• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Of course Felicity isn't dead, she's protected by the same plot-armour that kept Ollie save inside the limo that got shot up.

Joni

Let's talk about something else, like how R'as Al Ghul keeps dressing up as the Arrow.
Or how Diggle, Roy, R'as and Malcolm have now worn that costume.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Let's talk about something else, like how R'as Al Ghul keeps dressing up as the Arrow.

I'm more interested in how both the Flash and Arrow have upgraded their lairs, but still everyone and their mother can waltz right in.

I'm more interested in how both the Flash and Arrow have upgraded their lairs, but still everyone and their mother can waltz right in.

It is contractually mandated that someone in the show have swag. Malcolm is currently in possession of said swag, therefore he can enter any lair at wlll. Bonus points for an amusing quip upon entry.

Of course Felicity isn't dead, she's protected by the same plot-armour that kept Ollie save inside the limo that got shot up.

Man, that was confusing at first. I liked the scene at the beginning, because it had a great mafia feel to it. When they started shooting at the limo, I thought it was armored and they'd somehow break in, but then the driver died (which I thought was Diggle at first) and thought that it makes no sense not to have the windshield armored. Then Oliver drove the limo away and only at the end you saw Felicity catching some bullets. This was kinda worse than everyone of the superfriends surviving the gas as long as they did.

Overall none of this matters. Even if Felicity had died in that attack, they'd somehow magically use the Lazarus Pit and she'd be back.

I thought that was fun. Maybe Thea can wear it next time.

The Arrow team stepped their game up at least, with only Malcom and his goons breaking in so far. But Star Labs is a total joke and it kinda sucks that the writers have just accepted this, to the point where they let the characters talk about upgraded security, just to have some random stalker enter the facility right after they finished their lines.

Joni

The Arrow writers are at least sane enough to lampshade it.

Then Oliver drove the limo away and only at the end you saw Felicity catching some bullets. This was kinda worse than everyone of the superfriends surviving the gas as long as they did.
I think they were actually making it less lethal for their purposes.

Chariot

Olicity ain't dead.

I admit it did look bad, but that's just to throw us off. She's not going anywhere and neither is that romance.
Or there is always a possiblity

The Blackest Night falls from the skies,

The darkness grows as all light dies.

We crave your hearts and your demise,

By my black hand, the dead shall rise!

No one has actually died in this show in a while, I think it's about time they actually kill off a character instead of bringing her back as a cyborg or some shit in 3 weeks.

Chariot

No one has actually died in this show in a while, I think it's about time they actually kill off a character instead of bringing her back as a cyborg or some shit in 3 weeks.
Hey, what about the League guys that Barrowman sends to their death constantly, to the point where he doesn't have support ressources against Darhk no more.
What value does death add?
Blackest Night and Brightest Day, man!

What value does death add?

This would be amazing. Lets be real.

Honestly not much, and yeah, it would be.

Hey, what about the League guys that Barrowman sends to their death constantly, to the point where he doesn't have support ressources against Darhk no more.Blackest Night and Brightest Day, man!

I'd honestly love a parody about a super villian who killed so many of his own people he only has like 3 guys left. Hell that's probably why he started doing his dramatic entrances alone.

Chase17

I don't like the canary cry. It's gotta go.

I burst out laughing when Lance showed up said something like "now there's five", and then proceeded to do nothing but watch the others fight.

neorej

ERMYGERD!

I burst out laughing when Lance showed up said something like "now there's five", and then proceeded to do nothing but watch the others fight.

The Canary Cry is fine. It's the execution that's laughable. Her position when she does it compresses the lungs, so the amount of air you can move is very limited. Would be much better if she stood up straight while doing it.

Joni

I'd complain more about the cops running in when everyone was already down. Lance at least shot some of them.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas

Sure why not. They've already trivialized death in the show to the extend that at worst it becomes an unplanned trip to parmamabambanatwatever.

The perfect opportunity for Oliver to comment to everyone that on the island he just so happened to meet a man like this, but green.

With that plan, Darhk should just move to Detroit. They'd elect him mayor.

How can he have fun as a super villain when most of his work has already been done for him?

w2LOZrO.jpg

O20c5G2.jpg

Even the absolute worst moments of Olicity will never touch the black hole Lana Lang brought to Smallville. She was the true villain of that show. Her sole existence was to tease, foil, and emasculate Red Blue Blur Clark Kent.

My sister's husband started watching Smallville with us during season eight. He was starting to get into it. Then Lana came back and he never watched another episode again.

My sister's husband started watching Smallville with us during season eight. He was starting to get into it. Then Lana came back and he never watched another episode again.

Season eight was going along fine until Lana came back that shit just ruined the season and any sort of development Clark had made and really put a dark cloud over everything that happened after... Then the producers started doing something similar with Chloe with putting the character on a ridiculous Mary Sue pedestal..

Chariot

With that helmet having that awful T-shape, I just keep thinking there's some inevitable moment where he gives to Curtis or Curtis tries it out.
Couks very well be. But I don't care for Terrific, give me my lantern and give Green Arrow and Green Lantern. >:|

They can even weaken him down by letting him be super uncreative and habe an long term character arc where he learns to fully grasp the ring.

With that helmet having that awful T-shape, I just keep thinking there's some inevitable moment where he gives to Curtis or Curtis tries it out.

It's not even a helmet, it's a mask which makes it even worse in its practicality. There's next to zero benefit from wearing the stupid thing. Hell, a motorcycle helmet would be better.

Jonogunn

Man. Malcolm really didn't love his son did he? He has shown no remorse or anything feels towards his dead son and wife since season 1.

ZeroX03

Banned
Man. Malcolm really didn't love his son did he? He has shown no remorse or anything feels towards his dead son and wife since season 1.

By his own account he seems to have always preferred Oliver to Tommy and Thea is slightly more amenable to his awful plans so I guess poor Tommy for being a more balanced person and thus less likeable to Merlyn.

Magwik

Banned
By his own account he seems to have always preferred Oliver to Tommy and Thea is slightly more amenable to his awful plans so I guess poor Tommy for being a more balanced person and thus less likeable to Merlyn.
There's been quite a few interviews with the writers and Barrowman where they explicitly state that Oliver is the son that Malcom always wanted. Hell they originally planned for Malcom to actually be his father but scrapped it and saved it for Thea.

ZeroX03

Banned
There's been quite a few interviews with the writers and Barrowman where they explicitly state that Oliver is the son that Malcom always wanted. Hell they originally planned for Malcom to actually be his father but scrapped it and saved it for Thea.

Pretty sure he says it in the show at some point. Barrowman was the one who suggested the switch to Thea IIRC.

Pretty sure he says it in the show at some point. Barrowman was the one who suggested the switch to Thea IIRC.
I heard as well it was because Thea was a brunette when she had two blonde parents which I think isn't genetically possible so she was the better option. Sort of like how in Batman Beyond
Bruce Wayne
was Terry and his brothers father mostly because the writers realized neither their mother nor father had black hair like them.

I can't argue about Tommy but didn't the whole reason he wanted to kill Brick last season was because he murdered his wife?

I know everyone is talking about what Felicity's reaction to William may be, but can you imagine Laurel's? Didn't Oliver get the girl pregnant when he was dating her?

Frog-fu

Banned
I know everyone is talking about what Felicity's reaction to William may be, but can you imagine Laurel's? Didn't Oliver get the girl pregnant when he was dating her?

That is strange. It does feels like the show is avoiding mentioning Ollie and Laurel were childhood sweethearts. It hardly ever gets acknowledged, which I'm guessing they're doing to avoid pissing off the Olicity fanbase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom