• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arrow and Flash badly need to mine the good shit from Young Justice (now on Netflix! someone make a thread!). The Artemis, Wally and Bart adaptations were all done really well. Although I suppose Artemis is kind of similar to Thea with the supervillain father. Supergirl and Miss Martian too.

If Arrow makes it to like season 8 or something they can bring back Deathstroke and his kids.
YJ's greatest achievement was making Sportsmaster, Black Manta, and Aqualad cool. That's no easy task.

Magwik

Banned
BtBeKoG.png

I wonder what Deathstroke will be in?
Seemed like it would have been Suicide Squad but after the latest trailer it seems unlikely.
Unless the potential Dick Grayson is Slade instead.

If they can't get Colton back, Artemis Crock or Rose Wilson might be a fun addition.
Eh, I'd only want Artemis with Cheshire and certainly don't want Cheshire without Roy full time.

I'd say use Cass Cain, David Cain and Lady Shiva as there is no way WB plans on using them in the movie universe.

ZeroX03

Banned

A few other things...

Killing Amanda Waller was apparently a choice and not a directive. If she comes back in the flashbacks I'll believe it.

Constantine being a one time deal came from DC (hi embargo!) not NBC. Hal Jordan is off-limits because of movies. He doesn't know about Zatanna.

Helena couldn't get an episode last year because they couldn't fit her in, and no ep this year because of scheduling.

Lady Cop is coming back next year (which I assume means next season). Rutina Wesley booking a pilot stopped her coming back for this season.

Darhk is likely a fighter on par with Ra's if he's not using Magic.

Stunts took a hit in S3 because of budget, and they're trying hard to bring them back up to standard.

And huge spoiler that needs to be tagged:
Felicity and Oliver are still having sex, no wheelchair can stop them.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I thought it was a fairly decent episode, all things considered. Maybe the best of the season. The overall Felicityness was greatly kept in check for a change and it was great to see Nyssa kicking ass again.

I just wish we could get rid of the island once and for all. It's reaching Lost-like levels of badness.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
For all the writer's faults, I have to give them kudos for
not portraying a handicapped person like a sexless being like so many other shows.

Kyoufu

I thought it was a fairly decent episode, all things considered. Maybe the best of the season. The overall Felicityness was greatly kept in check for a change and it was great to see Thalia kicking ass again.

I just wish we could get rid of the island once and for all. It's reaching Lost-like levels of badness.

What part of this episode made you think it was the best of the season? The flashback made me wish a singularity would appear at any moment and erase the island from the timeline and Felicity was all like "LOL PWNED" that made me wish a singularity would erase her from the timeline. The fact that the writers thought people on the internet still say "pwned" like it's 2004 made me cringe so hard.

It was nice to see Roy again at least.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
What part of this episode made you think it was the best of the season? The flashback made me wish a singularity would appear at any moment and erase the island from the timeline and Felicity was all like "LOL PWNED" that made me wish a singularity would erase her from the timeline.

Well, this season has not been very good, so the bar is already low.

I also enjoyed the return of Roy, Nyssa and Katana. I also think it was much better paced than previous episodes. It wasn't amazing (Flash continues to be the superior DC show), but at very least I liked it much better.

strafer

I dont even know the timeline for the flashbacks. Ive lost track.

he has shorter hair, does that mean he went back after he got home?

Kyoufu

Well, this season has not been very good, so the bar is already low.

I also enjoyed the return of Roy, Nyssa and Katana. I also think it was much better paced than previous episodes. It wasn't amazing (Flash continues to be the superior DC show), but at very least I liked it much better.

Well I certainly agree with that. When I called out this season for not being good I was slammed by others, to my bewilderment.

I did enjoy episodes 9 & 10 a lot though. Very dark in tone where Darhk was a highly menacing threat who did some damage to Team Arrow. Sadly he's gone into hibernation which makes this current episode feel like filler to me.

Joni

What part of this episode made you think it was the best of the season? The flashback made me wish a singularity would appear at any moment and erase the island from the timeline and Felicity was all like "LOL PWNED" that made me wish a singularity would erase her from the timeline. The fact that the writers thought people on the internet still say "pwned" like it's 2004 made me cringe so hard.

It is the fact Roy and Nyssa came back, both with very good fight scenes. It was also great to see Shado again, which at least caused advances in the flashbacks. Calculator looked menacing and he confirmed our theories. And if you want stupid internet talk, Anon and people like that still talk that way, so that was accurate. It was a great episode, in a season that often kicks the ass of The Flash this year.

Congrats on becoming a mod Funky Papa.

For all the writer's faults, I have to give them kudos for
not portraying a handicapped person like a sexless being like so many other shows.

All we need is the huntress becoming a regular. I miss her crazy antics. The producer´s quote is not encouraging at all. Do you watch Legends of Tomorrow?

Earth-2 Huntress kills psycho murderer Earth-1 Huntress, takes her place, everyone cheers heartily.
I have been asking for this since Flash introduced Earth-2.
She'd literally work on all 4 shows.
Supergirl = Kara's best friend, helps Supergirl a few times as Robin(Batman doesn't need to be referenced anymore than he already has).
Flash = a hero from Earth whatever, could possibly help with alt Earth issues.
Arrow = as typical Huntress, her and Canary can have a friendly rivalry.
Legends = considering she doesn't really belong there anyway she'd make for an interesting team member, have her and Sara interact then you could even give Birds of Prey a shot in this universe.

Sober

It is the fact Roy and Nyssa came back, both with very good fight scenes. It was also great to see Shado again, which at least caused advances in the flashbacks. Calculator looked menacing and he confirmed our theories. And if you want stupid internet talk, Anon and people like that still talk that way, so that was accurate. It was a great episode, in a season that often kicks the ass of The Flash this year.
Yeah I think having Roy and Nyssa back really helped the episode but regardless of context it felt like the first episode in a while (or at least in a stretch of Arrow episodes) that had a lot of good energy and pacing to it. The only iffy bit was when Oliver shows up when the team is surrounded and just clowns on those mercs, it just looked a little awkward to me.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I'm often the one repeating that Barry would show up to the funeral for anyone, out of respect for his friends and because it is trivial for him to be there, but he wouldn't be there for Katana.

Felicity wouldn't even be there for Katana.

Kyoufu

I'm often the one repeating that Barry would show up to the funeral for anyone, out of respect for his friends and because it is trivial for him to be there, but he wouldn't be there for Katana.

Felicity wouldn't even be there for Katana.

It has to be someone Felicity cares deeply for to say "you have to kill that son of a bitch" about his or her murderer.

Maybe it's her father?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
It has to be someone Felicity cares deeply for to say "you have to kill that son of a bitch" about his or her murderer.

Maybe it's her father?

That would require a pretty good redemption arc for her Father, though.

I'm leaning toward Curtis, who will probably be built up more over this back half of the season. But it could go nearly any way at the moment.

Chase17

barry goes to the funeral so it must be someone he cares about ? he has no idea who katana is
Barry hasn't even taken the 5 minutes to check in on Felicity who has lost her ability to walk. Dude is unpredictable.

I was joking about Katana since all the suicide squad characters have been getting written off.

Joni

Yeah I think having Roy and Nyssa back really helped the episode but regardless of context it felt like the first episode in a while (or at least in a stretch of Arrow episodes) that had a lot of good energy and pacing to it. The only iffy bit was when Oliver shows up when the team is surrounded and just clowns on those mercs, it just looked a little awkward to me.

He should always be that much stronger than the rest of the team for it to work.

Barry hasn't even taken the 5 minutes to check in on Felicity who has lost her ability to walk. Dude is unpredictable.
Maybe he has. Oliver also visits Central without being seen on The Flash.

I have been asking for this since Flash introduced Earth-2.
She'd literally work on all 4 shows.
Supergirl = Kara's best friend, helps Supergirl a few times as Robin(Batman doesn't need to be referenced anymore than he already has).
Flash = a hero from Earth whatever, could possibly help with alt Earth issues.
Arrow = as typical Huntress, her and Canary can have a friendly rivalry.
Legends = considering she doesn't really belong there anyway she'd make for an interesting team member, have her and Sara interact then you could even give Birds of Prey a shot in this universe.

You really love the Helena Wayne Huntress, don't you?

You really love the Helena Wayne Huntress, don't you?
Funny thing is that when the New 52 started with retconning Helena Wayne into the main Huntress and killed Bertinelli off screen before she was ever Huntress,
it was actually one of the main reasons I stopped reading comics.
wf-1_pg1a.jpg

This literally felt like a slap in the face as a Huntress fan and I bought maybe just 1 or 2 books after that all the way till Batman Eternal.

However once Bertinelli was somewhat bought back in Grayson I went back and gave Wayne another shot.
(I always liked her as an alternate Earth thing but didn't like her as a temp replacing a main Earth character)
Her angle I actually started to love and she became my favorite, I just wish she had more interaction with the Batfamily.

As far as the Arrowverse goes Huntress has been the single worst thing they have done and anyway to fix it i'd go for.
( for me I'd even say Arrow's Huntress is worse than Arrow Season 3, at least that had some good stuff).
Though I also wouldn't care if Legends just did something and it fixed Bertinelli and she guests for an episode with no mention of past actions.

Helena Wayne Huntress is like the one thing I can beg for that could possibly happen,
Cass Cain my favorite DC character? na ain't going to happen.
Shiva would be awesome but sad without the prospect of Cass appearing.

I begged for Cheshire but then Roy left so I no longer want her in a major way.

Joni

If StaticJam doesn't achieve mod status, we can pack it up forever.
If StaticJam ever achieves mod status, I expect a lengthy ban for ZeroX03. Just about as long as Static needs for 150 posts.

He's hardly a superfan. He hasn't even figured out what shows she should star in on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
Suicide Squad show on Friday, a CW-improved Gotham on Saturday and a CW-saved Constantine on Sunday. Of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom