• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
serious question from a non-comic fan...whats the significance of him calling himself green arrow instead of the arrow? like how does that make him a better/different person?

Well he was always Green Arrow from the jump in comics. Ollie isn't as Bruce like in the comics despite them being very similar. A bit more light-hearted and jokey.

Arrow to Green Arrow is basically like Going from Bruce to Oliver....

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
I enjoyed tonights flashback better than any of season threes. Good start.

Idk why people hate felicity because of one season.....like literally had one bad season.....

Hell you can see the Olicity chemistry better here than the forced chemistry they had in S3.

Nah man that was like lifetime bad acting chemistry in this episode, don't know what ppl are seeing in the Olicity scenes in the premiere. Everything apart from that was fine tho

Loving Ollie's new demeanor. I really hope they keep this up. Thea is way too cute! I may be in the minority, but I liked her Big Girl voice. =)

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I think at least with Diggle's lie, there is actually a pretty good reason for it: fundamental mistrust.

Volimar

Nah man that was like lifetime bad acting chemistry in this episode, don't know what ppl are seeing in the Olicity scenes in the premiere. Everything apart from that was fine tho

It was the most natural chemistry I've ever seen them have. Dunno what you're on about.

foxtrot3d

Banned

Tis' true. I nearly cringed myself right onto Earth-2 watching all those Olicity scenes.

So I'm assuming Mr. Terrific is being brought in to take Felicity's role?

The three prime candidates for the grave are Felicity, Diggle, and Thea. I'm leaning toward Felicity.

Also, Felicity dying is the only thing that would put Oliver back in CEO mode.

Dalek

Oliver on tv showing his full face. You're not wearing a mask like Mr. Robot, dude. People can recognize you.

Skux

Great opening episode, better than The Flash's IMO.

Having Ollie and Felicity actually get along is nice. And then they go back to old habits with Thea and Diggle keeping secrets from Ollie lol.

Darhk as a metahuman (or magic user) is a great way to freshen up the tone.

The show Revenge taught me that flashforwards are awesome, and a major character death dropped at the start gives us something to look "forward" to and speculate about.

I am annoyed by the flashbacks though. All that Coast City hype... and then back to the island :(

Dalek

This show needs some fresh blood to liven things up a bit and mix it up. Mr. Terrific will be greatly appreciated.

Sambrez_

Good story for this premiere.
Loved the mystical elements, bring on Constantine and Zatanna!

Hope the dead is Felicity.

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
Olicity is built on lies!!! Glad Oliver saw it and we can end this mess of an omelet.

Good episode though. Liked it more than the flash. I'm not sold on Speedy yet, her delivery of telling those people to get out of the station was bad.

I like the dynamic among Laurel, Thea and te Diggs.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
All i want to know is, is it finally Green Arrow?

Name wise that is

serious question from a non-comic fan...whats the significance of him calling himself green arrow instead of the arrow? like how does that make him a better/different person?

I guess so. In that case, how was it handled? They missed the boat with Roy "one would be Red and the other would be Green Arrow" but i guess Thea has the costume now so it can still work

Skux

I don't care that it doesn't make sense yet, but Lance's heel turn is such a great change. Almost Barbara Keane from Gotham level. His character had almost nothing to do in season 3 and now he's suddenly interesting again.

Speedy needs a voice changer. There's no way you're clearing out a train station with that tone.

So what new skill or ability is going to let Ollie go toe-to-toe with Damien's magic? Does the Outsider stuff have any "upgrades" that could come into play here?

Sabucin

It seems that one of the Damien Darhk abilities is turns himself into another person.

7TB091e.png

Katrina Law was on Twitch dot tv's GeekandSundry earlier tonight on a show they have that reviews TV and Movies called "Concession Stand." Keep an eye on G&S's Youtube channel to see if it gets uploaded there.

I would say look at the past broadcasts, but you can't watch those without being a subscriber to the channel.

She came off pretty funny and personable to me. Discussed some details about both Arrow and Spartacus preparation and filming as well as plugging her other projects.

Maddocks

Man I loved that episode, I actually liked it more then the flash episode and that is saying something since I really really loved it too. Introduced the badass, tossed out some supernatural shit that will with luck be bridged by the Constantine arrival and flash forward 6 months to no doubt diggles or thea being dead. Barry would not have missed the funeral if it was Felicity, but he would have missed it if it was dig or thea because he is not personally involved with them and Oliver wouldn't really be crying over Lance, so he is out.

My vote final answer is Dig or Thea. One of them will not be alive in 6 months, unless of course John shows up and he is all...I got this and boom Lazarus pit.

CloudWolf

Just started watchihe episode and one thing I noticed....

Is the co-exectutive producer seriously called Speed Weed? That might be the funniest name I've heard in a long time.

CloudWolf

Can Damien Darhk teleport or something? Because Diggle shoots him with a tranq (?) arrow and in the next shot he's gone from the train.
Or maybe the writers pulled a Roy.

Tabby

Thea died last year and she just became Speedy, they won't kill her again.

It has to be either Felicity or Diggle.

Xanathus

Oliver on tv showing his full face. You're not wearing a mask like Mr. Robot, dude. People can recognize you.

I facepalmed so hard when that happened. Gee it's not like you've been pointed to as the Arrow not just once, but TWICE before. Any idiot who is curious about who the Green Arrow is can easily see that it's Oliver.

Really enjoyed it, I hope it sticks. One things for sure though, theyve come a long way from Season 1.

Edit: And about that grave, my heart says Felicity, but its probably Diggle.

This season on The Island Oliver learns about magic.

I hope they plan a final ending with season 5 if they get one. It's already starting to drag on too long, the only good thing about the season premier was having the accomplice being Lance and not Malcom like I thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom