• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

T Dollarz

Honestly if it weren't for wanting to keep things flowing correctly with Flash and Legends to complete the DC universe, I would totally drop Arrow. Show is just cringeworthy more often than not at this point. Yeah, it is slightly better than last season because the team dynamic is stronger, but episode to episode it just really isn't enjoyable anymore. I miss the tone of the first two seasons so damn much.

ZeroX03

Banned

How could you :(

tumblr_n3fn6aWvYg1sjxzs0o3_400.gif

Volimar

Is anyone else really sad that Roy didn't say "maybe I'll swing by Central City"? I'd fucking love for him to do a few episodes of The Flash. His energy isn't as dark as say Oliver or Diggle, he'd probably fit in quite nicely over there even if his skills aren't that useful.

Next Flash episode would have been perfect with Barry being on Earth 2 and them being short handed on Earth 1.

Is anyone else really sad that Roy didn't say "maybe I'll swing by Central City"? I'd fucking love for him to do a few episodes of The Flash. His energy isn't as dark as say Oliver or Diggle, he'd probably fit in quite nicely over there even if his skills aren't that useful.

Roy and the Central City gang would be a lot of fun to see.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Id like to see him as Arsenal on Legends season 2.

Platy

Loved the episode.

Most plot development than any other arrow episode !

Oliver told the girl in the flashback, thea went to comma, roy was back and cleaned his name, felicity father, felicity is now fuck yeah felicity on palmer tech, mr terrific used one of his terrific balls, nissa escaped, oliver now wants to kill malcom.

Like more stuff happened on this episode than on the first half of the season =P

Joni

Malcolm talking about Thea as 'The Host.' Father of the year.
And why does Oliver keep swinging by Central? I assume it is to visit his son, but Felicity doesn't know that?

Chase17

Obviously the reason for arrow's decline is the loss of detective lance.

Random thoughts:
-Please no more leg/standing jokes. 1 an episode might be bearable but there were like 3 here.

-The jailbreak was both overly complex and too simple at the same time.

-Need more Roy flips.

-Episode had my favorite thing where a character gives an underwhelming speech and is praised greatly (I get why this happens though, still funny to me).

-Love how everyone reacted to Ollie shooting Roy in the shoulder. He's the green arrow! I trust him to take a non lethal shot.

Overall, I enjoyed this episode.

CloudWolf

Honestly if it weren't for wanting to keep things flowing correctly with Flash and Legends to complete the DC universe, I would totally drop Arrow. Show is just cringeworthy more often than not at this point. Yeah, it is slightly better than last season because the team dynamic is stronger, but episode to episode it just really isn't enjoyable anymore. I miss the tone of the first two seasons so damn much.
Yep, this. Arrow is a total shitshow, but because of the connections between those CW shows I'm basically just watching it out of habit.

morningbus

None of the shows are even that essential to one another. So long as you accept that the other show exists the crossovers still make perfect sense.

GulAtiCa

None of the shows are even that essential to one another. So long as you accept that the other show exists the crossovers still make perfect sense.

Yep, which is why I'm always confused on why some say they "have" to watch Arrow/Flash/Legends/etc in order to keep up. They don't really impact each other, plot wise, much at all. At worst, all someone will be is little confused on who some of these "new" characters are during cross-overs.

It make no sense to watch the show if you don't like it .
There really not that connected other than few easter eggs and cross over eps .
Also the show is not as bad as some people want to make it out to be .

Hell Legends even less connected since it take place during different time periods and that can always change.

Magwik

Banned
Yep, which is why I'm always confused on why some say they "have" to watch Arrow/Flash/Legends/etc in order to keep up. They don't really impact each other, plot wise, much at all. At worst, all someone will be is little confused on who some of these "new" characters are during cross-overs.

It's their way of saying they don't like Arrow/Flash/etc without having to actually commit to their opinion.

Chariot

Eh, I don't know he doesn't have much to do with Team Flash. Diggle being a week on Flash would be funny, because he would be so uncomfortable around all the nerds, the light-heartedness and especially Cisco.

abundant

Exactly. For example, my father only watches The Flash and he wasn't lost when he started watching Legends, even though he didn't know the history between Sara or Ray.

Eh, I don't know he doesn't have much to do with Team Flash. Diggle being a week on Flash would be funny, because he would be so uncomfortable around all the nerds, the light-heartedness and especially Cisco.

I mean, the red duo would have been dope. Roy flipping on rooftops and Barry zipping through the streets :p

I liked Roy´s return. His flips have been missed. Shadow´s appearance through me for a loop, because you never know with this show. And the calculator is Felicity´s dad, to the surprise of the very few, because most of us knew.

Joni

That was such a great episode: Nyssa, Katana, Shado, Roy all hit the right spot with their return. Felicity did great, and The Calculator is her dad. Called that back in October. And he is actually interesting enough to make it work.

Chariot

I mean, the red duo would have been dope. Roy flipping on rooftops and Barry zipping through the streets :p
Well, now I am again reminded how much I am lamenting that Diggle isn't Green Lantern. Fuck, man. I want that Green Team.

That was such a great episode: Nyssa, Katana, Shado, Roy all hit the right spot with their return. Felicity did great, and The Calculator is her dad. Called that back in October. And he is actually interesting enough to make it work.
Nyssa's escape was fucking dumb.

Why smuggling a dagger in giant obvious pepper, when you stay in front of the cell anyway and immediately kill the guards. Just give her a sword directly.

Joni

Well, now I am again reminded how much I am lamenting that Diggle isn't Green Lantern. Fuck, man. I want that Green Team.

Nyssa's escape was fucking dumb.

Why smuggling a dagger in giant obvious pepper, when you stay in front of the cell anyway and immediately kill the guards. Just give her a sword directly.

I assume she just wasn't sure of the level of the guards. Nyssa is just about the strongest person in the prison while she might be mid-level.

JustinBB7

Super fun ep, reminded me of season 1/2 a lot. Tons of familiar faces, (was really scared they would hunt down the last(right?) remaining Suicide Squad member and kill of Katana). Crazy over the top plots and schemes. Ton of stuff happened. Nice reveals. The whole grave thing takes a whole new twist, hope it keeps up like this.

Then if he doesn't watch it, how would his criticism be valid? He can complain all he wants if he doesn't like what he sees.

Watching something don't make your criticism valid even more so after a while .
Lets say i watch the flash but i say it's trash .
And then complain about characters or the fact that people can react to flash .
If i keep on watching it and keep on saying people can react to flash don't make my criticism any more valid.

Hows season 4 so far? only did the 1st and 2nd season.

Good .

morningbus

"Why would a character do something so stupid?"

Wastes time watching show he hates.

Does no one consider all 3 shit shows?

Like honestly The Flash is nothing remarkable and often really fucking dumb. Legends has the ice guy who I'd actually kinda like if he didn't have this weird way he talks and I can't help but feel sorry for Brandon Routh every time I see him.

Does no one consider all 3 shit shows?

Like honestly The Flash is nothing remarkable and often really fucking dumb. Legends has the ice guy who I'd actually kinda like if he didn't have this weird way he talks and I can't help but feel sorry for Brandon Routh every time I see him.

I mean all 3 shows have things that are rather stupid or characters that do stupid shit .
But hey there comic book shows and i have fun watching them that all that matters .
Still i think some people hold the shows ( or maybe only one) to higher standard than they should .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom