• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klyka

Banned
If Felicity dies I'm out.

image.php

strafer

Wow.

Two shows have really disappointed me this year.

They really need to stop killing off cast just because of ratings.

Thank god I The Flash.

This show can fuck off.

Tabby

Wow.

Two shows have really disappointed me this year.

They really need to stop killing off cast just because of ratings.

Thank god I The Flash.

This show can fuck off.

She's not dead.

It is getting boring how one cast member leaves/dies each year though.

Come on folks... Everyone take a breath and use some comic-book logic...

- The "Genesis" gas isn't strictly meant to kill. That's why Dahrk specifically called for the "balance" or something to be adjusted after his cultist-test.

- Said gas clearly has some life-giving quality as well, as seen in the field of corn/adjusted oxygen levels, whatnot. (Nevermind its name also being a wink to Star Trek's famous Spock-death-fakeout in the original movies, right down to Felicity's hand-on-glass moment)

Something in that gas will deus-ex-machina Felicity back to wellness, and also set up Hive's actual plot for the back half of the season.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
pretty great mid-season finale

i am thoroughly pleased with how they've turned around after S3 - i have high hopes for the back half of the season!

also

Tuesday: The Flash
Wednesday: Arrow
Thursday: DC's Legends of Tomorrow

so bonkers

I honestly don't even see what the end goal of this show is now. You would think the US Government would be all down this city's ass already with all these attacks.

Show makes less and less sense with each passing episode. I bet even Damien Darhk can't stop a bullet hitting his face since he would be on a hit list right now.

It's a lot easier to make a turnaround when you start off awful and can only go up.

Arrow has never gotten to the depths of Gotham. At least not for me.
Season 3 of Arrow for me is probably the worst season of a show I have watched besides OUAT S2.
Back half of Gotham easily put it over Arrow for me.

Effect

You mean they need to stop fake killing off cast? She's not dead.

Exactly. It would be one thing if people were actually dying. They aren't and that's the problem. There is no consequence anymore. Sara never should have been brought back to life. As much as I kinda hope Felicity is dead for the story deep down I know she's likely not. They'll zag and someone else not as important will be in the grave. I still think Felicity is the best person to go right now though. That doesn't stop her from showing up in flash backs. There is a LOT that happens off screen in this show so they could keep using her if they wished.

pretty great mid-season finale

i am thoroughly pleased with how they've turned around after S3 - i have high hopes for the back half of the season!

also

Tuesday: The Flash
Wednesday: Arrow
Thursday: DC's Legends of Tomorrow

so bonkers

We just need a Monday night show.
Green Lantern plz.

Well there's Supergirl, which I've fallen behind on. Crossover rumors etc.

Yeah.... no. For every good episode like this week's episode
MARTIAN MANHUNTER
there's the Red Tornado one or the one with the bombs and the train. Anyways, even if Supergirl got really solid, I greedily still want an Arrowverse show every night of the week. If they do crossover I'm sure it'll be a one time thing.

ZeroX03

Banned
Yeah.... no. For every good episode like this week's episode
MARTIAN MANHUNTER
there's the Red Tornado one or the one with the bombs and the train. Anyways, even if Supergirl got really solid, I greedily still want an Arrowverse show every night of the week. If they do crossover I'm sure it'll be a one time thing.

Quoting that post revealed that spoiler. Hooooooly shit I definitely have to watch.

Arrowverse every night would stretch Kreisberg and Berlanti to the limit. They're already at three plus Supergirl. If they wanna bring back Constantine as their final show I wouldn't complain though.

Effect

I can only assume that the people who want Felicity to die liked moody gloomy Oliver from season 3 and wants him back.

Not at all. I like current Oliver. I just think you don't need Felicity as his girlfriend or wife in order to have that change in him. The change would have felt more solid and earned had he made it on his own from interacting with other people and learning from his mistakes instead of just falling in love. I don't like the melodrama that has resulted from the two being together. I hated it in season 3 (it was largely why season 3 was a disappointment. Otherwise season 3 isn't that bad overall. ) and now is only mildly better. At least there is less crying. More importantly I don't like how the writers have written or handled it. What is happening in Flash on this front with characters is far better written. How Kara and James interact and how their relationship is building in Supergirl is far better written. I just think Olicity has been handled poorly and it's always been handled poorly.

If they were to give Felicity something else to do while ending the relationship that would be the ideal direction.

I just re-watched the episode and the scene when Canary and Malcolm enter have some crappy shot. You could actually see that Merlin is not even hitting the guy and the guy falls. Lol.

BokehKing

Banned
Felicity needs to stay dead, she drags down the show to me and holds it back

She was cute in season 1, after that she needed to be a casualty of war, her slapping ra's was the moment I had enough of her

Felicity needs to stay dead, she drags down the show to me and holds it back

She was cute in season 1, after that she needed to be a casualty of war, her slapping ra's was the moment I had enough of her

Say what now? I must have missed this. Are u sure it happened cause i dont recall her being brutally beaten or stabbed or anything in season 3, cause if she slapped the demons head im sure one of those things wouldve happened.

Joni

Was a good episode, but I don't know if it made for a great winter finale. The in-jokes were fantastic, the CGI was terrible, that king shark appearance was fun, the ending is in no way a death. Kinda disappointed they didn't give more information on the HIVE leaders, but curious a lot on their plan.

I'd rather Iris West die instead of Felicity but she is a damn drag. Wouldn't be surprised of she isn't dead.

Still think the grave should have been Diggles as he is clearly becoming a Lantern.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Malcolm sure is hilarious.

Chesthair: How did you get the info?
Malcolm: I'm Ra's Al Ghul!

Damn good response for any hard question!

We had a big laugh at that. Kudos, Mr. Barrowman.

Felicity was fine this episode, not seeing where the hate is coming from. I don't see where the Andy subplot is going, and it only raises dumb questions like "So... where does he poop?" Was definitely expecting daddy Lance to take a hit, but was surprised that wasn't the case. Darkh was appropriately menacing.

Overall, one of the better episodes this season. That final sequence was well done.

Though I'm fully expecting Felicity to stay dead publicly so that now she's out of Darkh's sights. But she'll continue helping Team Arrow from behind the scenes.

The preview already has a shot of them rushing her to the hospital. This isn't a hospital show, so the ER is magic, and she'll be fine in a week or two.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I thought this was better than the Gotham and Flash finales. I don't know why they bothered with the limo thing though.

Honestly the only bit I enjoyed was the limo bit

Too much time was spent on Oliver deciding not to propose to Felicity whilst in Star City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom