• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Felicity dies I'm out.

I'm putting money on them making it appears she's dead, complete with funeral and grave, but it's a ploy and *surprise* she's alive and had to be hidden from Dahrk for some reason.

EDIT: Haven't read the thread but I see the same theory at the very top of this page, unsurprisingly. It's seems like a very likely gambit.

Joni

Honestly the only bit I enjoyed was the limo bit

Too much time was spent on Oliver deciding not to propose to Felicity whilst in Star City

Could have certainly been simplified to a single "Just haven't found the right romantic moment yet since we got back" scene.

Noticed this only when watching a season 1 episode a while back, but what the hell happens to the photo of Laurel Oliver had while on the island? Does he lose it in the flashbacks and that's why it never appears? I know everyone and their mother hated Laurel and Oliver together, but start of season 1 Oliver makes it very clear that Laurel was what he missed the most, and yet they haven't referenced it since like season 2 at most. Plus it's just flashbacks, Laurel will never appear.

Joni

Noticed this only when watching a season 1 episode a while back, but what the hell happens to the photo of Laurel Oliver had while on the island? Does he lose it in the flashbacks and that's why it never appears? I know everyone and their mother hated Laurel and Oliver together, but start of season 1 Oliver makes it very clear that Laurel was what he missed the most, and yet they haven't referenced it since like season 2 at most. Plus it's just flashbacks, Laurel will never appear.

He started banging Shado, then Sara, probably Amanda Waller, soon Taiana. It would be really weird to stare at that Laurel photo.

Oregano

They retconned it to him being in love with Felicity from that one time he got a glimpse of her whilst back in Starling City undercover. Him and Laurel were totes just friends./guggenheim

Skux

Yeah, I was a little disappointed. The best part was Darhk walking through those crops and talking about phase 6 or whatever. That was the only part that hinted at what's to come.

I just can't take the idea of Felicity being in danger seriously because this isn't 24 or Game of Thrones and the showrunners and audience love her too much to have her die. So no matter how many gas chambers or limo shootings she gets involved in, it won't matter, she can't die, so there's no tension in any of these scenes.

Yeah, I was a little disappointed. The best part was Darhk walking through those crops and talking about phase 6 or whatever. That was the only part that hinted at what's to come.
Darhk wants to ruin Star City with corn subsidies. Enjoy your ethanol and HFCS, Team Arrow!

Best episode of the season, but yeah, it's a shame they don't have the chops to do it.

And I love Felicity, she's one of the best parts of the show, as bad as it has gotten.

Ashhong

Reading this thread really reminds me of the early Smallville seasons. Makes me feel nostalgic. After putting up with that Lana/Clark bullshit for 9 or so seasons I can deal with the Felicity/Oliver stuff here. You guys don't even know how good you have it.

Reading this thread really reminds me of the early Smallville seasons. Makes me feel nostalgic. After putting up with that Lana/Clark bullshit for 9 or so seasons I can deal with the Felicity/Oliver stuff here. You guys don't even know how good you have it.
At least they call him Green Arrow here (although it took a while to get there).

Ashhong

At least they call him Green Arrow here (although it took a while to get there).

Smallville watchers knew that he would never be Superman though, so that wasn't a big issue. The relationships..that was an issue. Everyone finds out Arrow's identity in this show. Practically nobody knew Clark's until many seasons in. And then when someone found out...they hit their head and forgot.

Loved that stupid show..

Flash

do people like felicity? I can't stand her... I think Oliver will be a lot more interesting with her out of the mix

no way they go forward with this though

Even on Smallville Ollie ended up with the computer whiz character that wasn't in the comics (Felicity's just an in-name-only incarnation of her comic counterpart before anyone tries correcting me).

Eight but it was awful, just awful and I hate how they basically made Lois a second choice on top of Clark being so damn mopey for all eight of them. I've said it many times before but season 10 pretty much ruined the show for me.

ReiGun

do people like felicity? I can't stand her... I think Oliver will be a lot more interesting with her out of the mix

She's the most popular character on the show by far.

People love Felicity as much as they despise Laurel. That's how popular she is.

Magwik

Banned
Regardless of how you feel about Felicity herself, that entire scene (and episode) is probably the best they've put out since S2. The music choice, the camera shots, and it swapping between Oliver and Damien was excellent.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Oh you know what.

Felicity fake dies, helps them full time in the bunker, Dhark doesn't go after her anymore, Oliver gets his company back.

It makes sense.

Regardless of how you feel about Felicity herself, that entire scene (and episode) is probably the best they've put out since S2. The music choice, the camera shots, and it swapping between Oliver and Damien was excellent.

Scene was so damn good but is completely ruined knowing its just a fake out.
Im completely over fake outs even for characters I love like another show currently on.
Especially with Arrow where every other death is one.

The "I'm a nerd lol" foot in the mouth schtick got old for me in season 1. What they've done with her since hasn't been that compelling either. I couldn't care less if she died. She is just a nothing character.

PreFire

If it's a fake out, now we know why Barry wasn't emotional when he showed up at the grave.

Then again, they could literally go anywhere from here. Part of me wants her for real dead, so this Olicity drama shit is over with (seriously, she acts like a groupie around him..amongst other things) and make green arrow angry again.

This last episode, the writers fucked with us big time though. They kept showing scenes of characters that could possibly die, with fake hints in them.. Like with Laurel and her dad.. "Idk what I would do if something happened to you.. Well, I do know.. It wouldn't be good" and they stare at each other.

Then the scenes with Thea, and Malcom.. his alliance with green arrow can't last that long. If she dies because of Oli, Merlyn hates him for life or whatever. War

Diggle and bro. I felt like his bro was probably making some sort of sharp object out of the chair or objects around him.. And when Diggle got close enough to the cage, and go face to face, little bro stabs Diggle while staring into his eyes. Diggle bleeds out while little bro steals the keys to the cage lock and bounces.

Or maybe I was just looking too deep into it, expecting a death because of that stupid cemetery scene.

Magwik

Banned
No, they were definitely mudding with everyone's expectations for sure. Lance did about four things alone that are red flags for death. It was actually quite brilliant. Make the viewers actually think the strong supporting cast could die. Even Malcom had a close call.

Also the whole "Barry wouldn't be late if it was ___" is the worst argument possible for someone not dying. Dude is late as fuck to everything and has to fight off and manage his relationship as well. "Barry wouldn't miss the funeral"
The motherfucker is the fastest man alive and he can't even get to work on time.

It's too early for the cemetery scene. The flash forward said it would be six months in the future, and that was in October, so it's not until April or so.

What they could (but won't) do is have Felicity deteriorate in the hospital for a while and then eventually die off, but this isn't Grey's Anatomy.

But yeah, they even threw in the red herring that some extra, extra character like Felicity's mom or Ollie's campaign manager would bite it by featuring them for a bit.

PreFire

No, they were definitely mudding with everyone's expectations for sure. Lance did about four things alone that are red flags for death. It was actually quite brilliant. Make the viewers actually think the strong supporting cast could die. Even Malcom had a close call.

Also the whole "Barry wouldn't be late if it was ___" is the worst argument possible for someone not dying. Dude is late as fuck to everything and has to fight off and manage his relationship as well. "Barry wouldn't miss the funeral"
The motherfucker is the fastest man alive and he can't even get to work on time.

Hope that wasn't directed at me, I only said we probably know why he wasn't emotional when he showed up. If Felicity is really dead, he would have cried at least a little after seeing her name on the tombstone with fresh dirt on the grave. I agree, Barry is always late.

But you're right lol I knew I wasn't just going nuts. I was like "oh, so it's Lance that's gonna die." Then "oh, shit, it's gonna be Laurel".. To "oh fuck, Malcom gonna die to this shit!?" To the "lol wtf Felicity, a fucking fakeout"

I even thought the campaign manager was somehow involved with trickster for a moment. I was expecting some craziness lol

Hell, Barry says to Oliver he was late because he was dealing with Zoom. For all we know, he was literally fighting Zoom when the funeral was on or managing some rough shit. Last finale he said that he couldn't help with the virus in the city because of Wells so I doubt that it would be too hard to imagine that he couldn't make it to a funeral due to dealing with the big bad.

Khezu

Lana was just the worst.
Louis was great in Smallville, but she came too late, and even then Clark was still weird about Lana.

Felicity is a saint in comparison, and the writers still have a chance to turn her around and salvage her character.

Snake

I give this episode a..

animation16tuuh.gif
/ 5

I'm glad that I wasn't the only one to appreciate this moment.

Joni

I just can't take the idea of Felicity being in danger seriously because this isn't 24 or Game of Thrones and the showrunners and audience love her too much to have her die. So no matter how many gas chambers or limo shootings she gets involved in, it won't matter, she can't die, so there's no tension in any of these scenes.
There are at least three Game of Thrones main characters that won't die before the ultimate ending, no matter what. Game of Thrones just has more expendable characters to mess around with you making you think everybody can die. But that isn't true.

What they could (but won't) do is have Felicity deteriorate in the hospital for a while and then eventually die off, but this isn't Grey's Anatomy.
That is expensive. You need to keep paying people to do that.

I really don't understand why they're going for the super obvious cop-outs. She's in as much danger as Oliver was last season. They're going to give her some penicillin tea and she'll be alright by the end of the episode.

Other than that, I liked the episode, mostly because of Darhk. He's such a super fun villain. The actor is doing a great job and I really liked pretty much every scene with Darhk in it. I liked the Saturday morning cartoon quips as well. "I'm dying to see who's behind that mask. It looks like you're dying a little as well!" or something like that. Good stuff.

Joni

I really don't understand why they're going for the super obvious cop-outs. She's in as much danger as Oliver was last season. They're going to give her some penicillin tea and she'll be alright by the end of the episode.
Because there are apparantly people that do believe it.

Even the absolute worst moments of Olicity will never touch the black hole Lana Lang brought to Smallville. She was the true villain of that show. Her sole existence was to tease, foil, and emasculate Red Blue Blur Clark Kent.

neorej

ERMYGERD!

Other than that, I liked the episode, mostly because of Darhk. He's such a super fun villain. The actor is doing a great job and I really liked pretty much every scene with Darhk in it. I liked the Saturday morning cartoon quips as well. "I'm dying to see who's behind that mask. It looks like you're dying a little as well!" or something like that. Good stuff.

Neal McDonough is awesome in everything. The man has a presence.

I'm putting money on them making it appears she's dead, complete with funeral and grave, but it's a ploy and *surprise* she's alive and had to be hidden from Dahrk for some reason.

EDIT: Haven't read the thread but I see the same theory at the very top of this page, unsurprisingly. It's seems like a very likely gambit.

After Sara I'm obviously gonna wait out the season.

Sara's death was so stupid, kinda set the tone for the entire Season 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom