• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroX03

Banned
Merlyn is a strange case. I don't think he was intended to be a series regular, and it was quite fun having him pop in for ominous scenes in S2. But Barrowman was in demand, needed a commitment from the producers so they had to give him that contract. Now they probably feel like they have to use him a lot more than necessary. It dulls his edge.

Chariot

That would certainly explain why Malcolm keeps cheating death.
I thought he pulled a River Song and just leaves a message for the Doctor if he knows that he will die, only to be saved by him at the exact moment.

--

But seriously the Legends of Tomorrow need to pick up Malcom at some point. We just can't go without him making comments on a time machine.

Blader

Thea being in the grave would be a really annoying decision since two critical plot points last year (Ollie challenging Ra's on the mountain and Ollie joining the league), and a large chunk of this season, all revolved around keeping Thea alive or bringing her back to life. To undo all that now by killing Thea a second time would make a lot of these two seasons feel really pointless.

Then again, they've also undone Sara's death (which was the trigger for all of S3), so it's not really unlike them to do that, either.

Johndoey

Banned
Merlyn is a strange case. I don't think he was intended to be a series regular, and it was quite fun having him pop in for ominous scenes in S2. But Barrowman was in demand, needed a commitment from the producers so they had to give him that contract. Now they probably feel like they have to use him a lot more than necessary. It dulls his edge.
Well hopefully his character is living on barrowed time.

Malcolm needs to get Slade off the island and they can reform the league together with some Mirikuru Lazarus pit monster soldiers.

Also fix his damn arm quick.

tim1138

After watching this week's episode of Legends of Tomorrow, I'd be a-ok if next season Arrow time jumped to a version of the future. The city can be all fucked up like in Legends, but Diggle, Thea, and Laurel can be around with Ollie and Connor. It was refreshing to see a Green Arrow story that was actually about Green Arrow again.

Joni

Thea being in the grave would be a really annoying decision since two critical plot points last year (Ollie challenging Ra's on the mountain and Ollie joining the league), and a large chunk of this season, all revolved around keeping Thea alive or bringing her back to life. To undo all that now by killing Thea a second time would make a lot of these two seasons feel really pointless.

Then again, they've also undone Sara's death (which was the trigger for all of S3), so it's not really unlike them to do that, either.
They undid it and then sidelined her on Arrow for obvious reasons. That one at least doesn't make a difference to Arrow. Losing Thea would mean all red sidekicks are gone.

Chariot

They undid it and then sidelined her on Arrow for obvious reasons. That one at least doesn't make a difference to Arrow. Losing Thea would mean all red sidekicks are gone.
Well, then Oliver finds out that Damian Dahrk is actually his son from the future, after he killed him, he vows then to take him in as his own son to raise him better and free from all that. But naturally he gets abducted by Malcom and trained to be an assassin, but the Son of Green Arrow decides along the way that he wants to be with his father and Damian becomes the new Robin Hood and adopts a cow which will be called Arrow Cow.

ZeroX03

Banned

I wouldn't put it past them, Flash decided to go against good, logical story telling with Zoom and it's not like Arrow is above just acting on shock value. They kind of rushed a narrative arc in Moira's last episode to 'justify' killing her, pissing off Susanna Thompson in the process.

This death will stick, apparently. So it's either Chesthair for a solid conclusion to his years or Thea for the shock. Can't see anyone else being viable really with Ollie's son gone and Diggle and Felicity safe.

carlsojo

I wouldn't put it past them, Flash decided to go against good, logical story telling with Zoom and it's not like Arrow is above just acting on shock value. They kind of rushed a narrative arc in Moira's last episode to 'justify' killing her, pissing off Susanna Thompson in the process.

This death will stick, apparently. So it's either Chesthair for a solid conclusion to his years or Thea for the shock. Can't see anyone else being viable really with Ollie's son gone and Diggle and Felicity safe.

Chesthair would be a good character to die. Oliver and Captain Lance's relationship feels complete after their years of back and forth. I don't think Barry would be invited to his funeral though, and I don't think Felicity would be down for Oliver to go murder anyone over Lance dying (unless her mom died with him). Plus, if Captain Lance dies are there literally ANY cops left in Star City?

I can rule out Andy being the killer, since Diggle is probably safe.

I'm almost 100% Malcolm is the killer.

And I kind of hope Felicity is in the grave, and she's a hallucination in the limo.

Thea being dead would be such a pile of horse shit to kill off the only thing that should happen with Thea is her being the one to kill Malcolm and having zero regrets and not even an ounce of sadness in doing it while telling Oliver to fuck off with his bullshit as she leaves Star City.

Chesthair is the only one of the main cast that's expendable at this point, I just hope Malcolm dies too. I do kind of want Thea and maybe even Laurel to leave Star City for a while. I was thinking about this last night and I'd have Laurel being taken by someone while Caitlin on the Flash also disappears, I probably should've wrote some notes down but I was about to go to sleep. Thea's not being on TV every week can be explained with her following leads outside Star City, maybe have her show up in a Flash episode or something.

Basically the first part of the next seasons of both shows would be involve trying to find them without a realization that their disappearances are connected for at least a few episodes, Caitlin's disappearance would happen in the off season with her quitting STAR Labs in the finale so they wouldn't even think about looking for her and assume after all the shit that's gone down she went off the grid. While Laurel would be abducted in the S4 finale by Adeline Kane/Wilson (Slade's ex-wife). I had some ideas for cross overs and such thrown in but it'd turn out to be H.I.V.E. Which shouldn't (and better not be) be entirely wiped out this year, Caitlin eventually just turns up in the Fall finale with a reveal (while the other characters aren't around of course) that she now has Killer Frost's powers in the stinger. Arrow's Fall finale reveal is showing Laurel still prisoner at the facility (if they could get Slade back, even better) where they've given her the actual, not the high pitched emitter thing that doesn't work half the time, Canary Cry. Later it could be revealed that Laurel broke people out before being recaptured or could just be Caitlin was let out with a job to do since she's now a heat vampire and H.I.V.E. Are the only ones who have what she needs without killing.

This was better in my head when I was thinking about it last night and I could probably work on it to make it so but it's late. I'll be surprised if they don't just destroy H.I.V.E. By the end of the season but I still want Slade's ex-wife to be the real person in charge, especially with this Damien Darhk business seems to be winding down after that last episode and there has to be people above him.

I always did wonder if Susanna Thompson disliked the way she got killed off, given that she had plenty of opportunities to return for a guest spot (such as Oliver returning to Starling in the season 3 flashbacks) but didn't. Which is a shame.

Magwik

Banned
So there are rumors going around that
Katie Cassidy was fired, and as a result she is also the one who is dead
. There are set photos of
a funeral which has Nysaa and Alex Kingston attending, no pictures of Katie Cassidy though.
So, if
Laurel is dead
, I'd drop the show entirely.

strafer

a funeral which has Nysaa and Alex Kingston attending, no pictures of Katie Cassidy though.
So, if
Laurel is dead

Why would she be fired?

Joni

So, if
Laurel is dead

It only took four years, but Robert Downey Jr will finally be right
For reference: there was a Hollywood rumor site that had bullshit rumors which was done by RDJ according to those bullshit rumors
I wouldn't mind as this opens the cast again for Sara

ZeroX03

Banned
So, if
Laurel is dead

First Google result for Katie Cassidy has pictures of her filming the funeral scene though? Judging by the hair it's a flashback to Sara's though. And there's still Nyssa attending so guess that's the modern one. Laurel dying would be a weird one. She's probably the least cared for character with the most potential and comic importance.

strafer

It only took four years, but Robert Downey Jr will finally be right
For reference: there was a Hollywood rumor site that had bullshit rumors which was done by RDJ according to those bullshit rumors
I wouldn't mind as this opens the cast again for Sara

RDJ runs a rumor site

Does he even know what a computer is?
?

Magwik

Banned
First Google result for Katie Cassidy has pictures of her filming the funeral scene though? Judging by the hair it's a flashback to Sara's though. And there's still Nyssa attending. Laurel dying would be a weird one. She's probably the least cared for character with the most potential and comic importance.

I meant without her hair dyed. Why do a parallel of Sara's funeral if Laurel doesn't die?

GulAtiCa

I doubt that Deva rumor. She seems best friends with girl who plays Felicity as well as went on vacation together with arsenal. So doubt her CO actors don't like her.

Joni

I doubt that Deva rumor. She seems best friends with girl who plays Felicity as well as went on vacation together with arsenal. So doubt her CO actors don't like her.

Back then it was somewhat believable because they never hang out with her, but nowadays, she does seem a lot more popular with the rest of the cast

ZeroX03

Banned
That rumor is from 2013?

Either way I don't believe the set behavior rumors. If she was bad there's no way she would have lasted four years. Also she was still training as of a few days ago if that counts for anything.

foxtrot3d

Banned
So, if
Laurel is dead

First, that smells like bullshit.

Second, I wouldn't care if it was true.
I'm up for ANY character dying, well maybe not Diggle, but I'd live with it. I already think the cast is too big with so many characters having nothing to do so I'm more than fine if they decided to just cull the cast down drastically. The show only needs Oliver, everyone can catch a bullet or an arrow.

ZeroX03

Banned
I mean it's not like the show would even need to be
down a Canary, they could shuffle Caity Lotz back over after this season of Legends finishes. I like Sara, and while I wouldn't really miss Laurel, I'd certainly mourn the waste of four years of potential that was her character. Laurel really was the one character I'd consider safe, you'd have to think they'd want to do something with her at some point.

Khezu

I have pretty much never liked Laurel, but killing her would be a waste. It just wouldn't feel very earned, because she doesn't fuck do anything in the show anymore. She is just filler for fight scenes, or shows up when they need someone to do something really stupid.

Though, I sorta want them to kill off like half the cast at this point, too many people in the arrow cave.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I wouldn't be surprised if that rumor was true and Cassidy was able to turn things around. She seems to be on good terms with everyone in the cast now, but I remember around that time people noticed that they would all take photos together...without her. It was around the same time we got Laurel's self destructive arc in Season 2, where it honestly looked like she was getting written out of the show. Then they suddenly turned her around, she got her DA job back, got help for her substance abuse, yadda yadda yadda.

I'd be sour if Laurel was written out now. I like where her character is at now. I wish they would do more with her being an attorney, maybe show her using her Canary persona for cases that can't be settled in court. Plus she calls Oliver out on his bullshit more than anyone.

ZeroX03

Banned
Marc Guggenheim teased a single letter of episode 19's title, which is "
r
".

Canadagraphs is saying the title is "
Canary Cry
".

I'm not gonna lie, I'll be fucked pissed if they kill Laurel. They've turned her character around these past couple seasons, they just need to give her character some shit to do. Standing around the Arrowcave and fighting mooks doesn't qualify.

Besides, We all know who should die in order to revitalize the show, but unfortunately that's not going to happen.

ZeroX03

Banned
I'm pretty sold on it being
one of the Lances at this point. I hope Laurel is a fakeout and it's Chesthair, he's had a satisfying arc. He's on good terms with the team. Let him go out a winner. It would really be a huge waste if Laurel died, even if I'd be more than happy with Sara as a replacement. Absolutely seeing a flashback to her funeral too.

Besides, We all know who should die in order to revitalize the show, but unfortunately that's not going to happen.

Of course
Merlyn
isn't going to die. Like the show would kill their most popular character. Don't be stupid.

Plus, if Captain Lance dies are there literally ANY cops left in Star City?

rutina-wesley-s-lady-cop-looks-fierce-in-arrow-photo.jpg

farisr

So finally caught up on all the episodes.

I never say stuff like this as I have a lot of tolerance and can sit through even the crappiest of things without having much of an issue, but despite liking the character otherwise, I'm actually hoping Felicity gets killed off but it won't happen.

It was one of the many reasons why season 3 was bad. The beginning of season 4 gave me hope that it was over, but nope. The writers fell back to their old habits and it's getting super annoying and forced.

Now I know she's left the relationship, and if that gets rid of the drama then great (I don't expect it to though), but as it stands right now, they've somehow managed to make her my least favorite character out of the main cast, and now she's at the top of the list of characters I want killed off.

I never say stuff like this as I have a lot of tolerance and can sit through even the crappiest of things without having much of an issue, but despite liking the character otherwise, I'm actually hoping it's Felicity in the grave if it gets rid of the Felicity drama.

It was one of the many reasons why season 3 was bad. The beginning of season 4 gave me hope that it was over, but nope. The writers fell back to their old habits and it's getting super annoying and forced.

Now I know she's left the relationship, and if that gets rid of the drama then great (I don't expect it to though), but as it stands right now, they've somehow managed to make her my least favorite character out of the main cast, and now she's at the top of the list of characters I want to be in that grave.

Felicity is safe. We've already seen her in the car post-funeral.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

Oh good to hear.

I never say stuff like this as I have a lot of tolerance for things like this but despite liking the character otherwise, I'm actually hoping it's Felicity in the grave if it gets rid of the Felicity drama.

Oh. I have news for you: you may have missed an episode or two.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I never say stuff like this as I have a lot of tolerance and can sit through even the crappiest of things without having much of an issue, but despite liking the character otherwise, I'm actually hoping it's Felicity in the grave if it gets rid of the Felicity drama.
She's the only character besides Oliver who literally cannot be in the grave.

farisr

Felicity is safe. We've already seen her in the car post-funeral.
Yeah, I meant killed off. I edited my post. I just remembered that. It's been like 6 weeks and it was like a very small segment at the end of the ep. I remember telling my brother "well there goes that theory" when we saw it.

ZeroX03

Banned
Oliver, Felicity & Diggle are confirmed alive unless there's some major fuckery going on. Also you can't kill an immortal, so Malcolm is safe too.

And episode 19 is flashing back to Sara's funeral, so it's like 99% one of the Lances.

You're right, Diggle counts.

Also I don't understand why you want the character killed off instead of just better stories with the character?

This is NeoGAF, people cry for games to be cancelled and devs to suffer just because they don't like them.

PS. kill off Jay plz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom