• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
You guys are gonna look foolish when we find out Diggle got a vesectomy and froze some of his sperm.

farisr

Also I don't understand why you want the character killed off instead of just better stories with the character?
I said it'd be good if the drama goes away now that she's walked away from the relationship.

But I don't hold out any hope anymore. The drama was supposed to go away when she and Ollie finally got together properly. That was very short-lived.

The writers seem to love it, or possibly can't think of what else to do with the character. So if that's the case, may as well just kill her off. And as I said, I really honestly never say stuff like this and have a lot of tolerance and can sit through a lot of crap. It wouldn't be so bad if the drama didn't feel so contrived.

It's not going to be Laurel but if it was I could already see Guggie and Wendy's damage control to the backlash as a certain segment of Felicity fans/Olicity shippers rejoice.

ZeroX03

Banned
How is diggle safe? from LOT Rip said that future is just a possible one

Because that future only changes if Sara and Ray come back. They aren't going to come back during until post-death otherwise the entire S4 of Arrow becomes "voided" thanks to time travel. Rip says he'll return them to the day they left, but just for continuity purposes it'll be six months later.

As of now that future is going to happen, until the Legends come back.

Plus fuck these guys if they screw Diggle out of an awesome legacy.

It's Lance, definitely Lance. No way is it Laurel, this show might make some stupid decisions but no one can be idiotic enough to think killing off the fucking Black Canary is a good idea.

So I saw the set leak pic... It looks like the last name on the grave is
Clayton which is Samantha's and I imagine William's last name.
LOL if that really turns out to be the case.

Slacka

Maybe I missed something but why do the events of Legends mean that
Diggle can’t be the one in the grave? All that Legends really did for me was add to his stack of death flags. Lyla could already be pregnant with Connor right now, which would make Connor 29 years old in this episode (I know the actor is actually early/mid 20’s, but that is still well within his believable age range). It would also be right up the CW drama alley to kill Diggle off before Lyla has a chance to tell him she is expecting. Then there is the fact that Connor’s real name is John Diggle Jr. To me that just screams of Connor having been named in his father’s memory.

People are also saying that Diggle must be safe because Connor was old enough to know his father personally before he died, but I don’t recall that ever actually being specifically referenced at any point? From the way that Connor was romanticising the name John Diggle and the fact that he couldn’t personally live up to that name I feel it is far more likely that his entire knowledge of his father comes from countless stories people around him told of his fathers heroics as he grew up, leaving him with the feeling that he could never match up to his memory.

I just don’t see how people think Diggle is in any way safe right now.

Volimar

It only took four years, but Robert Downey Jr will finally be right
For reference: there was a Hollywood rumor site that had bullshit rumors which was done by RDJ according to those bullshit rumors
I wouldn't mind as this opens the cast again for Sara

Wait, isn't that the rumors
that actresses like Hayden Panitierre were basically pimped out to middle eastern billionaires. Or am I thinking of different rumors?

Joni

Diggle can’t be the one in the grave? All that Legends really did for me was add to his stack of death flags. Lyla could already be pregnant with Connor right now, which would make Connor 29 years old in this episode (I know the actor is actually early/mid 20’s, but that is still well within his believable age range). It would also be right up the CW drama alley to kill Diggle off before Lyla has a chance to tell him she is expecting. Then there is the fact that Connor’s real name is John Diggle Jr. To me that just screams of Connor having been named in his father’s memory.

People are also saying that Diggle must be safe because Connor was old enough to know his father personally before he died, but I don’t recall that ever actually being specifically referenced at any point? From the way that Connor was romanticising the name John Diggle and the fact that he couldn’t personally live up to that name I feel it is far more likely that his entire knowledge of his father comes from countless stories people around him told of his fathers heroics as he grew up, leaving him with the feeling that he could never match up to his memory.

Wait, isn't that the rumors
that actresses like Hayden Panitierre were basically pimped out to middle eastern billionaires. Or am I thinking of different rumors?

It had millions of rumors.

Connor couldn't save his father, so he must be old enough to have actually been able to fight

It only took four years, but Robert Downey Jr will finally be right
For reference: there was a Hollywood rumor site that had bullshit rumors which was done by RDJ according to those bullshit rumors
I wouldn't mind as this opens the cast again for Sara

You are conflating Defamer's blind items with the origins of the "RDJ" hoax stuff.

ZeroX03

Banned

Big stretch that Connor is 29 in Legends.

And he clearly knew Diggle personally at an age where he was able to fight.

So I saw the set leak pic... It looks like the last name on the grave is
Clayton which is Samantha's and I imagine William's last name.
LOL if that really turns out to be the case.

Word is that was just a random grave. One gravestone was confirmed:
we'll be seeing Sara's

You're right, Diggle counts.

Also I don't understand why you want the character killed off instead of just better stories with the character?

Real talk: I blame Game of Thrones for convincing people that the best/only way to send off a character is by killing them, and that regularly killing main characters is no big deal.

It's not even a good show.

Mario007

For all the blame Guggenheim gets for his Felicity fetish, Im not sure if Kreisberg would be any better. I read his run of Green Arrow comics that basically revolves wholeheartedly around Felcity and it's been basically season 3 level bad.

Felicity is safe. We've already seen her in the car post-funeral.

It wouldn't be the first time a character in this show is haunted by the hullucination of his dead love.

4waXs4G.gif

There's still hope people!!

For all the blame Guggenheim gets for his Felicity fetish, Im not sure if Kreisberg would be any better. I read his run of Green Arrow comics that basically revolves wholeheartedly around Felcity and it's been basically season 3 level bad.
Yeah, bringing Felicity and Diggle into the actual Green Arrow comics was a fucking awful idea given that a decent number of fans didn't have much of a clue who the hell these two random characters were being shoved in. Haven't read the rest of the run but the new writers got rid of the Arrow elements, didn't they?

Chariot

Donna, IMO. Felicity was super upset.
She could be upset for Donna's sake.

I don't agree btw. that Lance would be needed to kill off. He is a very likely candidate, but you could actually do something with him. After all Comic Gordon is not dying very often either and it works.
Unless Bruce Wayne retires.

Mario007

Yeah, bringing Felicity and Diggle into the actual Green Arrow comics was a fucking awful idea given that a decent number of fans didn't have much of a clue who the hell these two random characters were being shoved in. Haven't read the rest of the run but the new writers got rid of the Arrow elements, didn't they?
Yeah they're gone now. To be fair diggle worked well in outsider wars too.

But you know you're in for a crappy arc when the hook of the first issue was that Felcity was hired to kill Oliver.

Joni

Felicity Smoak is a comic character. She predates the show version by almost 30 years.

ZeroX03

Banned
Felicity and Diggle should be in the comics. They should just be done properly.

Felicity Smoak is a comic character. She predates the show version by almost 30 years.

Felicity and Lyla have nothing to do with their comic counterparts, they're new characters who share a name.

We all know who Kreisberg's fetish character is now.

Joni

I know that, but she's an in name only version of Firestorm's stepmother so she's basically an original character. I doubt anyone looked at her name and went 'oh yeah, I remember her'.

Felicity and Lyla have nothing to do with their comic counterparts, they're new characters who share a name.

True, but it is not like that isn't common for comics themselves either.

We all know who Kreisberg's fetish character is now.

Still Booster Gold.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I would rather it be Diggle than Laurel.

But then who would give Oliver good DC Comics Black Dad™ Advice? Joe can't go all the way from Central City for that.

I like Thea, but I would rather lose her over Laurel or Diggle. They make too many of her plotlines revolve around Merlyn. It was needed for the training, but she should get her own stuff at this point.

But then who would give Oliver good DC Comics Black Dad™ Advice? Joe can't go all the way from Central City for that.

I like Thea, but I would rather lose her over Laurel or Diggle. They make too many of her plotlines revolve around Merlyn. It was needed for the training, but she should get her own stuff at this point.

Joe on the phone.

OMG I want a Diggle/Joe buddy cop show now.

Khezu

Whoa Conner is Diggles son?

I was pretty upset that he wasn't going to be Ollies, but that's actually pretty cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom