• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
The flashbacks will most likely become more relevant to the main story in this back half of the season. Oliver is clearly outmatched against Darhk and will need some kind of mystical buff that relates to his time on the island.

Magwik

Banned
I literally could not care less for the flashbacks. Nothing has happened. Ollie has been running around on the island for 10 episodes in them and every episode ends with beard dude pretty much saying "haha I got you now you lying son of a bitch" only for the black leader dude to be like "I like Mr Queen more than you anyways"

Finished S3 a few days ago and it was pretty balls. I was originally planning a more detailed write up but I figure that my complaints have already been posted by other people like a thousand times.

I don't really hate Olicity for being a thing but moreso for it being such a poorly written thing. None of the Olicity stuff in the latter half of the season (mainly when Oliver joins the league) felt earned. Like the writers told us that they had this super deep love for each other without actually showing it. Why can't Olaureliver be a thing again?

Also the power creep of her tech skills went waaaaay to far. Did none of the writers realize that by making her smarter than Ray aka billionaire CEO man that literally none of her character makes any sense? She could be out changing the world and making infinite money but instead works IT jobs.

I feel bad for the tumblr/twitter girls that probably use her to self-insert themselves into Amell's muscly embrace.

ps does anyone have that gif of Oliver shooting an arrow into the sky and flying off?

Vixen-FirstLook_56a02b78848ca6.93835582.jpg

I'm all for this

Great costume!

Yeah! She looks great. Can't wait for her debut.

Calling it now that Thea and Anarky hook up and it leads to her becoming Cheshire.

I would actually be interested in seeing how that would play out, hahaha. I'm finding the relationship between Thea and Anarky to be pretty interesting. No romantic relationship, I mean there's a lot of potential to be mined from them being arch-enemies.

Joni

I like Felicity, but I understand the hate. We already had a season full of Felicity and Oliver drama, wrecking the current stability in their relationship is a quick ticket into Nopes-ville.

Half of the people complaining here wanted to wreck that stability anyway by killing her.

They need to get someone from Hong Kong to choreograph these fight scenes. They're so bad. How the fuck does Anarky own Ollie and Thea? I shook my head in disgust. Even the Island flashbacks are a chore to get through.
What is the other option? Oliver wins every fight by default, except against the big bad?

They were good in season 1 and 2 but now just a waste of time.

They're a charisma vacuum. They stuff the flashbacks with stoics. Slade and, for one episode, Constantine were the only flashback characters with any charm.

The modern scenes have had pre-angst Felicity, Malcolm, Slade, Dahrk and Ray to bring the charisma.

Joni

They're a charisma vacuum. They stuff the flashbacks with stoics. Slade and, for one episode, Constantine were the only flashback characters with any charm.
And in the case of Slade, it was the DeathStroke teases that also helped. It was clear he was going to kick ass. The flashbacks are growing to something, but we have not much reason to care yet.

Asking someone to cut their hair short for a guest appearance, especially one that's probably going to at most amount to 15 minutes of screen time I think would be asking a lot.

Finished S3 a few days ago and it was pretty balls. I was originally planning a more detailed write up but I figure that my complaints have already been posted by other people like a thousand times.

I don't really hate Olicity for being a thing but moreso for it being such a poorly written thing. None of the Olicity stuff in the latter half of the season (mainly when Oliver joins the league) felt earned. Like the writers told us that they had this super deep love for each other without actually showing it. Why can't Olaureliver be a thing again?

Also the power creep of her tech skills went waaaaay to far. Did none of the writers realize that by making her smarter than Ray aka billionaire CEO man that literally none of her character makes any sense? She could be out changing the world and making infinite money but instead works IT jobs.

I feel bad for the tumblr/twitter girls that probably use her to self-insert themselves into Amell's muscly embrace.

ps does anyone have that gif of Oliver shooting an arrow into the sky and flying off?

Well, I have mine along with a "abandon show" version.
GQ1DZDJ.gif

ZeroX03

Banned
Wait, why was he pissed at the showrunners?

He made a comment about not being happy with Slade's direction in the S3 episode and a lot of people jumped on it and assumed he was angry at the show and wouldn't return. Despite lots of other positive comments he's made about the show, and that the cast and crew of the show have made about him.

strafer

Asking someone to cut their hair short for a guest appearance, especially one that's probably going to at most amount to 15 minutes of screen time I think would be asking a lot.

Well, I have mine along with a "abandon show" version.
GQ1DZDJ.gif

I love this gif. He shoots into nothing and flies away.

ZeroX03

Banned
From the sounds of it, Brandon was also considered for Ronnie Raymond. He mentioned discussing a potential season long role on Flash before landing on Atom, and that's the only one that really fits.

Magwik

Banned
From the sounds of it, Brandon was also considered for Ronnie Raymond. He mentioned discussing a potential season long role on Flash before landing on Atom, and that's the only one that really fits.

Now I am imagining Robbie as The Atom swooping in and stealing his cousins girl

Joni

He seems a bit old for that role. Wouldn't he age-wise fit better as the Reverse Flash? Or would Tom C have already been cast at that point?

ZeroX03

Banned
He seems a bit old for that role. Wouldn't he age-wise fit better as the Reverse Flash? Or would Tom C have already been cast at that point?

Sounded like a season long guest role, not a regular. Would have been a post-Flash pilot casting. Plus he's only 8 years older than Danielle and pretty youthful looking.

Either that or it's Captain Cold?

gazele

Banned
Just caught up, thought it was funny/strange they went full oracle with Felicity

Looking back I'm surprised they never crippled chloe on smallville

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Awwww YIIIIIIIIIS.

Can Vixen carry a show by herself? Does she have enough villains? If so, i want a show about Vixen.

It's definitely starting to get to be slim-pickings on the still-recognizable, but B-tier villains with Supergirl, Gotham, Flash, Arrow, and Legends of Tomorrow all calling dibs.

Here's a list of known enemies from Comic Vine: http://www.comicvine.com/vixen/4005-2551/enemies/

There's a lot of overlap with other heroes and the Justice League, but they could still make it work I think. The major problem is that she hasn't had any definitive runs and for a long time was just a Justice Leaguer.

Joni

Sounded like a season long guest role, not a regular. Would have been a post-Flash pilot casting. Plus he's only 8 years older than Danielle and pretty youthful looking.

Either that or it's Captain Cold?
Cold seems to fit better. Still glad it ended up with Amell as Firestorm, Routh for Palmer/Should Have Been Kord and Miller for Cold. They aced casting, even if Amell left too early.

It's definitely starting to get to be slim-pickings on the still-recognizable, but B-tier villains with Supergirl, Gotham, Flash, Arrow, and Legends of Tomorrow all calling dibs.

Here's a list of known enemies from Comic Vine: http://www.comicvine.com/vixen/4005-2551/enemies/

There's a lot of overlap with other heroes and the Justice League, but they could still make it work I think. The major problem is that she hasn't had any definitive runs and for a long time was just a Justice Leaguer.

Thanks. Not much original villains. But Arrow will be crowded with character wise so i hope that there is time enough shed on Vixen.

cereal_killerxx

The Flash is getting so good and this seems to be slowly degrading again. Hopefully the next few episodes get better. At this point, I feel like I'm just watching it because it's part of a shared universe and not because it's grabbing my attention.

GulAtiCa

I've actually enjoyed this season of Arrow overall better than The Flash season. The Flash has had many great moments this year, better highs then Arrow. But too many low points that I felt brought down this season of The Flash. IMO.

Joni

Thanks. Not much original villains. But Arrow will be crowded with character wise so i hope that there is time enough shed on Vixen.

Still, seems enough to fill an 8-episode season to air between season halves of Arrow.

I've actually enjoyed this season of Arrow overall better than The Flash season. The Flash has had many great moments this year, better highs then Arrow. But too many low points that I felt brought down this season of The Flash. IMO.

Yes, feel the same. They even have opposite problems though. Not enough powered heroes in Flash, too many in Arrow.

So the part was pretty much written as a straight up Tony Stark rip off, and everything that makes Palmer his own character is an acting choice by Routh.
The real issue I felt with Palmer at first was the character was originally thought to be Ted Kord, but when they couldn't get Blue Beetle, they went for the Atom hence why for the first half of season 3 the armor was basically being teased as a power armor with nothing of the actual Atom abilities.

Finally getting to watch the episode.

Seeing Oliver being more aggressive was great.

Felicity in the hospital was such shitty make-up. It didn't help that she acting like usual. Not a single moment did I believe that she has been shot.

Diggle beating his brother was a bit surprising, but Oliver's reaction to that was like "damn, I should be in there".

Diggle's wife still exists, right. Why isn't Argus taking Dhark down?

After being imprisoned this whole time, with nothing but disdain for his brother, Andy starts talking just like that? Damn, Diggle's should've pretended to care earlier.

And that walking briquette is seriously the bad guy of the week? Jesus. He was completely lit up, but because it's the CW, they had to paint his face a little red.

Oh, and look, it's Laurel annoying the enemy with her thing again. Fantastic.

Why is Thea's love life still a part of the story. No one wants to see that shit.

And there it is again, the briquette is a master of martial arts, can deflect arrows like they're just an inconvenience and has no problem with taking on both Oliver and Thea at the same time. All while his body should be in huge pain. It's like when villains are somehow able to keep up with Barry, when the plot demands it. It's getting really lame.

Meanwhile the confrontation between Oliver and Damien was fucking nothing. This entire episode Oliver was so determined to find Dhark, he was willing to go full punisher, if it wasn't for his super buddies. His fiancé might never walk again (lol, right). He is fueled with hate and rage, which should've pushed him beyond the pain of some arrows. But Dhark blabbering about family was enough to stop both of them, because reasons.

All in all a disappointing start from both shows this week. It's not gutter tier trash or anything, but shorter seasons would be great, because we might get less filler like this.

ZeroX03

Banned
Question: I’ve been a longtime fan of yours (since the TV Guide days) and I’m dying for Arrow scoop. —Lisa
Ausiello: You skipped right over the Soaps In Depth era? You missed out on some gratuitous, decades-old Santa Barbara coverage. On the Arrow front, when Nyssa returns on Feb. 3, the League member “is going to take on Malcolm in a really ambitious and full-scale way, and she’s going to be asking Oliver to do some pretty dark things,” previews EP Wendy Mericle, who adds that the topic of Nyssa’s onetime lover Sara’s recent resurrection won’t come up in the “gangbusters” episode — partly because “she is off time traveling on Legends [of Tomorrow]!”

Nyssa works really well as a platonic partner for Oliver because they've both got this "let's get shit done efficiently" vibe. Their interaction was one of my favorite parts of an otherwise lackluster S3 finale. She also works well as a 'partner' for Laurel.

http://tvline.com/2016/01/22/greys-anatomy-owens-sister-nathan-riggs-transgender-season-12/

Nyssa works really well as a platonic partner for Oliver because they've both got this "let's get shit done efficiently" vibe. Their interaction was one of my favorite parts of an otherwise lackluster S3 finale. She also works well as a 'partner' for Laurel.

http://tvline.com/2016/01/22/greys-anatomy-owens-sister-nathan-riggs-transgender-season-12/
If neither of them tell the other they want a divorce, it is a wasted opportunity. Also goddammit that Sara won't be brought up. At this rate, I'm just going to guess Nyssa doesn't even know that she isn't mindless anymore.

Either chesthair or Thea
My money is on Thea because it's the only person that could compete with Felicty for Ollies love

Thea dies and Ollie takes on Artemis Crock as his new apprentice.

Wally gets speedster powers on Flash.

Miss Martian and Superboy are introduced on Supergirl.

Then all four of them apply to college in Happy Harbor, where they meet Dick Grayson and Kaldur'ahm.

Roy pops in from time to time, but isn't a regular.

We have our Friday series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom