• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
It depends on if we're talking actually brought back from death or everyone thought they were dead.

Sara: presumed dead twice. Actually died, brought back from death.
Oliver: presumed dead at least twice.
Slade: presumed dead, was alive.
Andy: presumed dead, was alive
Roy: Faked death, still alive
Ray: presumed dead, was alive
Merlyn: presumed dead by public, was alive

They definitely use the card too much. It isn't even something dramatic like the cliffhanger with Oliver last season or Felicity now, they establish that a character has been dead (Slade, Sara, Andy) and then the person shows up and their return is explained later. It's tiresome.

You guys think vixen will show up in future episodes?
Fully expect her for Legends season 2. But Arrow? Hard to say. Given how they never bring her up when talking about mysticism despite her webseries supposedly taking place in the middle of season 3, I wouldn't be surprised if that, coupled with the fact I don't think much watched it that they would just decide to never mention her.

Joni

Sara, Malcolm, Andy and Ray.
So one person that came back from the death, two where there was never a body, and one that we knew that had to be alive because he was announced for the spin-off... Only one of them is like Tommy.

You forgot Oliver himself and of course our boy Deadshot.
Deadshot seems really dead at this time. Oliver wasn't dead. We knew that from the start, on both his deaths.

So i am contemplating whether i should keep watching this show or not. I have seen and enjoyed S1 and S2, but after hearing so much negative/mixed feedback of S3, i kinda dropped it for now...

My question is: Does S4 deliver so far? Is it comparable in quality to S1 and 2? If so i may just give S3 a shot and keep going after all hmm...

Joni

So i am contemplating whether i should keep watching this show or not. I have seen and enjoyed S1 and S2, but after hearing so much negative/mixed feedback of S3, i kinda dropped it for now...

My question is: Does S4 deliver so far? Is it comparable in quality to S1 and 2? If so i may just give S3 a shot and keep going after all hmm...
Season 3 hate was way exaggerated, it was a decent season unless you have only seen the very best television shows ever. Season 4 uses its villain better.

GulAtiCa

Season 3 was fine, very much the weakest season for sure, but still fine. If you watch Season 3 via Netflix, it's much more enjoyable. As you can go from each episode to the next right away.

Season 4 is very much back to form and very good lately. Ollie is fun and enjoyable. No longer moody. The new villain is excellent.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action

if you can find a 'select episode of S3' list, watch that. introduce the new players, Legends of Tomorrow tie ins, Flash crossovers... 23 episodes is a long time to invest in S3.

having said that, S4 has been a sharp uptick in quality and the Arrow X Flash X Legends of Tomorrow stuff is all coming together really well.

if you haven't seen Flash, btw - watch that alongside S3. they take place concurrently and it is really, really great.

CWUcDRlWEAEHAeC.jpg

Too much swag in one picture. Now add Manu and Tom Cavanagh to the mix to break the world.

Joni

Now I want a flashback episode where Darhk confronts the former Ras al Ghul while Malcolm was there. Stupid picture.

ZeroX03

Banned
Cross posting from The Flash thread because all three shows are talked about:

In other news here's part 2 of Kevin Smith's interview with Andrew Kreisberg
http://www.smodcast.com/channel/fatmanonbatman?audio=103

Berlanti always intended Arrow to introduce The Flash and have superpowers, but didn't tell anyone else.

The Wests were Black with zero resistance from any party (DC/WB involved), diversity is important.

Jesse Martin was chased hard for Joe and they flew out to NY to meet him.

Caitlin was intended to be blonde, much colder and possibly a love interest for Wells. I always thought that show of her smiling at Wells in the pilot was a little odd so that explains it.

"Heart. Humor. Spectacle." is their mantra on Flash, in that order.

Hamill was very excited for the latest Flash episode because he never got to do The Rogues on the original series (the S2 premiere would have been Rogues). Hamill used his sway to see the Supergirl pilot early.

The Gorilla City CG shot was originally not going to happen and the temp shot was just a sign saying "Gorilla City" in English lol. Kreisberg thinks when Gorilla City happens (and he's pretty sure it will),
Solovar will have to be part of it.

Legends is essentially Dr. Who meets Justice League. It was originally going to be "JSA but not", so it seems even if the JSA name is off limits. Then they went to Outsiders but that was too Batman-centric. Legends was originally just Hawkgirl. Then it became Hawks. Then they were like "that wouldn't be big enough, let's do a big ass team up".

It doesn't sound like NBC has any sway on Constantine anymore, although they did ask regarding using him. Seems future appearances are up to WB and DC. Constantine on the island was Guggenheim's idea, and Oliver and Constantine were originally going to be friends with no explanation as sort of a joke.

Emily Bett Rickards was working at a pet shop when she got the Arrow gig. Her dailies and interaction with Stephen on the guest spot got the eye of the network/studio/producers and then it snowballed from there. The Felicity role was originally going to be Bumblebee, but they felt she was too important to use and picked a nobody character like Felicity.

Kresiberg agrees with my feelings that Arrow and Supergirl both take some time to find their identity whereas The Flash was strong right out of the gate, and he feels Legends is too.

Barry's powers like phasing and time traveling are inconsistent to stop him being overpowered and trivializing encounters in the show.

The first Flash costume had to be glued to Grant's face. No longer the case.

Possibly a big spoiler for those regarding Flash timeline:
they will be going back to that night to address why future Barry says no. EOBARD KIDS

Legends pilot:
Flash and Arrow won't be on the roof with Rip Hunter like the original teaser shot.

In the Flash pilot when Barry talks about not changing his name, that part of the script wasn't given to John Wesley Shipp on David Nutter's suggestion, so Shipp's reaction would be real.

Effect

Oliver lost though.

Laurel is banging. Also, nowhere near as much of a cry baby as Felicity.

Laurel has become best girl.

Almost by default, but best girl nonetheless.

I'll admit Laurel has annoyed me at times but I've never faulted the actress for that. I've always blamed the writers and the creation of Sara. Whenever she's around or the story is about Sara that is when Laurel as a character suffers. The writers simply are unable to write her at that point for some reason. When she's out of the picture (season 1 and to a degree season 3 and only in the background Laurel shines. She was one of the highlights of season 3 for me and why I was glad they accelerated her becoming Black Canary. Also Laurel has always been the better of the two (between her and Felicity) in regard to that image.

I went back and rewatched the mid-season finale again. I want more Oliver and Laurel scenes. I don't need them together in a relationship. I need and want to see them together as friends more instead of just teammates. People that have been in each others lives for so long they know how the other will respond maybe 90% of the time and are 100% willing to call each other on their BS. That's why I like Diggle and Oliver's friendship so much. They don't have the long history but the closeness is there and and they will call each other out. Like Amell and Ramsey I feel Amell and Cassidy play off each other pretty well and have good chemistry. Same with Cassidy and Ramsey. That's the trio I want to see more of and have wanted to see more of since season 1.

If Felicity isn't dead I hope this ends the relationship between her and Oliver. Or at least it reduces her screen time. There is just to much of her and it takes away from a lot of other character interactions that can be taking place in the show. It would be nice to have an episode that is just primarily Oliver and Thea or Oliver and Laurel or Diggle and Thea, etc. I'm tired of the Felicity show.

Joni

Lol. That hindsight is 10/10 argument...

I'll admit Laurel has annoyed me at times but I've never faulted the actress for that. I've always blamed the writers and the creation of Sara. Whenever she's around or the story is about Sara that is when Laurel as a character suffers. The writers simply are unable to write her at that point for some reason. When she's out of the picture (season 1 and to a degree season 3 and only in the background Laurel shines. She was one of the highlights of season 3 for me and why I was glad they accelerated her becoming Black Canary. Also Laurel has always been the better of the two (between her and Felicity) in regard to that image.

I'm quite sure we were complaining loudly about her in the first season too.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
I'm quite sure we were complaining loudly about her in the first season too.

Yeah, she's only been tolerable in the second half of S3, which is when people started to lighten up on her.

She's easily the worst written character. It feels like anytime they need something stupid to happen, they make Laurel the cause.

Cross posting from The Flash thread because all three shows are talked about:
Wish we could get Bumblebee. But we already have a shrinking character in Ray, although she was the protege of the Atom in Young Justice so I wouldn't mind having that happen in some form of him mentoring her.

Dalek

Has this been talked about? Sorry if old. Go Detective Chesthair!

Kaley Cuoco Is Dating Arrow Star Paul Blackthorne

kaley-cuoco-paul-blackthorne-zoom-bef19350-36f0-4a70-b0fb-039fff43e8ba.jpg

Three months after filing for divorce from husband of 21 months Ryan Sweeting, Kaley Cuoco is aiming for the bull’s-eye.

Sources reveal in the new issue of Us Weekly that the Big Bang Theory lead, 30, is dating Arrow’s Paul Blackthorne.

“It’s new, but she’s really excited about it,” says an insider.

So excited that she Instagrammed a pic supporting the 46-year-old British actor’s conservation charity November 26 … two days after she covered her wedding date tattoo with new ink of a moth. Adds the source, “Kaley’s doing great postdivorce.”

ohmrjpp.gif

He's only forty six?
I'm guessing Lance is probably meant to be early to mid fifties, but still, only a seventeen year age difference between him and Katie Cassidy? Then again, Barrowman and Colin Donnell only had a fifteen year different. Looked more like brothers than father and son at times.

ZeroX03

Banned
I do think it is a difficult taste. There can't be that many young hugely succesful actresses wanting to date someone his age not named Depp, Smith or Cruise. Or who knows, maybe he gets jlaw next.

Paul's got a secret weapon that people often forget though. He's got that irresistible British accent.

That and he seems to be a stand up guy in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom