

Darks reaction to the flash was probably the highlight of the episode for me, and thea's gibs were so on point as well.

Platy

I am still freaking out about the logistics of a Captain Cold toy existing in the Arrowverse. That is SO FUCKED UP

Platy

I guess you can make action figures of public figures that can't sue you for copyrights and stuff because if they could they would be arrested

I can't be the only one that was expecting him to have an Arrow figure too?

*WITH REMOVABLE HOOD !*

"Hey uncle Oliver, that looks like you !"

There are some amazing kid actors, like Sabrina Carpenter on Girl Meets World.
I protest.

Of course I made a generalization, like he ass I am. I haven't seen any of these shows.

Except from Gotham.

Kid Bruce only stepped it up two episodes ago and even then I'd argue that people think it's good, because he wasn't a reactionary character anymore and stopped bitching and crying for one.

Except from Gotham.

The way I took it is that he was part of the Flash action figurine set. It's no fun playing with toys of heroes, when you have no baddies.

I am still freaking out about the logistics of a Captain Cold toy existing in the Arrowverse. That is SO FUCKED UP

I feel sorry for that dead security guard's family. Imagine his son having to see the face of his father's killer in the toy aisle one day.

I hope we get an episode one day where Cold attacks the toy manufacturer. He's gotta make up for all those unpaid royalties for using his likeness.

Joni

I feel sorry for that dead security guard's family. Imagine his son having to see the face of his father's killer in the toy aisle one day.

I hope we get an episode one day where Cold attacks the toy manufacturer. He's gotta make up for all those unpaid royalties for using his likeness.

Supposing the kid ever finds out Cold did that. Cold seems to mainly shoot bad guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom