• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joni

Someone just collapsed after suspected poisoning, shout call 911 and then call Diggle instead of doing it yourself.

I thought the same thing. This show.
So, who would you ask to call Diggle? There were three lives at stake, people who could only be saved at best if she called Diggle. Waiting two-three minutes to call 911, them expecting you to stay with the victim and then going to try and rescue the others doesn't work.

What I like about Damien Dahrk is that he seems like Team Arrow is doing some good again, instead of being "the cause and solution to all of Star City's problems- plus billions in collateral damage."

Villains being personal to the heroes is fine, but when that's all you have instead of villains who have their own goals not focused on the hero, it makes the heroes seem like the source of the trouble instead of being, you know, heroes.

Rooster12

Not a fan of Damien Dhark so far. The mystical angle seems really out of place and forced. When he was bleeding his wrist into that cup it seriously felt like I was watching Supernatural all over again.

I'd rather see Ra's Al Ghul again, and I can't believe I'm saying that.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
mz3ub10.png

LOL.

LOL.

That helmet is so bad.

Dahbomb

Aside from the Diggle helmet and some odd stuff ("woah you're really strong!") it was a solid opener for the season. Felicity being less emo this season is helping things out.

Wonder who that grave is for though.

farisr

I don't get peoples issues with happy Olicity. This is fine. Felicity seems to be back to her likable self as well. It's the sappy Olicity drama with "crying every line" Felicity that was the problem.

Anyways, solid premiere. Better than The Flash, which I wasn't expecting before going into both. Hope they keep it up. Love Neal McDonough.

Also, wtf was with that "woah, you're really strong" line. So bad.
Extended Promo for #402 "The Candidate"
So an island, flashbacks, flashforwards and a "candidate". We really are Lost now.

Gvitor

I liked the episode.

I thought I would hate the expected Olicity moments in the beginning, but "You have failed this omelet" made up for it.

Thea was great on it also, and some Lance dialogue was on point. I didn't like the him working with HIVE twist, as we all know he'll either quit or be betrayed by them, instead of going full-on villain, so it just makes up for more unnecessary drama.

Olliver and Barry in the graveyard really felt like a comic book moment. It was short, but it made this feel more like a big universe than the crossovers ever did, as much as like them as well.

I don't think it's Felicity who died, even with the ring in the scene right before it. I would applaud them for doing that, though. It's either Thea or Diggle.

And I don't know if I like they sending Olliver to the island again this early. We know he's in the island for the pilot, so if he escapes it again, it would mean he'd have to go there one more time. But it's either that or island flashbacks for 2 seasons.

Not a fan of Damien Dhark so far. The mystical angle seems really out of place and forced. When he was bleeding his wrist into that cup it seriously felt like I was watching Supernatural all over again.

I'd rather see Ra's Al Ghul again, and I can't believe I'm saying that.

Ra's was the worst villain of the show .
Hell at least Darhk put oliver on notice in first ep .

1 ep in and we're on 16 pages? Yeah I ain't gonna be able to keep up with this thread. Again. Being in the UK doesn't help as I have to wait a day before I can catch up.

squadr0n

im not a fan of what they are doing with the Arrow and Flash series with these new season openners. The Arrow was atleast somewhat dark at first but now it's gone full WB/CW soap. I can hardly watch it anymore, from the super cheesy dialog too felicity wearing the most revealing clothes she could find. And why is Diggle on steroids lol. Its Smallville now, and the Flash isn't doing much better. If they need an example of how to do it but still be for young adults just look what Netflix did with DareDevil.

That cliffhanger at the end also felt really weird. Like just to say see this show is still dark and foreboding, just wait till this season is over first.

im not a fan of what they are doing with the Arrow and Flash series with these new season openners. The Arrow was atleast somewhat dark at first but now it's gone full WB/CW soap. I can hardly watch it anymore, from the super cheesy dialog too felicity wearing the most revealing clothes she could find. And why is Diggle on steroids lol. Its Smallville now, and the Flash isn't doing much better. If they need an example of how to do it but still be for young adults just look what Netflix did with DareDevil.

That cliffhanger at the end also felt really weird. Like just to say see this show is still dark and foreboding, just wait till this season is over first.

Flash can never be like daredevil i mean we have a super power gorilla as bad guy in flash it just not going to be that sort of show.
Flash has not change at all from season 1 .
As for arrow i happy if they get away from it being dark for a while and have oliver\green arrow more light hearted .

ra' coat > anything damien has and can do

To bad the coat could not save him as a villain lol

Red Hood

Banned
Regarding the last scene, I'd say it's definitely about Felicity (or at least I hope so, fuck that Olicity crap). I mean why would Barry of all people be at the funeral as well, considering the fact Felicity was more involved with the cross-series stuff than Diggles, Laurel or Thea? It also happens after the scene with the wedding ring.

I think I'll take that back, it's (unfortunately) not Felicity. No way Barry would miss her funeral, despite all the hints pointing to Felicity. And considering the fact Oliver is heart-broken it's going to be someone very close to him, so it's either Diggle, Thea or Laurel. I'd have to go with Diggle, seeing as how he's going to want to get justice against H.I.V.E. for ordering the hit on his brother, and he'll probably be in way over his head.

Pachimari

I'm surprised Arrow were better than The Flash this week. I liked this episode, the mystical Damian Dhark is interesting and I like his acting. The Olicity stuff isn't bothering me and I hope it sticks to the lighter tone.

Because when Oliver is all dramatic the actor playing him is some of the worst on television but thankfully there weren't much of that in this episode.

And those Ghost units HIVE are sending out are cool as fuck. They remind me of Metal Gear Solid 4 soldiers. Oh but one thing I didn't like is Oliver going back to the island in the flashbacks.

Malvingt2

no thanks. I don't want any of these shows to go that path, specially the Flash.

Sorry you feel that way. Lots of us enjoy it though.

jake.gif

JustinBB7

Like others have said, Arrow was way better than Flash this week. And like others have said, did not see that coming!

But I am really happy with it, Flash was more a "lets get things on track slowly" episode, which I'm sure will be great again soon. Arrow just jumped right in, set the tone for the season and had a great pace. Things happened and moved. And it was just generally enjoyable.

Great return.

While I'm overly very happy about most things in the episode, I'm pissed about one in particular.

We're back on the Island. So many places we could go, and it's back to Lian Yu but this time with magic? I know people like the island but with all the heavy fucking Hal Jordan cockteasing to just be like "surprise we're back" annoys me greatly. At least there's a good chance we'll see the KGBeast again.

The island was great because of Slade though. No Slade this time :(

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Great start to the season, and I hated season 3. Thank god they embraced the comic bookness

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I'm a big fan of the guy from Justified, glad he's the big bad this season.

Skux

Yeah I'm glad the domestic stuff wasn't all cringey lovey-dovey. You could see them hating the mindless slow cooker talk.

WedgeX

Banned
I'm a big fan of the guy from Justified, glad he's the big bad this season.

My wife, who soured on season 3, got a big kick out of him being on the show. Not quite the same without Winn Duffy, though.

First episode was pretty good. Glad to see Kord Industries back. And got dang, the Jordan tease. I don't even like Hal and I'm hyped.

Amazingly, this first episode got me at least slightly interested in the Arrow again, which is saying something after last season.

The Oliver/Felicity stuff was amazingly bearable and didn't feel fake, forced, or soap opera-y like it did last season.

Diggle's mask is terrible, but I actually enjoyed seeing him shooting badguys, reminded me of Season 1 where Oliver still killed guys which I find refreshing with so many "I refuse to take a life!" heroes these days.

The new badguy is great and was immediately better than Ra's Al Ghul. Ra's had a dull personality and everything he did was done for boring reasons like "tradition" and "prophecies" and lazy stuff like that. This new guy is charismatic and even though he has the same goal as the league of assassins and Merlin (kill the city, then make it better), but he's more joyfully evil about it. Having super powers is a cool new dynamic that also makes him better than Ra's who was just better at using a sword.

And I'm glad we're finally back on the Island again in the flashbacks and what's going on is something of a mystery again. The Hong Kong shit was just terrible because you know what is going to happen, they just dragged it on for the sake of having flashbacks throughout the season.

I don't know how I feel about the flash forwards, I'll have to see more to know about those. And I still think they have too many good guy vigilantes between Thea, Laura, Diggle, and Green Arrow. I'd rather they just focus on one or two like they used to.
But overall it's a big improvement over the last season and I'm actually interested in what's going on in the story again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom