• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rymuth

Starling is a bigger cesspool than Gotham, heh. I love when the show talks about the city's infrastructure, gives it character.

Solid premier, DD's Sith Lord schtick is fun.

ZeroX03

Banned
Effects and action were on point this episode. Thor Freudenthal directed The Climb and Out of Time, so he's quickly becoming one of the finest directors in the Arrowverse.

Khezu

Felicity needs to stay, even if she has become super annoying in the past.
Keep Ollie happy, so he can start joking and get a beard.
And use her Palmer money to fund his mayoral campaign.

Sadly it's probably Diggile, even though it should be Lance since he has way outstayed his welcome.

TheOddOne

- EW: Arrow scoop: 11 things to know after that heroic (and shocking) premiere.
1. Sadly, dead is dead. “It’s not a fake-out,” Guggenheim says of whomever is in that grave — though it sounds like the identity of said person is still up in the air. “We don’t necessarily know who it is right now,” Mericle says. “We’re still figuring the plan out for the season, but we wanted to have resonance. If it doesn’t mean something to the characters, it won’t mean anything to the audience either.”
Despite viewers knowing that the Lazarus Pits will be used to bring Sara Lance (Caity Lotz) back to life at some point this season
, Mericle says that this person really will stay dead. “We want to bring stakes back to the show,” she says. “We will be finding a way to handle the Lazarus Pit portion of season 3 in season 4 in a new, inventive way that I can’t reveal.”
:lol

Red Hood

Banned
Much better than Flash S2's premier to be honest, or maybe I set the bar for Arrow pretty low after the not so good third season and the awesome Flash S1 finale.

Regarding the last scene, I'd say it's definitely about Felicity (or at least I hope so, fuck that Olicity crap). I mean why would Barry of all people be at the funeral as well, considering the fact Felicity was more involved with the cross-series stuff than Diggles, Laurel or Thea? It also happens after the scene with the wedding ring.

Briarios

animation1nysos.gif

I was so thinking Metal Gear Solid in the scene ... All the guy needed was an exclamation point above his head.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Putting my money on Lance being in the grave. Then again, it could be a character we don't know. Unlikey since it wouldn't have the same impact, but possible. Lance dying would suck. He's the last of the sexy Milfs and Dilfs of Arrow.

Great premiere, Oliver even had some jokes to drop. Thought his speech to the city was a bit weak, but I'm glad we finally got to the Green Arrow.

And surprisingly, I did not mind the flashback segments. They were short and I'm actually interested in where they're going with Oliver learning about mysticism.

ZeroX03

Banned
Would OIiver cry over Lance dying? Would Barry show up to his funeral? Seems closer to home than Lance.

Plus Chesthair seems immune to death anyway. He just keeps on defying those expectations.

Neoxon

Would OIiver cry over Lance dying? Would Barry show up to his funeral? Seems closer to home than Lance.

Plus Chesthair seems immune to death anyway. He just keeps on defying those expectations.
It also seems too obvious to be Felicity. Diggle, perhaps?

ZeroX03

Banned
"I have a child to get home to"
"I have a child to get home to"
"Does HIVE mean anything to you?" "nope."
Diggle is dad

fuqpcgc6kmsnczczjnnq.jpg

Seriously though Diggle was always safe until his HIVE storyline was finished. That looks like it'll be this year. Felicity is safe until her father shows up and fangirls stop watching the show.

Also Team Arrow will basically be Oliver's harem without Dig around.

ZeroX03

Banned
I mean it could be Laurel. Her story has kind of plateaued. There's always another Canary waiting in the wings.

Could be a curveball and it's Sara dead in Legends and the "he" is Vandal Savage but that's unlikely. Roy if he comes back for some reason. Or Connor but the show doesn't seem to be going there yet.

Laurel, Sara, Diggle, Felicity, Thea, Roy and maybe Lance are the only people who I think fit the bill. Either that or Oliver was a lot fonder of Merlyn that we ever knew. I also like any theory that revolves around Tommy.

GulAtiCa

That was a great episode. Truly great. Very curious on who died. My guess is Felicity or Diggle. Don't think Laurel or Lance. As Barry doesn't know them well. Could be his sister too. Hmm

ZeroX03

Banned
While I'm overly very happy about most things in the episode, I'm pissed about one in particular.

We're back on the Island. So many places we could go, and it's back to Lian Yu but this time with magic? I know people like the island but with all the heavy fucking Hal Jordan cockteasing to just be like "surprise we're back" annoys me greatly. At least there's a good chance we'll see the KGBeast again.

Magwik

Banned
I mean it could be Laurel. Her story has kind of plateaued. There's always another Canary waiting in the wings.

Could be a curveball and it's Sara dead in Legends and the "he" is Vandal Savage but that's unlikely. Roy if he comes back for some reason. Or Connor but the show doesn't seem to be going there yet.

Laurel, Sara, Diggle, Felicity, Thea, Roy and maybe Lance are the only people who I think fit the bill. Either that or Oliver was a lot fonder of Merlyn that we ever knew. I also like any theory that revolves around Tommy.
Laurel can't die because her character still has many places to go
Thea is Ollies last family and Red Arrow
Roy is already "dead" so killing again would be cheap especially since he isn't a regular
Lance is Jim Gordon and Ollie still has to redeem himself in his eyes (could happen in the 6 months though)
Diggle's character is drawing close the end. He has his wife back, he's closer than ever to avenging his brother, and he ain't getting powers any time soon. Oh and he has a kid, perfect death bait.

infi

Great episode and for me it was better than the Flash episode.

Thea and Laurel picked up where the left off from last season and were awesome. Diggle was great like he has been since the show started. Felicity went an entire episode without crying and was more enjoyable to watch than last season. Ollie wasn't broody and managed to not suck the life out of every scene he was in unlike S3.

Darhk is seeming like a great villain so far.

I'm thinking that Chesthairs alliance with Darhk somehow involves Sara.

I'd expect Barry would have a stronger reaction to Felicity's death as he seems closer to her than he does to any of team Arrow so I'd guess it's one of Thea, Laurel or Diggle.

The grave is for Tommy. Again.

Oh god I hope this happens. He get resurrected and dies again in the same episode.

infi

Seriously hope that ending was Felicity to end all the olicity crap. Please be felicity.

This would make the show as bad as Season 3. We'd get another season of Ollie being miserable and sucking the life out of the show so no thanks.

ZeroX03

Banned
Roy is already "dead" so killing again would be cheap especially since he isn't a regular
Lance is Jim Gordon and Ollie still has to redeem himself in his eyes (could happen in the 6 months though)
Diggle's character is drawing close the end. He has his wife back, he's closer than ever to avenging his brother, and he ain't getting powers any time soon. Oh and he has a kid, perfect death bait.

Laurel may have places to go but she isn't going anywhere at the moment.

Thea would mostly just be shock value, Merlyn's story revolves around her. Merlyn could get her killed. Always had a sneaking suspicion that Merlyn would just kill Damien halfway through the season and be the true big bad.

Roy would just be them being weird, I don't think Colton is filming anything Arrow related so it's unlikely.

Lance is in no way Gordon lol, he'll never completely be at peace with Oliver.

I think Diggle is most likely but I don't think any of them are out of the question. The show likes to throw curve balls.

Magwik

Banned
Laurel may have places to go but she isn't going anywhere at the moment.

Thea would mostly just be shock value, Merlyn's story revolves around her. Merlyn could get her killed. Always had a sneaking suspicion that Merlyn would just kill Damien halfway through the season and be the true big bad.

Roy would just be them being weird, I don't think Colton is filming anything Arrow related so it's unlikely.

Lance is in no way Gordon lol, he'll never completely be at peace with Oliver.

I think Diggle is most likely but I don't think any of them are out of the question. The show likes to throw curve balls.
Spoilers based off of future synopsis stuff:
Regarding Luarel her upcoming arc is tied directly with the revival of Sara, and she seems to be the one pushing it the most.

Tabby

It won't be him because it's too obvious, they're going to do a Hawkeye in AoU.

ZeroX03

Banned
Spoilers based off of future synopsis stuff:
Regarding Luarel her upcoming arc is tied directly with the revival of Sara, and she seems to be the one pushing it the most.

Sara is likely coming back in episode 5 and leaving in episode 8. They've already done a Laurel reacts to Sara storyline too. They've also done a Caitlin reacts to Ronnie storyline too so I'm not sure where they're going with her until Killer Frost.

It won't be him because it's too obvious, they're going to do a Hawkeye in AoU.

Bye bye Anarky? Mr Terrific?

Penguin

Probably would be lame to the audience, but was thinking it could possibly be Oliver's baby mama...

Imagine... well sure folks will hate it, Oliver dealing with being the city's hero and suddenly a dad as well.

I don't know how I feel about this episode. It felt kind of disjointed and rushed. Same thing for Flash too. I don't like the timeskip.

I guess Lance.

Theory time: His heel turn is actually him going all Severus Snape and trying to take down Dahrk. He gets close, helps Ollie and Co in some material way (saves somebody's life, probably) and gets outed as a result, and killed for it.

It doesn't really explain why Barry would be there, though.

strafer

I was watching an Amell Q and A on Facebook after the premiere.

He said he dont know who the person in the grave is.

and he also mentioned there will be a crossover with a show starting soon.

Could that mean Supergirl?

Volimar

More likely Legends of Tomorrow.

I think he means the revived Hellblazer series, of course.

/mydreams

I wasn't here for the live reactions, but Digs outfit didn't really bother me at all. I kind of forgot about it lol. I also thought it was funny seeing Canary walk around the station suited up.

Jag

Barry would show up for anyone that Ollie loses because he knows he doesn't have much of a family. Also interesting that Ollie knows of Barry's troubles with Zoom.

My guess is that it is Det Lance. He is the most expendable and will need to die to redeem himself for working with Darhk.

It can't be Dig because that would be way too much estrogen on Team Arrow.

Magwik

Banned

Well episode 8 is the Flash crossover and Legends crossover
And Constantine is in episode 5 (or 4 I don't remember) so he's probably alluding to instead of Matt Ryan playing a different universe Constantine that they are actually sharing universes

Really fast paced opener that did a ton of establishing work. Much lighter toned than seasons past, which is fitting. Ollie is happy, so the show should reflect that.

I hope things work out better for Ollie than the last sucker Laurel dragged out of vigilante superhero retirement. Poor Ted Grant. Beaten to death (?) in the streets and never mentioned again.

I liked Damian Dahrk. Very different from past villains. I like how open and evil he is. No lurking around in the shadows, clutching a Shadow body pillow like Slade. He's also the strongest and most powerful villain yet. Neal McDonough is going to be fun in this role. There might not be any scenery left by the time he's done.

Ollie looked awfully broken up about Laurel's death at the end. I'm sure he'll get over it. I just hope Felicity shows up and gives him some sexual healing right on top of the grave.

Penguin

Barry would show up for anyone that Ollie loses because he knows he doesn't have much of a family. Also interesting that Ollie knows of Barry's troubles with Zoom.

My guess is that it is Det Lance. He is the most expendable and will need to die to redeem himself for working with Darhk.

It can't be Dig because that would be way too much estrogen on Team Arrow.

Well they do seem to keep tabs on each other

"Maybe we should have a Flash Day parade"

And this is 6 months down the road so long after the season crossover.

Actually... they said real-time so... this would be March?

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Fantastic opener.

Wonder who's dead six months later? Looks too obvious to be Felicity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom