• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

PreFire

I think it will be Felicity's mom

That's what I was thinking. Oliver would definitely be pissed, and Felicity actually wants Dahrk killed.. Sounds personal. But then again, why was Captain Lance there? Sure, lots could happen between four months (breaking up) but I think he'd be there unless he was hospitalized during her attack or maybe he was grieving too much and left right before we see Ollie there.

I really liked this episode. Sure, there were cheesy parts, but overall a fun episode.

Anarky seemed superior in hand to hand combat that one scene, then there's another where he gets KO'd with one punch. I know having a good chin doesn't determine his fighting skill, but damn.

Can't wait for legends tonight :)

strafer

I will literally laugh out loud if it turns out to be Felicitys mom in the grave.

No one will care if she dies. Viewing wise that is.

If they want the most possible shock value it better be someone more important.

Magwik

Banned
Either chesthair or Thea
My money is on Thea because it's the only person that could compete with Felicty for Ollies love
Unless Dahrk goes into Earth-2, grabs Robert Queen, and brings him back to kill him in front of Ollie just to be a colossal dick

Carbonox

I will literally laugh out loud if it turns out to be Felicitys mom in the grave.

This is how I feel. I don't care one bit about her character so for her to be in the grave and bringing out these sort of important fast-forward scenes would be dumb. She just is not important enough to warrant any sort of emotion of that scale from the viewer.

Should have been Felicity. Of course they wouldn't kill her off though when there's another opportunity to pinch something from Batman.

While this season is an improvement to a degree over the last (by a very small amount might I add), I'm starting to get real bored of it. It's draining in a way. Outside of Dahrk everyone else is tiresome to watch and they've turned in to right potatoes. Nothing of real interest is happening, the action is piss-poor and the flashbacks continue to be nothing but grating nonsense.

Arrow's become a chore to watch.

Magwik

Banned
Diggle is out grounded guy, a brother figure
Thea is just his sister who has (such) a lust for revenge blood, so she isn't as important
Chesthair is working with Dahrk which could end poorly but he is also a father figure to Ollie
That is actually something they could do backstory-wise.
Just make Supergirl Earth-3 to save some trouble.

ZeroX03

Banned
Remember there's another black guy on the show now, that's probably not in Diggle's favor.

I think Felicity would be kind of upset about her mom.

Nobody else on the show or audience will care if a mostly comic relief character bites the dust. Oliver probably doesn't really love her either.

This death has to be on par with Tommy and Moira how it's being hyped up.

Mama Smoak is one of the most popular characters on show's with its core fan base, the Twitter and Tumblr fan girls. They would be devastated! Only Felicity herself would devastate them more.

Let's just have Zatanna guest star.

I mean, they had her on Smallville at one point, so Arrowverse Zatanna should be a shoe in, right?

Another one of the few things Smallville got right, that Zatanna casting.
Zg1vj7q.jpg

the-wolf-of-wall-street-leo-dicaprio.jpg

I know this is going to sound crazy, but I think the grave is for Oliver's son.

Here's my crazy thinking on it:
- Felicity finds out about the son and then she freaks out and calls off the engagement (hence the missing ring), but of course she would still support him by coming to the funeral, and a kid being murdered would be enough for Felicity to want the culprit dead.

- Barry showing up is because he was there from the beginning helping Oliver find out about the kid, and maybe even meets the kid while Oliver is visiting Central City.

- Damien Dahrk is not responsible, surprisingly, but instead his wife is behind the death. This episode (and the one before it) showed us that Darhk seemingly has a soft spot for his family and probably considers attacks of such a nature off limits, while it also showed that his wife is quite ruthless. Damien finds out about the kid and chooses not to move on that, but then his wife finds out and, like a super evil Moira who would be less hesitant in such matters, has her own manipulations put into play to get the kid killed.

So there it is, welcome to the new age.

ZeroX03

Banned
I know this is going to sound crazy, but I think the grave is for Oliver's son.

Here's my crazy thinking on it:
- Felicity finds out about the son and then she freaks out and calls off the engagement (hence the missing ring), but of course she would still support him by coming to the funeral, and a kid being murdered would be enough for Felicity to want the culprit dead.

- Barry showing up is because he was there from the beginning helping Oliver find out about the kid, and maybe even meets the kid while Oliver is visiting Central City.

- Damien Dahrk is not responsible, surprisingly, but instead his wife is behind the death. This episode (and the one before it) showed us that Darhk seemingly has a soft spot for his family and probably considers attacks of such a nature off limits, while it also showed that his wife is quite ruthless. Damien finds out about the kid and chooses not to move on that, but then his wife finds out and, like a super evil Moira who would be less hesitant in such matters, has her own manipulations put into play to get the kid killed.

So there it is, welcome to the new age.

So Darhk isn't responsible but Oliver must think he is? He very clearly says I'm going to kill HIM.

Yep. Damien didn't do it, and the big drama would be Oliver tapping back into his assassin ways, going all season-8-Jack-Bauer on Damien and crew only to find out it he was against it.

Like I said, crazy. Maybe I want it to be this so that Chesthair and Black Driver don't die.

ZeroX03

Banned
When is Tommy coming back. Because it has to happen with all this resurrection going on.

Hell make him the Todd of Arrow.

He's a series regular on Chicago Med, so probably not anytime soon. He can make appearances on Arrow if his schedule allows for it, and is totally down to be evil.

CryptiK

So whats the best way to fix the Felcity problems guys! Lets put her in a wheel chair and have her whine more. Perfect, just when she finally was going back to not being annoying.

100% its going to be Diggle in that grave.

Diggle is too important and connected to the Suicide Squad/Argus stuff
Thea has nothing going for her
She's dead

Thea seems to have finished her arc. Growing from druggie mess of a teen to responsible, functioning adult who can control her impulses.

Plus, Thea dying means Malcolm has no reason to keep up his idea of "being good," and Oliver has no reason to keep him alive.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Man, it's going to feel so great when they do the flashforward again, with Oliver and Felicity in the car, and the camera pans over to the partition rolling down to reveal Diggle.

Johndoey

Banned
Show flashes forward Oliver and Dahrk are now best buddies, boom a shot rings out Anarky has murdered Dahrk cue funeral sadness cue Revengence. Hold the applause.

Thea makes sense, but would they really kill off the last of Oliver's family??
It's either Thea, Laurel, or Diggle. I don't see Felicity being that upset over Lance....... unless Lance had married her mom and is now her step-dad? OH SHIT IT'S LANCE!

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure
Does anybody know what kind of weapon Anarky was wielding at the end of the episode? I thought it was pretty cool and have never seen it before.

I think a superhero show has kind of screwed up when the biggest issue in an episode is about the girlfriend having surgery. Not some cosmic superhuman issue surgery, just surgery.

morningbus

I think a superhero show has kind of screwed up when the biggest issue in an episode is about the girlfriend having surgery. Not some cosmic superhuman issue surgery, just surgery.
This is one of those criticisms that only exists when you're trying to look for something to criticize.

Joni

I want Malcolm to fuck things up and get Thea killed, and he's the guy Oliver swears to kill.

That's probably how it will go. They left it intentionally vague and made no mentions of Dahrk. Ollie let Malcom go on for far too long.

Wendy on this subject
No. I can’t confirm that, actually. That’s another mystery I’m going to leave to be unfolded at a later date.

Kyoufu

So I'm like a few episodes behind. Should I catch up? Wasn't enjoying it before so really I'm wondering if things picked up or if Oliver is still having a summer vacation in the form of island flashbacks.

This is one of those criticisms that only exists when you're trying to look for something to criticize.

It was the main source of drama in the episode. When Flash let his mother die that was some major drama right there, but then we had the entire resolution with Refervse Flash still. Anarchy was shite.

The entire thing was boring and a chore to watch.

morningbus

It was the main source of drama in the episode.

So? You're saying this stuff like it is self-evident that it shouldn't happen on a superhero show.

When Flash let his mother die that was some major drama right there, but then we had the entire resolution with Refervse Flash still. Anarchy was shite.

I for one expect season-finale levels of drama and resolution at all times. I disagree with Anarky, but whatever.

The entire thing was boring and a chore to watch.

Fair enough. You can stop right there: you don't have to like it. Your reason is weak, but you don't have to like it.

Tabby

Fair enough. You can stop right there: you don't have to like it. Your reason is weak, but you don't have to like it.
I feel like at this point some people are just hate watching, or only watching it because they like Flash and interested in Legends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom