• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the hell are thooooooose.

1yqujy.png

It's
Shazam

Curious why they keep teasing Jordan, I thought they were already told no. They also said in the past that they don't put in easter eggs without having them pay off.

Did the GLC art from SDCC this year have Hal on it? Maybe WB is aiming to have Kyle + John to further distance themselves from 2011 GL.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
It's
Shazam

Curious why they keep teasing Jordan, I thought they were already told no. They also said in the past that they don't put in easter eggs without having them pay off.

They lie. Like the Harley/Not Harley in the Suicide Squad episode. Nothing will ever come from that easter egg.

PreFire

Flash wouldn't miss Felicity's funeral, even if he's dealing with Zoom. And I think he would cry once showing up to her fresh grave. So I doubt it's her.

It looks like Oli was crying guilt tears. Maybe his trust was never regained by Diggle, leaving no closure for his death.

Maybe his sister crossed the line (she's not herself) and he was forced to kill her/let her die. Guilt tears.

It could be Canary's dad. Maybe he sacrificed himself, after all, his last scene was wtf. Maybe he offed himself to make up for it.

Lol idk, I don't watch this show enough. I'm a flash guy, watching it for cameos and references to the flash

Frog-fu

Banned
Why would that matter? If the writers want him dead to move along the plot then he's dead.

They had the perfect opportunity to kill Diggle and make it impactful last season. They didn't take the chance. Plus, he's got a revenge plot brewing and I don't think they'll kill him off at the end of it. It's just now in this show's DNA.

Diggle is an original character in the show that has probably gotten the most universal praise and attachment. He in the comics now. They're not getting rid of him unless Ramsey calls it quits and moves on to the something else.

Magwik

Banned
They had the perfect opportunity to kill Diggle and make it impactful last season. They didn't take the chance. Plus, he's got a revenge plot brewing and I don't think they'll kill him off at the end of it. It's just now in this show's DNA.

Diggle is an original character in the show that has probably gotten the most universal praise and attachment. He in the comics now. They're not getting rid of him unless Ramsey calls it quits and moves on to the something else.
Actually the more I think of it, it probably will be chesthair who gets buried.

They lie. Like the Harley/Not Harley in the Suicide Squad episode. Nothing will ever come from that easter egg.

The timeline for the restrictions seems weird though, they didn't know they weren't going to be able to use Harley when they put her in, that's why they had to get rid of Squad in S3 &
Katanna in S4.
They should know by now whether or not they're able to use Hal Jordan.

Penguin

The power of love. Olicity overcomes all the haters.

It's a push-pull

Most people in this thread hate it, but it's a huge draw to the female audience...
And I assume people wanted to see how it would play out

Imagine it will go down over time and would really bottom out if/when kill Felicity

It's a push-pull

Most people in this thread hate it, but it's a huge draw to the female audience...
And I assume people wanted to see how it would play out

Imagine it will go down over time and would really bottom out if/when kill Felicity

Some of us still liked the show enough to give it one more chance.

Re: Olicity--

I've long contended that Olicity wasn't a problem for the show, the dour tone and people acting out of character were.

Now that we've seen Happy Olicity I'm firm in that belief. If they manage to avoid the constant downer tone of last season and have the characters behave believably, it won't matter if Olicity is a thing or not.

Penguin

Re: Olicity--

I've long contended that Olicity wasn't a problem for the show, the dour tone and people acting out of character were.

Now that we've seen Happy Olicity I'm firm in that belief. If they manage to avoid the constant downer tone of last season and have the characters behave believably, it won't matter if Olicity is a thing or not.

Yeah, I don't mind the dour tone...but you do need some variety to tone

I know not beloved on GAF, but one of those things Gotham does well is find humor in its darkness and violence

Joni

Loved this episode. Olicity with the happy tone is very fun, Damien is already a lot more menacing than R'has. The only major dislike is the funeral.

Sölf

Watching this, I already felt at home. Because it was just as I rememberd. Not as bad as S3 so far, but oh god, it's already worse than Flash. xD

Chariot

It wasn't awful.

But I can't take Dahrk serious. He stands strange. Like a boy who peed himself and tries to get home without anybody noticing.

Also

FINALLY, finally we get Green Arrow!

EDIT: Wait, where was the Jordan tease?

the camera cuts to a flight jacket with jordan on it in one of the flashbacks. speaking of which they really gave up on oliver queen's wig in those. it was even shittier than usual in the premiere. when he woke up in the plane for instance it looked like a halloween costume wig haha. loved when they kicked him out of the plane though, was pretty funny.

That premiere was much better than Flash'so to me, to be honest.

i'm on the opposite. it felt like less happened in flash (and the thing with barry's dad just leaving abruptly was kinda hilarious) but the quality of the cast and the score ensured it was better than arrow forreal. like i never find it a dull moment when the cast is interacting in flash. whereas in arrow i was already rolling my eyes as soon as oliver spoke to felicity or we got another waller flashback. i think how likable everyone is in flash makes even their mundane episodes better than arrow now.

HabeeNo

Hopefully the backlash on Dig's helmet will force the writers to make Cisco jump in, and make a decent costume for Dig

I firmly believe the grave is for Diggle. The arc would make sense for the story of this season. Diggle is firmly not trusting Oliver now, so it would build towards the end of the season where he gives his life to protect him and show that he trusts Oliver again. It would be the perfect answer to Oliver questioning whether or not he's a monster. I guess it could be Thea, but I definitely don't think it's Felicity.

Rooster12

Diggle doesn't even do much of anything in most episodes anyways.

He's rarely out in the field he just talks and talks and talks.

Pilgrimzero

Just started watching the episode.

Can't get over that several guys with automatic weapons couldn't hit riders on a bike like 10 feet from them.

Diggle's helmet is awful.

Why wasn't the first part of the plan to blow up the wheels of the truck? Why wait until your team mates are on it and as we saw with Diggle, nearly have heavy boxes fall on you and possibly fall out?

Someone just collapsed after suspected poisoning, shout call 911 and then call Diggle instead of doing it yourself.

What the fuck.

I liked how hyper Speedy was during the intro and her high pitched voice when she's in costume.

My God did the scenes with Olicty drag. Jesus, it was even more worse than I could have imagined. I just can't take any more. Please, stop. Please.

So there's a grave. Part of me wonders why they didn't just drop whoever is dead into the pit, but I guess they'll find some convoluted reason to not use it.

In any case, I'm going with it being Chesthair.

Whoa, you're really strong. Seriously? Dear God...

Hmm, so that's an odd plot twist. No doubt he's playing Dark.

Magwik

Banned
There's an easy way around not using the pit or why they won't. Because Malcom said no and because Thea is going cray cray

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Feels kinda weird to hear "Green Arrow" now heh..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom