• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi87

Does no one consider all 3 shit shows?

Like honestly The Flash is nothing remarkable and often really fucking dumb. Legends has the ice guy who I'd actually kinda like if he didn't have this weird way he talks and I can't help but feel sorry for Brandon Routh every time I see him.

Sure there are people who feel that way, but they usually don't come to these threads because... Generally these threads exist for fans.

Luigi87

Can't you be a fan of a shit show? I'm a fan for more than a couple things I actively consider really bad critically.

Well yes I suppose.
Nobody thinks these shows are perfect, we enjoy them for what they are (and as said above, they're comic book shows). Arrow most certainly was not being received warmly back in season 3.
And some people do dislike the other two series, it's all personal taste.

I personally love Flash, I enjoy Arrow, and right now Legends has yet to entirely win me over, but I'm still giving it the benefit of the doubt.

Magwik

Banned
Arrow Season 4 |OT| Felicity and Friends
Arrow Season 4 |OT| It's Greener on the Dahrk Side

We are due for a title change, right?

EDIT:
1. The Flash
2. Legends of Tomorrow
3. Supergirl
4. Arrow

GulAtiCa

1. Arrow
2. The Flash
3. Supergirl
4. Legends of Tomorrow

I only include Legends last as it's only starting, hard to rank it.

Joni

Current season:
1. Arrow
2. The Flash
3. Supergirl

Legends of Tomorrow has too little episodes to make a judgement.

anaron

Like honestly The Flash is nothing remarkable and often really fucking dumb. Legends has the ice guy who I'd actually kinda like if he didn't have this weird way he talks and I can't help but feel sorry for Brandon Routh every time I see him.

Why? This is the best role he's ever had.

Can't you be a fan of a shit show? I'm a fan for more than a couple things I actively consider really bad critically.

Of course you can, but even then someone should still be able to balance the criticism. I watch Supergirl, Flash, Arrow and Gotham and enjoy them all to some degree, even if I get caught up in the bitching right after watching an episode (and I really want to turn that down a little, sorry). I also like the discussions and speculation about possible characters, villains or plot points in the threads, even though I don't participate much in them, because I don't read comics. But I enjoy the craziness and sheer amount of possibilities.

The shows are all campy shlock, but that's fine for me. If I don't enjoy something, I usually finish the season and then simply forget about the show entirely (Dexter, American Horror Story) and don't continue watching them or give the new season a shot and decide from there on if I'm going to continue (Arrow). I never understood the people who come into threads just to state how much they dislike the show and vow to never watch it again. It contributes nothing to the current discussion and might only derail it. Just use Twitter or something if you just want to vent a little.

Chuck is the best role he ever had and because I think he had a shot at the big screen and is now back as a supporting role as a fairly unknown comic book hero. While the franchise he failed with is looking to go huge.

Of course you can, but even then someone should still be able to balance the criticism. I watch Supergirl, Flash, Arrow and Gotham and enjoy them all to some degree, even if I get caught up in the bitching right after watching an episode (and I really want to turn that down a little, sorry). I also like the discussions and speculation about possible characters, villains or plot points in the threads, even though I don't participate much in them, because I don't read comics. But I enjoy the craziness and sheer amount of possibilities.

The shows are all campy shlock, but that's fine for me. If I don't enjoy something, I usually finish the season and then simply forget about the show entirely (Dexter, American Horror Story) and don't continue watching them or give the new season a shot and decide from there on if I'm going to continue (Arrow). I never understood the people who come into threads just to state how much they dislike the show and vow to never watch it again. It contributes nothing to the current discussion and might only derail it. Just use Twitter or something if you just want to vent a little.

Agreed but I also said nothing of the contrary.

Joni

Chuck is the best role he ever had and because I think he had a shot at the big screen and is now back as a supporting role as a fairly unknown comic book hero. While the franchise he failed with is looking to go huge.

Ray, Daniel Shaw and Todd

4636_16d0_500.gif

I guess I'm the only one down on Flash this year. Barry has been pretty annoying/awful most of the season.

1. Arrow
2. Supergirl
3. Legends (this may just steal #2)
4. The Flash

Still a lot of time left though in the seasons. Enjoying all 4 a lot though.

holy crap this show got boring as fuuuuck

even if you skip the flashbacks (which you definitely should do if you record this or watch on hulu, nothing is missed) it's just become a show that you casually watch while browsing on your phone/computer etc.

it's kind of running on fumes at this point, does CW really think they can do their silly smallville/supernatural model of 14 seasons on this? the team's being worn thin on 3 simultaneous shows.

katana fighting nyssa was cool for a bit.

edit: don't watch supergirl but the little I did watch is better than this. but to be fair:

1. Gotham
2. Flash
3. Legends of Tomorrow (will wait until the full season to see if it's better than flash or not, great start though)
4. Arrow

holy crap this show got boring as fuuuuck

even if you skip the flashbacks (which you definitely should do if you record this or watch on hulu, nothing is missed) it's just become a show that you casually watch while browsing on your phone/computer etc.

it's kind of running at fumes at this point, does CW really think they can do their silly smallville/supernatural model of 14 seasons on this? the team's being worn thin on 3 simultaneous shows.

katana fighting nyssa was cool for a bit.

Flash is following smallville/supernatural model much more than arrow is at this point in time.
Arrow has a more on going story with in the season plot and characters from this season and the past .

1. Flash
2. Legends
3. Arrow
4. Not watching Supergirl (no CBS on Hulu :/)

But seriously, there's a margin of like nothing between them. Flash and Arrow are pretty much going blow-for-blow, and Legends is all kinds of corny fun. This is really just a comparison of the last episode of each.

If we expand it to DC shows:

1. Gotham

-Lots of space-

The rest.

Seriously, guys, watch Gotham S2. Shit is ridiculous.

Seriously, Gotham embraced the camp that even Flash dares not to venture to. And it's not held back by any CW/MTV-isms with the romance, quite violent at times too.

such an incredibly enjoyable mess. Like a Tim Burton Batman prequel.

Johndoey

Banned
Gotham season 2 is goddamn amazing man. Shit blows everything else out of the damn water. Best leading man, best leading woman, best side characters, best villains. Gotham is better than your fav. I was clowning that Gotham shit after season 1 then I watched it and reevaluated my life.

BFIB

The main problem is all the dead weight the show carries. Thea and Laurel don't add much, Laurels character, there's not much to like there. Laurels canary is cringe worthy, and we've already been down the "lust to kill" story with Roy, so it's tough to invest in Theas story.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Hard to distinguish who Gotham fans are trying to convince: other people or themselves.

Kyoufu

That was a meh episode. The flashbacks are still a waste of time.

So far, in my opinion, only episodes 9 and 10 have been high quality this season.

Honestly I can't wait for the island flashbacks to be done with forever. Let's move on to Earth-2 shenanigans where Oliver has flashbacks of his father while he bonds with the Earth-2 version.

anaron

Agreed but I also said nothing of the contrary.

Wait what.

His character on Chuck was bland as hell and he's been completely forgotten as Superman.

Not to say he was ever doing poorly but considering the immediate trajectory following Superman Returns, he's doing so much better now.

He's one of the leads, not supporting, on the TV equivalent of the Justice League as a character he plays perfectly and is consistently one of the best and brightest spots in the Flarrowverse.

Honestly I can't wait for the island flashbacks to be done with forever. Let's move on to Earth-2 shenanigans where Oliver has flashbacks of his father while he bonds with the Earth-2 version.

Next year should be the last set if the show goes on for more than 5 seasons ( knowing CW it will).
Will hope the last set of the flashback on the island will be interesting .

Everyone who disses Gotham quit after five episodes or less, everyone who thinks its awesome...well they're still watching to this day.

Even if you want to argue that villians of the week, writing, character arcs don't trounce the competitors - the pacing is better hands down. Gotham Season 2 midseason finale fealt like the finale - where as Flash and especially Arrow are just spinning their wheels until they get to the real finale.

Everyone who disses Gotham quit after five episodes or less, everyone who thinks its awesome...well they're still watching to this day.

Even if you want to argue that villians of the week, writing, character arcs don't trounce the competitors - the pacing is better hands down. Gotham Season 2 midseason finale fealt like the finale - where as Flash and especially Arrow are just spinning there wheels until they get to the real finale.
Don't worry. Gotham will equal Arrow's quality, as they bring back
Fish Mooney

Yes, and even though Ollie has Constantine's phone number, he won't call and ask him to help out Thea, too.

Can he even help out with Thea ?
After what barrowman said this ep i think they shut that down .
So they can set up the fight for LOA.

Even if you want to argue that villians of the week, writing, character arcs don't trounce the competitors - the pacing is better hands down. Gotham Season 2 midseason finale fealt like the finale - where as Flash and especially Arrow are just spinning there wheels until they get to the real finale.

Gotham having midseason final that was not a cliffhanger don't mean much .
Still i wish more TV shows do arcs like that .
For eg arrow don't have big cliffhanger season final that lead into the next .

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

Nah. I've watched it all, am current, and can tell you that the majority of the show is still not particularly worth watching. It has some good and great elements and it's improved, but the show by design lacks ambition and what fans try to pass off as camp is only "camp" insofar as it's intentionally ham-fisted.

But I don't post week after week that I hate a show or try to make myself feel really super smart by nitpicking a comic book show to death, either. So maybe I'm the outlier.

weshes195

I mean, I guess? But they generally don't watch the shows then.

I mean, you say Flash is dumb, sure it doesn't have Breaking Bad writing. But it such a fun show with some amazing emotional scenes and characters that to me, it is an amazing show. I mean, the character development of Wells in Season 1 is top tier with amazing acting and writing? Hey, Breaking Bad may have better writing and characters, but they don't have people going to different universes and fighting sharks! I mean, how can a show that do that NOT be awesome?

I mean, you are hating on Captian Cold... Maybe you don't like cheesy things? Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, and Captain Cold are cheesy things (although intentionally). Even Arrow has had purposely cheesy things in it.

I mean, if you enjoy watching the shows regardless if you think they are good, whatever floats your boat. But I enjoy these shows as much as watching Breaking Bad, Sopranos, Carnival, and The Wire (with completely different reasons of course). So nah, I don't think they are shit at all.

weshes195

Even if you want to argue that villians of the week, writing, character arcs don't trounce the competitors - the pacing is better hands down. Gotham Season 2 midseason finale fealt like the finale - where as Flash and especially Arrow are just spinning their wheels until they get to the real finale.

Hmm, everyone has been repeatedly telling me to re-watch Gotham including my brother... I just don't know if I can even watch unbiased though. I did only go up to the midseason so maybe it REALLY got good?

It's just that... what I saw... Arrow S3 was master class writing compared to it. I really didn't care for it. Is it possible for me to love the show if I really hated the first half of the 1st season? It must have improved A LOT if this is all true.

Hmm, everyone has been repeatedly telling me to re-watch Gotham including my brother... I just don't know if I can even watch unbiased though. I did only go up to the midseason so maybe it REALLY got good?

It's just that... what I saw... Arrow S3 was master class writing compared to it. I really didn't care for it. Is it possible for me to love the show if I really hated the first half of the 1st season? It must have improved A LOT if this is all true.

I went back to it three times. Twice in the first season and once in the second.

It's still shit.

Contrary to the poster above me, I think season one has a tiny upswing after the mid season, but its Season 2 where things start getting really good, out of how many episodes in the first half I only felt as if one or two were boring.

weshes195

I went back to it three times. Twice in the first season and once in the second.

It's still shit.

Contrary to the poster above me, I think season one has a tiny upswing after the mid season, but its Season 2 where things start getting really good, out of how many episodes in the first half I only felt as if one or two were boring.

Hmm. Well, it is only 2 seasons... I might as well watch it since my brother will continue to annoy me about it lol

I REALLY want to enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom