• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volimar

malcolm is not an immortal without the lazarus pit

nbFzlEJ.jpg

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Man, remember that time Felicity regained her ability to move legs to walk out of Oliver's life. Funny shit, bro.

It was too much. And that's saying something for a show about leather clad vigilantes that fight gun carrying mercenaries with bows.

They piled Felicity getting Curtis' wildly fantastical device to fix her injury, on top of more relationship drama, on top of her being able to walk again right at that very moment.

Suspension of belief is a weird thing. Like, I can buy the Lazarus Pit. But Curtis pulling that device out of his ass or Felicity creating a quantum processor overnight make me go "Ehhh?" I don't know why, but they just do.

Luigi87

The thing that bothered me most about Curtis' device enabling Felicity to walk again is that when it worked it was instant full on walking again. No rehabilitation needed, in spite of the fact that her legs should be in a state of atrophy.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
One of the most realistic things the show could do would be having the paralysis-curing technology not make it to market within the time span of the show.

Do you know how long a microchip you fuse to your fucking spine would be in testing?

The thing that bothered me most about Curtis' device enabling Felicity to walk again is that when it worked it was instant full on walking again. No rehabilitation needed, in spite of the fact that her legs should be in a state of atrophy.

Well every aspect of her grave disability has been glossed over / handled problematically, so whatevs.

Luigi87

One of the most realistic things the show could do would be having the paralysis-curing technology not make it to market within the time span of the show.

Do you know how long a microchip you fuse to your fucking spine would be in testing?

Time waits for no Felicity.

I just watched the most recent episode, and man was it terrible.

Is it just me, or does Arrow feel like a comedy. I was literally laughing the whole time at the dumb stuff that kept happening.

Firstly, who is Vixen? I can't remember seeing her before, but she was pretty useless besides breaking Dark's totem. And the gorilla/cheetah/animal crap from her totem was absolutely ridiculous.

Then the scene where Sam tells Laurel she slept with Oliver while Laurel and him were together, and she was perfectly fine with it. I thought, "Ok, I guess she has moved on cause she didn't even blink". But then she talks to Lance and is balling her eyes out, wtf??

Then Felicity getting upset at Oliver near the end was pretty strange, cause she was totally calm and collected while they were finding William. I understand that, but taking off the ring, like really?

But the best part was after that, when the leg implant in Felicity magically started to work. After weeks of not using her legs, she gets up and crosses the length of the room in 1 second and exits. I'm positive her legs would barely even function after not using them for weeks. lol

Am I the only one, or are we all kinda shocked where Arrow has been going lately?

What about a battery with infinite juice, though?

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I'm glad that I'm not alone in this.

I mean if all else fails, they could put the character on a bus to somewhere and have them show up occasionally. If you really feel Felicity should be gone, she could go back out to Coast City to start Smoak Technologies or whatever.

Best companion.

Not really, but I'm sad she's not gonna be on the show anymore.

Joni

Then the scene where Sam tells Laurel she slept with Oliver while Laurel and him were together, and she was perfectly fine with it. I thought, "Ok, I guess she has moved on cause she didn't even blink". But then she talks to Lance and is balling her eyes out, wtf??

Then Felicity getting upset at Oliver near the end was pretty strange, cause she was totally calm and collected while they were finding William. I understand that, but taking off the ring, like really?
In both cases, they are smart enough to realize it is bad to complain against the woman who just had her kid kidnapped.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
The problem is that she is a lesbian. That means Oliver's favorite hobby is probably off the table.
Which would in turn give him plenty of time and motivation to murder.

This plan just might work.

Joni

They would have an open relationship
He had one with Laurel, but that might have been a one-sided open relationship. At least Nyssa wouldn't mind him sleeping with Sara.

Which would in turn give him plenty of time and motivation to murder.

This plan just might work.
If they team up, Star City might be crime free by the end of season 5. It would also be population free with all the murders, but that is a detail.

With enough time watching Oliver doing the salmon ladder Nyssa, like some of us here could start questioning her sexuality.
I doubt it, for the obvious reasons. Why would she be entranced when she could easily watch Sara who's already done it in-universe? Sure she was a corpse up until a while ago, and now time-traveling and probably been like a year and a half since they last spoke, but I still hold out the hope!

It was never that bad aside the giant vagina monster.

Bah, it totally fucks up the mythos of Jack's immortality, and the end result is something they couldn't possibly undo for a followup season short of a full on reset.

Also Bill Pullman
paedophile–murderer hero

It's just massively terrible, especially coming off of the brilliant Children of Earth. (And I like first series)

Magwik

Banned
Bah, it totally fucks up the mythos of Jack's immortality, and the end result is something they couldn't possibly undo for a followup season short of a full on reset.

Also Bill Pullman
paedophile–murderer hero

In the universe of Doctor Who, just about any bullshit can be handwaved.

ZeroX03

Banned
I still need to listen to those damn Torchwood audio books/adventures. Looks like the most recent ones did well, because they're making more.

Johndoey

Banned
The murderous child molester was the most likable character in Miracle Day and he was the true hero.

Edit: there was something here for a moment, it's gone now.

Future

What an annoying ending. Of course the audience knows that arrow did tell felicity everything only to have them all die and a city destroyed that Barry had to run back in time to fix, and convince arrow not to make the same choice. So all that drama over bullshit

Joni

What an annoying ending. Of course the audience knows that arrow did tell felicity everything only to have them all die and a city destroyed that Barry had to run back in time to fix, and convince arrow not to make the same choice. So all that drama over bullshit
A. Barry forgot to tell Felicity was angry because he hid it; and B. He could have told her at the end of that episode. Like "I discovered something today. I have a son. I found out this morning, but I wanted to kill Savage first. Hope you don't mind?"

JDB

Banned
Everyone is mad at Felicity when the writers are the ones with third grade level writing. The only character who isn't portrayed as brain dead on this show is Curtis.

DeathyBoy

Banned
Everyone is mad at Felicity when the writers are the ones with third grade level writing. The only character who isn't portrayed as brain dead on this show is Curtis.

Can we have a 'hate-watch' Arrow thread and a normal Arrow thread? Because I'm sorry, but this thread is on the verge of being as insufferable as the Season 3 thread was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom