• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReiGun

I know everyone is talking about what Felicity's reaction to William may be, but can you imagine Laurel's? Didn't Oliver get the girl pregnant when he was dating her?

Laurel knows Ollie ain't shit and definitely wasn't shit when they were together. So I imagine her reaction will be like "Well....sounds about right."

ZeroX03

Banned
Laurel seems to have very much moved on from her relationship with oliver.

There's no other available guys on the show too. Poor girl, even Mama Smoak is getting more action than her. Maybe she should make the switch to Team Nyssa? More chemistry with her than anyone else.

Chariot

I think Laurel is currently spread enough between her complicated family, her actual job, training and doing the vigilante thing. Where do you think she has time to date right now?

ZeroX03

Banned
I think Laurel is currently spread enough between her complicated family, her actual job, training and doing the vigilante thing. Where do you think she has time to date right now?

I don't know, where do you think Thea and Oliver have the time to date right now?

(That's other people not each other, Wozzly)

Chariot

Weren't she and Nyssa taking an interest in one another at some point?
I thought they were just friends. Getting it on with the sister of your (then) dead girlfriend is weird.

I don't know, where do you think Thea and Oliver have the time to date right now?

(That's other people not each other, Wozzly)
I really don't know where Felicity takes the time for all the vigilange stuff. Who us even leading the company? Other than that they are doing stuff together as vigilante works and official couple in public. It's part of their working life. And Thea. Does Thea have a real job right now?

I really don't know where Felicity takes the time for all the vigilange stuff. Who us even leading the company? Other than that they are doing stuff together as vigilante works and official couple in public. It's part of their working life. And Thea. Does Thea have a real job right now?

She runs it during the day. Then she helps the team fight off all the evil of Star City between 7pm-10pm each night. And they only go out of town to fight crime on the weekends.

Magwik

Banned
Oliver lost though.

Laurel is banging. Also, nowhere near as much of a cry baby as Felicity.

Laurel has become best girl.

Almost by default, but best girl nonetheless.

VuG4R93.jpg
"Bitch im so much better than you"

Ithil

Touche.

Barrowman is best girl.

Btw. where is Sin? Shouldn't somebody tell her that Sara is alive again?

She has a lead role on Scream, it's why she was only in one episode last season. At most she might be in one this season, if she's in any.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Fanbase gone wild, don't judge me though, they aint on trial.

I would love love love Laurel and Oliver to get back together just for the fan reactions.

It needs a visual effect so, so badly. It's so just inconsistent and silly looking otherwise.

I can't imagine myself ever liking a character or pairing so much that I would feel the need to actually reply to a tweet with things like this. Man, props to Katie for dealing with this type of shit.

Worst part is that this is tame to the type of things I've seen some fans do.

Oh I've seen some of the not so nice shit "Olicity"/Felicity fans have done online and yeah this is definitely tame.

It also bugs/annoys me when people use the names of others (mainly celebrities) as their handle on Twitter if not also their name. It comes off, at least to me, as if they created the account to be an impostor or some lame attempt at getting followers. That might stem from all the fakes and liars I've encountered online over the years.

slade

Hopefully the Felicity thing isn't a swerve but it's only mid season so it feels like a swerve. If they don't kill her I hope they really marginalize her role on the show. Actually, I hope they do this for most of the extra characters. One thing I liked about Daredevil was that he was carrying the weight alone for most of the show and even when his friend found out, the show didn't turn into a Superfriends special. This is the main thing wrong with the CW shows right now, the title character is getting marginalized because of all the other characters' BS.

ZeroX03

Banned
Hopefully the Felicity thing isn't a swerve but it's only mid season so it feels like a swerve. If they don't kill her I hope they really marginalize her role on the show. Actually, I hope they do this for most of the extra characters. One thing I liked about Daredevil was that he was carrying the weight alone for most of the show and even when his friend found out, the show didn't turn into a Superfriends special. This is the main thing wrong with the CW shows right now, the title character is getting marginalized because of all the other characters' BS.

Daredevil has a smaller episode count, it's much easier to be myopic and focus primarily on a singular superhero when you've got 13 episodes instead of 23.
And even then Daredevil could've used less.
23 episodes devoted entirely to Oliver would not turn out well.

Magwik

Banned
Daredevil has a smaller episode count, it's much easier to be myopic and focus primarily on a singular superhero when you've got 13 episodes instead of 23.
And even then Daredevil could've used less.
23 episodes devoted entirely to Oliver would not turn out well.
That's only because the writers spent 3 seasons not knowing what to do with Oliver aside from having him be an asshole to everyone. Even so, they are padding their 23 episode count with flashback filler (all it is at this point). I would say it's interesting to delve into the lives of those around Oliver, but they don't actually do that and stopped reminding us that Diggle has a wife and child after the first episode of this season.

Shaanyboi

Banned
That's only because the writers spent 3 seasons not knowing what to do with Oliver aside from having him be an asshole to everyone. Even so, they are padding their 23 episode count with flashback filler (all it is at this point). I would say it's interesting to delve into the lives of those around Oliver, but they don't actually do that and stopped reminding us that Diggle has a wife and child after the first episode of this season.

Like... what do most of these guys do most of the day? You see Daredevil recuperating and being a lawyer. They gave Ollie the mayor story which atleast gives Thea something to do. But Diggle has a wife and kid. They make fatherhood look so damn easy! Laurel is a motherfucking ADA, isn't she? Doesn't she have shit to do as opposed to volunteering to pick up trash at a beach?

Like... what do most of these guys do most of the day? You see Daredevil recuperating and being a lawyer. They gave Ollie the mayor story which atleast gives Thea something to do. But Diggle has a wife and kid. They make fatherhood look so damn easy! Laurel is a motherfucking ADA, isn't she? Doesn't she have shit to do as opposed to volunteering to pick up trash at a beach?
The last time Palmer Tech was prominent was Felicity announcing to the board of directors they were not firing anyone despite the lack of a proper budget. I can only assume that horrible decision resulted in even more staff being fired.

Also wasn't the DA herself killed in the first episode of this season? I remember her being poisoned but I can't remember if she died or not. I kept expecting Laurel to be boosted up being District Attorney throughout the episode.

Joni

Daredevil carrying the plot alone leads to horrible, horrible, horrible sidecharacters that do stupid things. Daredevil sidecharacters are like Laurel before she gets relevant. And the comics have always been X and friends. Batman without ever introducing Robin, Nightwing; Green Arrow without Black Canary; Iron Man without War Machine; .... feels like a copout. And Netflix is already changing the lone hero thing, see Jessica Jones and Daredevil S2 which seem more eager to introduce other heroes.

slade

Daredevil carrying the plot alone leads to horrible, horrible, horrible sidecharacters that do stupid things. Daredevil sidecharacters are like Laurel before she gets relevant.

That has more to do with bad story telling then anything to do with the hero being alone. As for the rest, comics introduce other heroes but then shunt them off into their own books. Most heroes are by themselves for the majority of their own comic books.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
That has more to do with bad story telling then anything to do with the hero being alone. As for the rest, comics introduce other heroes but then shunt them off into their own books. Most heroes are by themselves for the majority of their own comic books.

Funny thing is that's what they're basically doing with Legends of Tomorrow.

Joni

Yet we only seem to flock to movies/comics where they all come together again.

She got Tommy killed for papers. She wasn't the best girl then. She wasn't even the best girl working for her lawyer agency at that time.

At least Tommy got a somewhat respectable death out of it. You know, until they decide he's still alive somewhere; like everyone else.

Joni

At least Tommy got a somewhat respectable death out of it. You know, until they decide he's still alive somewhere; like everyone else.
They haven't brough many characters back from the death, outside of Sara. Well, Slade, but we knew he was alive before he died.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom