• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadly

I imagine the gravestone thing will just be Oliver faking Felicity's death and then keeping everyone else in the dark about what's really going on, like he's done in the past with that role in the League. He'll probably hide her away somewhere until the Darhk arc finishes.
Nailed it. So dumb though those wounds look pretty serious....

Every time Oliver talks about how Felicity is the only person who makes him see things right or what-not, I feel like Diggle, Thea and Laurel just get flung right underneath the bus.

Also lol at the off-screen shark fight. But at least we got an explanation for that scar now.

Apparently there was a photo of a
wheelchair
posted from someone working on the show?
Taking Felicity down the Oracle route? If so, kill me now.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Apparently there was a photo of a
wheelchair
posted from someone working on the show?
Taking Felicity down the Oracle route? If so, kill me now.

They've used
Oracle
as a red herring before, so I think it's another fake out.

Plus, they love having her step over random stuff for... reasons.

Maddocks

Bye diggle. His bro is going to get out and kill him. Felicity can be wheelchair bound just to piss people off. But she not dying.

ZeroX03

Banned
Some interesting stuff from the Kresiberg podcast:

Slade was originally going to be the season one villain until they cast Barrowman as Merlyn and realized he was strong enough to be the big bad.and pushed the Slade plot to S2. Also Sara was originally going to be Ravager!

Some interesting stuff from the Kresiberg podcast:

Slade was originally going to be the season one villain until they cast Barrowman as Merlyn and realized he was strong enough to be the big bad.and pushed the Slade plot to S2. Also Sara was originally going to be Ravager!
Knew that about Sara. I think Summer Gau thought if she was on a superhero show she had to be getting in on the action so they made her Ravager.

And that just reminded me of that terrible mask used for the character.

foxtrot3d

Banned
Wow, that was an actual great episode I really don't have many complaints. Hell, even the humor was on point in this episode I say we replace Malcolm with Felicity for all jokes now. The only thing that "sucks" is Felicity getting shot, there is just no way they will allow her to die which is sad. It's why I tend to hate comic book stuff, death has no meaning. Malcolm, Sara, Andy, all of them should have stayed dead.

EDIT:

Also, was I the only one thinking of The West Wing with that Christmas music at the end and the limousine?

ryan299

Killing Felicity is the only way to save the show for me. They've screwed themselves by putting her and Oliver together. A major shakeup is needed, so I hope this happens.

Anybody else think the fights are too choreographed? Everything is too scripted and looks fake.

foxtrot3d

Banned
Killing Felicity is the only way to save the show for me. They've screwed themselves by putting her and Oliver together. A major shakeup is needed, so I hope this happens.

Anybody else think the fights are too choreographed? Everything is too scripted and looks fake.

How so? The relationship isn't a problem stupid writing is or do you prefer the show go back to dumb love triangles?

inm8num2

That was a great episode. The contrast between the ambush shooting and the Christmas music worked really well. I don't think Felicity's gone, either. Injured, yes, but death faked perhaps to protect her while she recovers and keep her out of harm's way as Oliver launches a plan to take out Darhk for good.

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
The canary cry can break that heavy duty glass, but can only stun people for like a second? Cisco better upgrade that shit ASAP.

Malcolm fills the Green Arrow suite just fine.

I was just waiting for her to be sniped at the tree lighting. Or a blade coming through her heart...with Slade standing behind her and saying "I'm back, kid."

Gvitor

Good episode, Malcolm continues to be the best.

But my god, this Felicity thing is the biggest red herring on this show. Problem is, if she doesn't die, whoever dies in her place will feel forced. I'm sticking to my guns on Thea.

Also Cisco really needs to develop another Canary Cry. Laurel screaming is ridiculous every goddamn time.

carlsojo

Kind of a late thought but what was that gas actually supposed to do? Maybe it's going to do something to Felicity since it's still in her system?

The canary cry can break that heavy duty glass, but can only stun people for like a second? Cisco better upgrade that shit ASAP.

Zoom sets off a Dark Matter wave through the breaches. Laurel is in town to get an upgrade from Cisco. They both get hit, giving Laurel the Canary Cry and Cisco his shockwaves.

Because all this show can do is rip off Batman and completely screw it up.
Ra's was honestly so bad that should have been it but I cut them slack since 1 and 2 were so good.

Really its not even just that, I'm probably out if this Felicity thing is just a fake out.

I don't get how Gotham had such an incredible turnaround yet this has been left sitting around the gutter for nearly 2 seasons now.

Ra's was honestly so bad that should have been it but I cut them slack since 1 and 2 were so good.

Honestly, Damien Dahrk is pretty much Ras al Ghul done right. He's a little more gleeful than Ras, but spot on. Much better than the Ras we got.

Dalek

Can anyone GIF that scene of Oliver swimming and the shark is following him? My wife and I laughed out loud at those effects.

Also my wife mistakenly called Damien Dhark "Donnie Darko".

Best mid season finally of comic book shows. Felicity is not dead, like many here i expected her to get snipped when Ollie proposed. Darhk is great. Malcolm always cracks me up, especially with that bondage joke lol.

THE DRUMMER BOY SONG AT THE END WAS PERFECTION.

Dalek

Best mid season finally of comic book shows. Felicity is not dead, like many here i expected her to get snipped when Ollie proposed. Darhk is great. Malcolm always cracks me up, especially with that bondage joke lol.

THE DRUMMER BOY SONG AT THE END WAS PERFECTION.

Malcolm was great this episode.

Seriously.

Who the fuck is Speed Weed

Lol, the Thea/Malcolm relationship is so weird.

They're on good terms this week. Pinky promise.

Four years ago he murdered 500 people.

Mrs Smoake and Detective Lance are banging.

Loooooool

RedAssedApe

Banned

Really its not even just that, I'm probably out if this Felicity thing is just a fake out.

I don't get how Gotham had such an incredible turnaround yet this has been left sitting around the gutter for nearly 2 seasons now.
It's a lot easier to make a turnaround when you start off awful and can only go up.

Arrow has never gotten to the depths of Gotham. At least not for me.

duxstar

Damnit this season needs to end so i can watch it, Not gonna lie i down arrow in like 2 nights when its all out, but i can't deal with weekly episodes, I'm a child with no patience when it comes to Ollie + Felicity stuff.

Now that we're on break, I've began season one again :D 25 minutes into the pilot and I'm reminded how this show hooked me.

Killer Ollie 4-EVER

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
They delivered on the mid season finale, as always. As soon as Oliver and Felicity drove off being happy, I knew shit was about to get real. I actually liked how they contrasted the limousine hit squad with Dhark apparently having a normal family.

No way is Felicity dead though. It's still too ambiguous.

Laurel and Merlyn were the highlights of the episode. I love that him breaking into their HQ has become a running gag. You have to just embrace stuff like that.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
The dude that plays Andy never struck me as a bad actor in his other work but man he stunk up the joint in Arrow. And that's saying something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom